Possible new ride themes/ideas?

Chaos-Maniac

How about a Dukes of Hazzard coaster, could be along the lines of the "Italian Job" coasters at Paramount parks? A Catwoman ride could go down well with the recent continuance of the whole Batman theme, maybe a coaster with inversions or a nice flatty? I think a Tarzan or Phantom woodie would be GREAT as well! I also think when 'Ghost Ship' came out they could have done something great with that. Like one of those MASSIVE 320 person inverter pirate ships. Could have enclosed it and had all kinds of special effects. I guess they could do that with Pirates of the Carribbean as well. Just some thoughts.
I love the ghost ship idea. I could definiatly see one of these working. They could even maybe build it inside a half-open building? Something that the roof pops open during the day, closes at night? I'd love to be outside on minute, then flying back down inside then out again heading into a loop to only go through it again! :) Also.. Who made "The Day After Tomorrow"? That'd be a ride, seriously... I'd LOVE to ride it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ideas been generated here but why not a movie ride after all the park is called Movie World? The ride would be similar to the great movie ride at Disney/MGM studios in Orlando Florida a ride that show cases the great Australian movies i.e. Mad Max (truck), Priscilla (bus), Croc Dundee (farm), Ned Kelly’s (house), Babe (stables), Gallipoli (trenches) etc. Could even have a meet and greet the characters in TV Town where you recreate a street from Neighbors or Home and away where you walk around the houses and sets of your favorite TV shows make it interactive even shoot your favorite scene with you in it. Would be great to see an Australian theme around some of the great movies, music and TV shows that you guys make ( I am from NZ and don’t start on the sheep jokes after all you guys made Babe the sheep movie ! ) Instead of a ride why not a recreation of movie sets, TV shows that you can film or have you photo taken with digital stars place in beside or interacting with you. Anyhow Movie World is a fantastic park you guys should be proud for its size and for its admission levels its incredibly well themed, great rides and a daily parade good to see they are having events like Halloween as well, MW need's to have more themed events and open the park late on the weekends to 9 - 10 pm.

Good ideas been generated here but why not a movie ride after all the park is called Movie World? The ride would be similar to the great movie ride at Disney/MGM studios in Orlando Florida a ride that show cases the great Australian movies i.e. Mad Max (truck), Priscilla (bus), Croc Dundee (farm), Ned Kelly’s (house), Babe (stables), Gallipoli (trenches) etc. Could even have a meet and greet the characters in TV Town where you recreate a street from Neighbors or Home and away where you walk around the houses and sets of your favorite TV shows make it interactive even shoot your favorite scene with you in it. Would be great to see an Australian theme around some of the great movies, music and TV shows that you guys make ( I am from NZ and don’t start on the sheep jokes after all you guys made Babe the sheep movie ! ) Instead of a ride why not a recreation of movie sets, TV shows that you can film or have you photo taken with digital stars place in beside or interacting with you. Anyhow Movie World is a fantastic park you guys should be proud for its size and for its admission levels its incredibly well themed, great rides and a daily parade good to see they are having events like Halloween as well, MW need's to have more themed events and open the park late on the weekends to 9 - 10 pm.
Firstly, We are coming up for ideas for rides to be based around movies. However, It is called Warner Bros. Movie World.. So they can only make rides that Warner Bros. have created. Secondly, the Neighbours/Home & Away is a good idea.. However once again that's not created by Warner Bros. Also, That's TV.. Not movies. Thirdly, MW is created to feel like you've stepped into America's Hollywood.. Not Australia's, Hence the reason they don't already have an Australian theme to the park.

