Possible new ride themes/ideas?

Chaos-Maniac

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a Blood Diamond themed ride that goes through the bush behind WWF at high speeds. Would be great to see a Maverick (like the one at CP) copy in Australia. Or a B&M Diver. The car goes up the hill, turns then stops for 15 seconds. Then it drops into a tunnel and so on.....

i'm all for custom B&M diving machine perhaps with a vertical lift or even a hydraulic or LIM launch. maybe semi indoors start for nice themeing then outdoors. for rest as it is quite a large ride, although siginficant amount could be held underground.
Hmm, hydraulic launch, indoor start with theming, but a big ride, and with a vertical drop at some point. Sounds sort of familiar....its Superman! I'd have to admit, it would be quite a sight seeing a launch system trying to get those heavy dive machine trains going fast though, and it would be even more of a sight if B&M actually agreed to building another launch coaster (For those who dont know the only launched B&M is the incredible hulk coaster, and even then the launch system was not done by B&M and since then they have refused to build anymore)

As far as I can see (and I've never been to MW Aus.), this park seriously needs a waterride! As i know, Movie World have Wild West Falls and a Looney Tunes orientated 'waterride'. And if that last one looks like the one they had in Germany, you don't get wet at all. At the Gold Coaster you have great weather, mostly warm (correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I see on the internet), so I guess waterrides are very populair over there! MW needs a rapid river or something like a splash battle, allthough that last one doesn't have a good capacity. For a rapid river they could use the theme of the German one. That looked great! Never Ending Story...
The problem is that for one movie world isn't really a waterpark, except for the utterly boring looney tunes splash zone or (if you call it a water ride) wild west falls.

Umm, they mean a water ride, not a water slide :) Tons of theme parks have multipe boat based ride, take Islands of Adventure, They have the Jurassic Park River Adventure, Popeye & Blutos Bilge Rat Barges, Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls and they used to have a boat ride across the lagoon. Six Flags Magic Mountain is another example, they have Roaring Rapids, Tidal Wave, Log Jammer and Jet Streams. There is no reason not to get another water ride...

Umm, they mean a water ride, not a water slide :) Tons of theme parks have multipe boat based ride, take Islands of Adventure, They have the Jurassic Park River Adventure, Popeye & Blutos Bilge Rat Barges, Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls and they used to have a boat ride across the lagoon. Six Flags Magic Mountain is another example, they have Roaring Rapids, Tidal Wave, Log Jammer and Jet Streams. There is no reason not to get another water ride...
Sorry!! Anyway Movieworld and waterpark don't go together for me

Sorry!! Anyway Movieworld and waterpark don't go together for me
And that's exatly the problem! :o Come on! Even in Holland, where the climate is very bad, every park have at least 2 or three waterrides! And the only park that have one, is opening one this year! Why, ooooh why does a park on the Gold Coast, 300 days sun a year, only have ONE waterride and some kind of splash zone?! I really don't get that... Oh, and here are some foto's of the splash battle: Splash%20Battle%20met%20Walibi%20en%20Tessa.jpg2_splash_battle.jpgsplashbattle02.jpg Here you can download a video: Click, save target as... The idea: Everybody has a watergun. You have to shoot on targets (red, grey, yellow sings in the video). If you well, the waterelement after the target stops, so you won't get wet. But it's pretty hard... So everybody gets wet :D

That looks like a really good idea!!!. It could be used in alot of diffrent themes. If MV got one they could theme it to a old western ghost town. They could have a pre-show that tells you about a gang that ruled the town many years ago. However, instead of using traditional guns they used their own invention, water guns. You get into the cars (which are meant to be your tour vechiles, but armed with guns, just in case). The first part of the ride, there will be nothing to shoot at, because you are getting a tour of the town. However, when you come by one of the members of the gang, he tells you that you must leave the town now or face your death. (This is because you have stepped into the gangs territory). After the encounter with the gang member, the guns are enabled (switched on). Your cars can't leave the town, because of a bridge that has been torn down. So you have got no choice, but to fight your way out. You encounter another gang member, but this time he tells you that because you didn't leave the town, you are going to have to fight your way out. At this point he tells you the rules. You have to shoot the target to disable the water guns and other water effects so that you don't get wet. Everybody makes it out of the town, but depending on your skill, you might get wetter than others. I think this is a great idea but unfortunately the western area of WV already has a water ride, and needs rather a coaster than another water ride to pull in people. But, as I said before, splash battles can be themed to nearly anything. Anyway, what do you guys think about the theming idea? CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

That looks like a really good idea!!!. It could be used in alot of diffrent themes. If MV got one they could theme it to a old western ghost town. They could have a pre-show that tells you about a gang that ruled the town many years ago. However, instead of using traditional guns they used their own invention, water guns. You get into the cars (which are meant to be your tour vechiles, but armed with guns, just in case). The first part of the ride, there will be nothing to shoot at, because you are getting a tour of the town. However, when you come by one of the members of the gang, he tells you that you must leave the town now or face your death. (This is because you have stepped into the gangs territory). After the encounter with the gang member, the guns are enabled (switched on). Your cars can't leave the town, because of a bridge that has been torn down. So you have got no choice, but to fight your way out. You encounter another gang member, but this time he tells you that because you didn't leave the town, you are going to have to fight your way out. At this point he tells you the rules. You have to shoot the target to disable the water guns and other water effects so that you don't get wet. Everybody makes it out of the town, but depending on your skill, you might get wetter than others. I think this is a great idea but unfortunately the western area of WV already has a water ride, and needs rather a coaster than another water ride to pull in people. But, as I said before, splash battles can be themed to nearly anything. Anyway, what do you guys think about the theming idea? CoasterBoy6
Thats a mad I idea. I really like it. Creative mind there! :) Peter, does this SplashBattle goes fast? Can it be made to have a little coaster section in it?

