Breaking News: WhiteWater World to open ahead of schedule

Adam

From the 'MACQUARIE LEISURE REPORTS SEPTEMBER QUARTER UPDATE':

WhiteWater World on track to open ahead of schedule Construction of WhiteWater World has proceeded ahead of schedule with all major ride structures now complete and commissioning of rides to commence in the coming weeks. The park is now expected to open two weeks ahead of schedule in mid December, allowing the Group to receive the full benefit of the December school holiday period. Pre-opening marketing and recruitment programs are now also well advanced.
As many of us originally speculated, the park is well ahead of their construction schedule and is planning on opening earlier than originally conceived.

I think the earliest the park could open would be December 10. They do need to train staff who are working at the retail outlets etc. This could be done over 3-4 days. Interviews are on December 4.
They could just use Dreamworld staff until than though...they have enough to go around (I think?) but I am sure they have more staff than what was done when you went for your interview..they were looking for staff in September.

The event yesterday was a Media event for all members of the Media (including Radio Stations, News Papers, Television Stations, and other reputable sources). I recieved an invitation for the event, but couldn't attend or get someone to attend on my behalf due to the amount of time they gave us to say yes.

From the 'MACQUARIE LEISURE REPORTS SEPTEMBER QUARTER UPDATE': As many of us originally speculated, the park is well ahead of their construction schedule and is planning on opening earlier than originally conceived.
Gah! When I head down there in January it will be packed!! Hopefully it should be good though... also good they're opening sooner! Question: Do you think the release of "White Water World" will lower the admissions for Dreamworld?

Gah! When I head down there in January it will be packed!! Hopefully it should be good though... also good they're opening sooner! Question: Do you think the release of "White Water World" will lower the admissions for Dreamworld?
Get there before opening ;) people can't enter uintil they open and if you are there before they open than you have a 50% more chance of getting in than you would if you got there an hour or two after opening..

No it won't. lol. Jack607, where are you from? You seem to know a lot about themeparks.
I'm from Perth. I used to be a BIG coaster buff a few years ago... I'll explain more in the "introductions" forum since I haven't posted there yet. ;) Will hook you up with a link soon. EDIT: Link - http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...?showtopic=2895 Edited by Jack607

Lots of jobs advertised in our local paper today,so it can't be too far off completion :)
:o How exciting. Hm... do you think they'll do some special Dreamworld promotion during the holidays considering White Water World will probably be high on everyone's "to visit" list? I don't expect anything too major, maybe like a... I dno, discount when you buy online or something. I haven't really investigated..hehe.