Ok so lets talk Warner Bros movies please remember that Warner Brothers now also own New Line Cinema and Castle Rock Films plus the own all the pre MGM/UA films and HB cartoons and Cartoon Networks, HBO films and finally WBTV, TBS Lorimar tele pics please refer to the WB corporate web site as they own more than 10 film companies So it depends how Warner Bros you want to go. I.e. Lord of the Rings, Austin Powers, Rush Hour and The Mask where made by New Line Cinema, which is owned by Time Warner, so does that count? Twister (1997) was made 50/50 with Universal, Bond film Never say Never again was a WB remake of Thunderball a MGM film and Towering Inferno was a 50/50 film with 20th Fox. For all the top 100 WB films please refer to www.boxofficemojo.com or for the top 50 films over the last 10 years refer to www.boxofficeguru.com they will list all the WB films over the last 100 years. Here are some of the signature films of Warner Brothers you can class them into categories like western, sci fi if you want, I will just give you a list of some great films that would make great theme park attractions and rides at WBMW Australia. Troy ( 2004 ) - Adventure/Epic Robin Hood (1938 + 1991) - Adventure House of Wax (1953 = 2004 ) - Horror Omega Man ( 1971 ) - Sci fi Blazing Saddles ( 1974 ) - Western Time Machine ( 1979 + 2004 ) - Sci fi Shinning ( 1980 ) - Horror Beetlejuice ( 1988 ) - Comedy/Horror Woodstock ( 1969) - Musical Never ending Story ( 1984 ) - Fantasy Noah’s Ark ( 1929 ) - Biblical A.I ( 2001 ) - Sci - fi Interview with a Vampire ( 1994 ) - Horror Oceans 11/12/13 ( 1960 + 2001 + 2004 + 2007 ) - Action Bonny and Clyde ( 1967 ) - Action Blade Runner ( 1982 ) - Sci fi National Lampoons Vacations ( 1985 ) The Goonies ( 1985 ) - Adventure Mad Max ( 1982 ) - Sci fi Will type some more later but there is dozens of films that WBMW could use. Warner Brothers films feature allot of Science Fiction, Action and Horror films so they could make a whole new section using several films to make up new attractions, shops, rides and restaurants to create a new section like Horror Hill using films the following horror movies. The Exorcist, House of Wax, Clockwork Orange, Little Shop of Horrors, Deliverance, Witches of Eastwick, Bettlejuice, Interview with a Vampire, Outland, Ghost Ship, house of Horrors, 13 ghosts, this section would then been used allot for October as the Halloween Horror month. Any How Shrek is a DreamWorks film so not ever film in the theme park belongs to Warner and world wide theme park use other film companies movies i.e. Star Wars is a 20th Fox movie yet Disney use them and Men in Black is a Sony movie used in a Universal park. Hope these film give you some ideas how past Warner films could make some great rides, attractions and whole new areas to expand the park.

Brendan I really like some of your ideas. I'd love to see something along those lines. Like the old Studio Tour but without actually going into the working studios, thus making it safer. Unlike Disney-MGM Studios' Great Movie Ride I'd also like it to be completely outdoors, which would better suit the themes you suggested. I can see it now - The Great Australian Movie Adventure. I'd like to see them recreate entire sets from some of Australia's most iconic films, and allow guests to explore them and see excerpts from the films, read some interesting trivia or information about them and maybe even where possible record some scenes with stars or directors talking today about what the film means to Australia. I'm already picturing Crocodile Dundee and I see room for things like Ned Kelly (perhaps including sections from the first ever feature film of 1906), Gallipoli, Babe and something like this simply couldn't be done without Young Einstiein. For this to work it'd need to be an entirely new area of the park (out behind Scooby-Doo), and they couldn't just rotate the exhibits; I'd like to see it as an ever-evolving area where new sections are added every year or two. It surely wouldn't be too expensive to add to, so I'm seeing this as a great opportunity to add something in the years when major attractions aren't on the cards

Richard, great minds think alike your idea is along the lines I was thinking a Hollywood street but made up of the great Australian movies sort of like the walk of fame which could be used in this area also. Picture this The Great Australian Movie Adventure where you wander down and around the houses, sets and locations from iconic Australian movies have Info screens and plaques giving additional information about the movies as told by the stars and crew of each movie. Could display the props, costumes and scripts and souvenirs also having a photo / video stop to take home a little piece of Australian movie history. This area would be constantly updated and added to as more great movies are made and have a yearly unveiling of the new sets / attractions then get the stars to cast their hand prints and signatures into concrete cementing their place in movie history. Also the Australian movie awards ( cant remember there name Aria’s ? ) should be held every year at movie world to cement the movie awards with the theme park. Movie World should host a yearly Oscar / Academy Awards party and encourage every one to come dressed as there favorite movie star / character and win prizes for the best dress / performance. Still think TV Town has a lot of merit also look how well Big Brother has done at DreamWorld and TV is just like a cinema in your home any how TV Town could feature Australian TV shows/sets as well as classic Warner Bros sets like café from Friends the OR from ER, the Oval office from West Wing etc. Could have a fun area as TV tie ins at movie parks are increasing i.e. Wiggles World and Nick land at dreamworld and Cartoon Beach at Sea World so why not a TV Town based on the biggest TV shows also ? :D