Hey guys i just thought of a idea but im not sure if its warner or not,well the ride im thinking about is based on the movie Kenny.I was thinking its a break dance and instead of the normal like party/dance theme it could be a giant toilet and all of the cars could be the water being flushed down with some effects like water sprays{which might be a safety risk?} i can picture it now!"Kenny :the great flushdown experience!"!!!

Edited by varekai

Hey guys i just thought of a idea but im not sure if its warner or not,well the ride im thinking about is based on the movie Kenny.I was thinking its a break dance and instead of the normal like party/dance theme it could be a giant toilet and all of the cars could be the water being flushed down with some effects like water sprays{which might be a safety risk?} i can picture it now!"Kenny :the great flushdown experience!"!!!
I have never heard of this movie 'Kenny'. Is it about a toilet?? And how do you theme a car to look like water? I'm giving you an award for worst idea yet... and that's a pretty good achievement considering just how many bad ones there's been so far ;) Edited by GoGoBoy

Kenny was an Australian film released last year and it was pretty popular. I dont know wether you are joking or not about having not heard of it so ill just post some info anyway, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_%282006_film%29 But to be honest, I dont think a giant breakdance themed to a toilet really captures the spirit of the film. We seem to have a lot of these suggestion threads going, but I think a bit more thought needs to go into some ideas. This is the real world here so there are things that need to be considered: Cost: Im seeing people suggesting things like big B&Ms or Intamin hypers, but if you look back MW spends around $12-13mil on major rides (SDSC,LW,SE for example), WWF did cost $20 million, but that ride is huge and has a ton of theming. Meanwhile a B&M would cost $16mil+ and thats without any theming. Something to consider... Avaliability: Nowdays, parks here just get off the shelf rides, so I wouldnt expect things such as a launched dive machine for example simply because they arent made, nor would I expect a park here to custom develop a new ride system. Marketability: In terms of the theme you would want to aim for something well known and appealing to many. Suggestions for horror movie themed rides tend to pop up quite frequently, even though its sort of a niche genre that many cant stomach and a theme younger riders for example cant relate to (Whereas on a ride like SE they can relate to the theme) Also, an important thing to consider is wether people will actually plan a visit around these new attractions; will somebody want to go to MW to ride a toilet themed breakdance? Quality: Would the general public like the ride you propose? I always find it odd when some people critisize places such as DW for being tacky with theming, but turn around and suggest something equally as woeful. IS THE RIDE EVEN FUN? Practicality: Are the operating procedures for your ride simple? will lines move at a good pace? Would this sort of ride even work? But it would be nice if more people gave detailed ideas on how their idea would work (Like what CoasterBoy8 did) A lot of peoples suggestions seem to follow this format:

"It would be cool if [Column A]* got a [Column B]* themed to [Column C]*
*[Column A] -DW -MW -SW -WnW etc. *[Column B] -B&M Dive Machine -second launched coaster -A ride like Big Red Car -Something like this: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2025.htm -A Huss Topspin -An Australian First -A ride that goes from 0 to 70 in 3 secs -Something massive, with a 400ft LIM launch where you then go through a cobra roll and a barrel roll before a brake run that is indoors with themeing etc. *[Column C] -Saw 3 -Harry Potter -The Country Bears -Shrek 3 -This B grade, straight to video horror film i saw once - Poiseidon -Dukes of Hazzard -The Blue lagoon Volcano etc. Edited by Gazza

Thats a mad I idea. I really like it. Creative mind there! :) Peter, does this SplashBattle goes fast? Can it be made to have a little coaster section in it?
As far as they build yet, it's just the splash battle the way it is at Walibi World or Legoland. The idea was to have a button in the car that can speed it up, or slow down, but that button never came. Off course Walibi World had the prototype and it there were many problems! So I don't think you want to add a coaster section. Don't see that working... The ride system is a bit like a monorail system. On our track can ride 10 cars. They use sensors, like on normal 'car ride'. So there are no blocks or something. Would be hard to add and coaster section... B)

The Gold coast shouldnt even be doing level restrictions, Hinze dam is fine. Its just Brisbane making the coast go on drought restrictions.
Interestingly, Brisbane's Wivenhoe Dam is one of the major suppliers of water to the Gold Coast. A one-way pipeline from up here was built several years ago to save Hinze Dam from completely drying up. What's more interesting is that Brisbane's dams, though at a significantly lower level than the Gold Coast (23% vs. 80%), with only three times the population of the Gold Coast we have ten times the water stored across our dams. The problem is widespread and the Gold Coast is under the exact same struggles as the rest of SE Queensland.

Interestingly, Brisbane's Wivenhoe Dam is one of the major suppliers of water to the Gold Coast. A one-way pipeline from up here was built several years ago to save Hinze Dam from completely drying up. What's more interesting is that Brisbane's dams, though at a significantly lower level than the Gold Coast (23% vs. 80%), with only three times the population of the Gold Coast we have ten times the water stored across our dams. The problem is widespread and the Gold Coast is under the exact same struggles as the rest of SE Queensland.
Exactly -_- I mean Hinze dam is 90% but it's not all that big, back to rides, what about upgrading the looney tunes river ride. Or they could upgrade looney tunes village in general, I mean without it they'd be losing customers to dreamworld's nick central.