Going to Movie World for first time.. Help :O

Jack607

Hey.. just joined up here :) I'll post this in Dreamworld as well cause we'll probably be going there too. Anyway... I have a few questions about MW. Hope you don't mind answering them. Basically I'm going to QLD in January 07 and wanted to get some feedback. Here'goes: I'll start with LW - good or bad? I've been on a Vekoma before and to be honest, I regret it. Despite the head-banging, is it a good ride? Should it be on my "to ride" list and if it should, any tips on preventing head-banging? Superman! Definately riding this beast ;) I just wanted to know about queue times - when's the best time to ride? What are the average queue times for this ride? What do you think I should check out? Maybe you could give me a "park plan" or a list of the rides you like and why. I just want be sure I plan my day right - we're only there for one day so I want to make sure I get what I want to do done. Cheers in advance :D xx jack

If you go on a good day to MW you should fit everything in - just. Also, Batwing should be open by then. GO ON THAT.
Sounds good - don't know much about Batwing, only that it's an S&S Space shot... I'm a bit rusty on my theme park knowledge - used to be a hk fan, sorta died off but reviving. Anyway, that's a blasty-drop thing isn't it?? Not too fond of those (heights... weird I know) but!! It's new and probably be the only chance I'll have to ride one ;) I'll browse around for some threads. Cheers!

Don't go the Matrix Exhibit.
Ew, Matrix. So far... I'm going on SE first, then Scooby Doo, then probably Wild West (eek, going backwards scares me!) then probably lunch or summat, then to Looney Tunes (it sounds fun) then finish up with LW cause I would rather have a headache later rather than earlier. Sound good? Oh... Batwing! Not sure where that'll go - I think I'd be the only one game enough for it.

If you are heading up in January the park will be in full gear, Superman will be firing on all cylinders and the staff are dedicated, so you should be able to get as many rides as you please. Ride it whenever because the queues arent that bad with 2 train operation. When i went i got there before opening, when they do open rides dont start for half an hour which was plenty of time to get organized (Get an all day locker if you want one etc) Scooby Doo and Wild West actually get longer waits (longer ride duration + broader appeal) so they are better to do early. I did both right at the start and got 2 rides on each with no queue. And maybe actually do batwing first since it is a lower capacity ride and the new thing, so that could lead to long lines. LW, Batman Adventure, and Road Runner just do whenever. And dont forget Shrek 4D, its excellent!

Edited by Gazza

The backwards drop on Wild West Falls sure is the scariest backwards drop at the park. Hope you enjoy your first time on Scooby-Doo. :D
Bahaha! I've heard many stories of the good ol' backwards drop.. that's why I'm afraid of that ride. Also, does WWF have any loud noises or dark bits or... I dunno... could someone explain the ride to me plers? :D

Bahaha! I've heard many stories of the good ol' backwards drop.. that's why I'm afraid of that ride. Also, does WWF have any loud noises or dark bits or... I dunno... could someone explain the ride to me plers? :D
Ok this is me scribbling something quick since I am about to get to bed but basically there is a dark lift hill part, a lit room at the top then you drop down backwards into an outdoors part - but it's not that bad. After drifting backwards for a bit, a turntable rotates you around. You drift along, seeing teepees, ghost town etc. During the ghost town there are bullet noises, they're not overly loud. After this you go up another lift hill and then into a room. After a bit, the doors open up and you plunge down the drop. It's very wet, certainly the most drenched you'll get on a ride of its kind at the Gold Coast (DW being 2nd and quite soaking, SW being pathetically minimal; also the smallest drop by far). Heaps of fun, not that intense at all, maybe a bit nervewracking the first ride but more drenching than anything. And it's lovely to do on a really warm day (which is mostly every day I guess :P ) anyway enjoy