I'm also definitely a fan of the "TV Town" idea. Hollywood these days pretty much revolves around TV rather than movies so I think it'd definitely be appropriate. Perhaps a revival of the Special FX show but focusing on the making of popular TV shows with a sitcom set, selecting people from the audience to do a scene (this would go badly enough to make it work awesomely, and Friends is a Warner Bros. show), a popular primetime drama series showing off modern green screen effects (Smallville comes to mind) and maybe a third outdoor set for a backlot (if Police Academy ends up leaving they could make this a "TV stunts" section with some explosions and falls etc.). Not sure I'm a fan of the Neighbours/Home & Away idea but I can see it having some decent success, especially up against Big Brother.

Now that I've got some more information & detail about "The Great Australian Movie Adventure". It's defiantly growing on me. Also the "TV Town" sounds okay, But I don't think the Neighbours/Home & Away idea would work.. They'd need to use some more ironic TV shows (not saying they're not). But something that appeals to the whole world. Talking about Warner Bros. owning New Line Cinema etc, I'd love to see a Lord Of The Rings movie.. That'd defiantly be a world first & a major attraction!

Peter Jackson has The Lord of the Rings props in a museum in Wellington New Zealand so Movie World should look at building sets from the movies like Hobbiton, inside one of the Twin Towers etc would be easy to build and providing they got permission easy to get the props and costumes to display and make one hell of a studio tour. Harry Potter would make a great ride walking thru a magic school as a queue area then onto a broom ride or motion simulator or coaster like Spiderman from Islands of Adventure combining a great ride with special effects really create a family thrill ride. If they have all the rights to Warner Brothers huge studio of films now over 10,000 yes its true the have the biggest film library in the world they should look for a few more theme areas for years to come. Here is a list of the major theme park company’s areas. Disney themed areas in most of its theme parks include the following. 9 Parks World Wide, USA, France, China, Japan Main Street USA Adventure land Frontierland Fantasyland Tommorrowland Toontown New Orleans Universal themed areas include 5 Theme parks USA, Spain, Japan New York Hollywood San Francisco / Amity - jaws inspired Kidzone Jurrassic Park WaterWorld Old West The Back Lot - studio tours Cedar Fair / Paramount Parks 14 Parks all in USA Waterworks - water shows Nickelodeon Central Kidzville International Street - food areas Rivertown - wet rides Paramount Action Zone Hanna Barbera Land Boomerang Bay - water parks Country Fair Ghost Town Fiesta Village Indian Trails Snoopy World Six Flags 37 Parks USA, Canada, Mexico Bugs Bunny Land Looney Tunes Sea Port Movietown Mardi Gras Hurricane Harbor Country Fair Thunder Rivers World Fair Boom Town Story town Jungleland Gotham City Skull Island DC Comics plaza Studio Backlot Main Street Frontier Adventure Old Country Fantasy Forest Boardwalk So there are lots of areas from other theme park companies to consider. As Warner’s Porky Pigs says That’s all Folks.

They could build a diagon alley and have a gringotts simulator going down the tracks to the banks vaults. Or in the more recent Potter film going through all the triwizard tasks like flying away from a dragon, the dark lake escaping the mermaids and creatures or going through the enchanted maze.

Phaw all these ideas being generated. Some sounds hard, some easy. Lol they are all so great... apart from home and away and neighbours.. yuck. I don't have any ideas because you guys have said all the good ones, lol. Keep up the great work! P.S Nice avator aidan, lol the picture looks familiar, hehe.

I think something dedicated to television is exactly what the park needs. And WB television has an enormous amount of things available for them to use. My vote for a new ride would also be a shoot style ride. MIB is an amazing ride. I think they have enormous re-ride ability - more so than most other rides. I'm not even such a big fan of the style of ride, and I myself found myself going back to ride it over and over again in Orlando. It's incredible. I'd theme it to The Matrix. It seems like a perfect fit. Although I think a new water ride would also be of some use...particularly something along the lines of Grizzle River Run in DCA - it would knock Thunder River Rapids off the map. Mickey C

That's actually a really good idea Mickey. There is so much possibility with the Matrix. The themeing could be somewhat cost effective with a range of projectors (projecting those green letters) with a mixture of smoke and then obviously some props to shoot. It would be the perfect addition to Movie World because it would appeal to the family and teenage demographic. These sorts of rides can also, if they are designed by the right company, have reasonable capacity. The re-rideability too is a massive draw card for any theme park. Perhaps they could even add in a bit of thrill. Maybe an Intamin 'Multi Motion Dark Ride' system; similar to Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure where a motion base sits on a moving vehicle. The only problem I can see is the cost of putting it all together. The building plus ride system plus themeing could easily top Superman's budget and would it draw in the same number of visitors?

Phaw all these ideas being generated. Some sounds hard, some easy. Lol they are all so great... apart from home and away and neighbours.. yuck. I don't have any ideas because you guys have said all the good ones, lol. Keep up the great work! P.S Nice avator aidan, lol the picture looks familiar, hehe.
Lol Mickey I would never want a home and away or neighbours thing ever!, The shows are everywhere and they are always on.

Perhaps they could even add in a bit of thrill. Maybe an Intamin 'Multi Motion Dark Ride' system; similar to Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure where a motion base sits on a moving vehicle. The only problem I can see is the cost of putting it all together. The building plus ride system plus themeing could easily top Superman's budget and would it draw in the same number of visitors?
What about the Simtech darkride system (DW uses it on Big Red Car) Looking at their website they actually have a moving base version of their own, as well as all the other add ons such as laser guns etc. The fact there is no track is really appealing, it would allow for erratic movements etc and the technology could be pushed much further than what DW did with it. And I imagine it would be cheaper than Intamin. I like the earlier idea of doing a Harry Potter interactive dark ride, i can just imagine it being a terrifying trip through the castle with a boss battle against Voldemort at the end, with your car sort of circling around. Not for younger kids though. And Brendan, i like your idea of having proper themed areas, we are already seeing the begginnings of this, but they could divide it up like this. -Chinatown -Gotham City -Metropolis City -Main Street -Wild West -Looney Tunes Village -Entertainment Avenue (this would be an extension of main street sort of cutting off the northern end of the wild west area since the matrix exhibit kind of wrecked it, and could include the Matrix Exhibit and the Australian Idol attraction mentioned in an interview with John Menzies posted on Ozcoaster, perhaps with another attraction to round it off, it would have more of a modern urban feel (Think Hollywood at night))

You're absolutely right Gazza. A Simtech system would be much better. They have a variety of on-board pneumatic effects and have all the electronic scoring sorted. If they could get the license issues with Harry Potter sorted then it'd be fantastic. I just can't see J.K. Rowling approving it on Movie World's budget (she is very demanding). Walt Disney Imagineering have recently been having some very interesting discussions with her. I'd say it's more likely Disney will get the gig. Who could say no to the most creative, enthusiastic, and successful theme park brand in the world? I'm a pretty huge Harry Potter fan myself. I know I'd rather Disney make something truly impressive on a massive budget than see something smaller at Movie World. The Disney possibilities are endless. I'd still love to see an interactive dark ride at Movie World though.