Ok this is me scribbling something quick since I am about to get to bed but basically there is a dark lift hill part, a lit room at the top then you drop down backwards into an outdoors part - but it's not that bad. After drifting backwards for a bit, a turntable rotates you around. You drift along, seeing teepees, ghost town etc. During the ghost town there are bullet noises, they're not overly loud. After this you go up another lift hill and then into a room. After a bit, the doors open up and you plunge down the drop. It's very wet, certainly the most drenched you'll get on a ride of its kind at the Gold Coast (DW being 2nd and quite soaking, SW being pathetically minimal; also the smallest drop by far). Heaps of fun, not that intense at all, maybe a bit nervewracking the first ride but more drenching than anything. And it's lovely to do on a really warm day (which is mostly every day I guess :P ) anyway enjoy
Ooooh awesome!! I shall be riding it then... thought it was full of surprises and stuff xD I'll get over the backwards drop anyway - will probably have been on SDSC before hand, so I should've gotten a taste. :P Also, how rough is Letal Weapon? Cheers!

Yeah, no one can argue that it's not rough - but it's definately worth a ride. The queue moves pretty damn fast as well and they run two trains. The worst part IMO is the first hill where you brace yourself for the ride to come. Definately a quality ride, though.

Yeah, no one can argue that it's not rough - but it's definately worth a ride. The queue moves pretty damn fast as well and they run two trains. The worst part IMO is the first hill where you brace yourself for the ride to come. Definately a quality ride, though.
Ok, doesn't sound too bad. Cheers!! As long as it doesn't leave me with a headache (or a big one if I can't settle for less) then I'll ride it. :) Gah... I feel for you. Nemesis at Alton Towers.. was going up the lift and I was like... "GAH shouldn't of got on this" and I wasn't right, it was actually quite fun. :)

Don't bother with the Batman ride,biggest waste 25 mins which could be spent on decent rides (or in the queue for a decent ride :P ) Heck the Star Wars ride at Disneyland (which is about 15 yrs older) kicks ass compared to that simulation. And why doesnt Batman have a face? :blink::unsure: I am talking about Batman here,not the new Batwing,to be specific. Anway my 3 must rides of Movieworld are Superman Escape and the Scooby Doo coaster and the wild wild west ride. Lethal Weapon is OK,but kind of shabby in theme/location.But then again,it is 11 years old I suppose.

Edited by doublehelix

• 3 weeks later...

I found the trick to surviving Lethal Weapon was to hold your head either directly back, or hold it against one of the restraints. It is an awesome ride, but rough. Tip for Superman: Escape. Try to get the front or the back. Front car is Gate 5, back car is Gate 1. I found back car was great in that you float over the tophat, and fall into the retraint as you descend into the drop. Also: make sure you have ABSOLUTELY nothing on your person AT ALL. They do check, and if you have anything, they will open the restraints, pull you off and make you join the line again. If you intend on riding this more than once, and your whole group is going to ride, I do suggest hiring one of the All Day Lockers ($7). The Superman lockers I believe are $1 for an hour. If one of your group isn't riding, ask them to hold everything while you ride. Scooby Doo is awesome. My tip would be to make it your first ride for the day. When you see them on the Big Screen 'Opening the Park', go and wait at the barricades to the left of Main Street. When they open them, head over to Scooby Doo. I found that the early queues were really quite short. I enjoyed my morning ride because the people behind us in the lift (we were the front car at the station) didn't know the lift was going to tilt, or that they were going to fall backwards. Personally, I'd steer clear of Batman Adventure The Ride 2. I've ridden it twice, and both times I walked out of there with a headache. I didn't enjoy it at all. Wild Wild West is great. I offer one correction to what's already been said about this: After the backward section, you aren't turned around by a turntable. They use a U shaped section, and just bump the back of the boat into the wall, and a wheel to make the front of the boat take the lead. If you want photo's for these rides, I suggest knowing where the cameras are. Scooby Doo: First section, wear the swinging blades are. Superman: You will come through the building, over a hill, and down into a curve. The camera is toward the end of this curve Wild West Falls: Be prepared from the very start of the drop Lethal Weapon: Not too sure. Any other members help out with this one??