Now that I've got some more information & detail about "The Great Australian Movie Adventure". It's defiantly growing on me. Also the "TV Town" sounds okay, But I don't think the Neighbours/Home & Away idea would work.. They'd need to use some more ironic TV shows (not saying they're not). But something that appeals to the whole world. Talking about Warner Bros. owning New Line Cinema etc, I'd love to see a Lord Of The Rings movie.. That'd defiantly be a world first & a major attraction!
Even though there are famous movies made by production companies that are subsidaries of Warner Bros. - the park is called Warner Bros. Movie World.
-Entertainment Avenue (this would be an extension of main street sort of cutting off the northern end of the wild west area since the matrix exhibit kind of wrecked it, and could include the Matrix Exhibit and the Australian Idol attraction mentioned in an interview with John Menzies posted on Ozcoaster, perhaps with another attraction to round it off, it would have more of a modern urban feel (Think Hollywood at night))
Not meaning to sound annoying here but Australian Idol would just not fit 1. It is not a movie, nor does it have any relation to a movie - which would stick out like a sore thumb in a park that is Warner Bros. Movie World 2. It is not a Warner Bros. media production, not even made by a subsidary of WB. It would be better off in DW where the have an existing contract with Southern Cross already. It could go near the DW studios area. providing it doesn't make so much noise that it disturbs the BB housemates. In saying that, it could operate seasonally. Edited by Swanny

That's actually a really good idea Mickey. There is so much possibility with the Matrix. The themeing could be somewhat cost effective with a range of projectors (projecting those green letters) with a mixture of smoke and then obviously some props to shoot. It would be the perfect addition to Movie World because it would appeal to the family and teenage demographic. These sorts of rides can also, if they are designed by the right company, have reasonable capacity. The re-rideability too is a massive draw card for any theme park. Perhaps they could even add in a bit of thrill. Maybe an Intamin 'Multi Motion Dark Ride' system; similar to Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure where a motion base sits on a moving vehicle. The only problem I can see is the cost of putting it all together. The building plus ride system plus themeing could easily top Superman's budget and would it draw in the same number of visitors?
That's a cool idea. Is this thing sorta the same as the Ghost Hunter (i think it was) that was at Sega World in Darling Harbour, Sydney? If so, I surely DO welcome this. Only hoping that the theming is not left as dodgy as Superman Escape!
What about the Simtech darkride system (DW uses it on Big Red Car) Looking at their website they actually have a moving base version of their own, as well as all the other add ons such as laser guns etc. The fact there is no track is really appealing, it would allow for erratic movements etc and the technology could be pushed much further than what DW did with it. And I imagine it would be cheaper than Intamin. I like the earlier idea of doing a Harry Potter interactive dark ride, i can just imagine it being a terrifying trip through the castle with a boss battle against Voldemort at the end, with your car sort of circling around. Not for younger kids though.
This is another good idea. How ever, I'm not sure if it's able to be done yet. But what would be pretty cool is if you could have 2 different tracks at then, So basically you go off in different directions & then hopefully have different endings in the ride. Also, Is this ride able to act sorta like a roller-coaster as in go up-and-down hills at different speeds etc? If so, that'd also add suspence to the ride.

Even though there are famous movies made by production companies that are subsidaries of Warner Bros. - the park is called Warner Bros. Movie World. Not meaning to sound annoying here but Australian Idol would just not fit 1. It is not a movie, nor does it have any relation to a movie - which would stick out like a sore thumb in a park that is Warner Bros. Movie World 2. It is not a Warner Bros. media production, not even made by a subsidary of WB. It would be better off in DW where the have an existing contract with Southern Cross already. It could go near the DW studios area. providing it doesn't make so much noise that it disturbs the BB housemates. In saying that, it could operate seasonally.
I was just going by an interview posted on Ozcoaster with WVTP CEO John Menzies. An attraction like this was mentioned as a possibility. Also, IMO i dont really care who makes the movies that attractions are themed around, Im more interested in them being made into good rides. Maybe one day they will simply call the park "Movie World" if many non WB attractions were built.

Somone's suggested a Poseidon ride - not stealing the idea but inside the ship I reckon you could place a topspin (this is sorta like Tomb Raider) and while spinning you see different parts of the ship, as well as having water splash down on you and stuff. That would be pretty effective. If not, would love a ripper B&M Coaster - I'm sorta thinking Brothers Grimm: The Ride. Would be a floorless B&M that takes you throughout a haunted forest or something. If you've seen it, there's a giant tower in the middle of the forest, the lift hill could pass through that before the first and largest drop, before the predictable loop, zero-g roll and other inversions, of couse interlocked between a few bunny hops here and there to take a look at the spectacular scenery.