Annual Pass

dedb33t

ok hi people.. new here and quiet VERY confused.. umm the Annual pass. Does not include holidays :( What am i supposed to do in hot december lol... Anyway my friend got an email from dreamworld saying that cuz he has a year pass he gets access to waterworld... Is that true?? So should I quickly get annual pass to dreamworld so i can use it to get into water world??? Can someone Please explain the new dreamworld annual pass clearly and slowly please Thanks for all the help. In advance.> please do not close this thread.. I read through various threads and none seem to have the answer im looking for.. I was going to call but too late.. I want to get a dreamworl Max action (the new 185 dollar one..2moro..What does that include??) Thanks people

It really doesn't sound like DW has done a good job putting together these new annual passes if people are already (and understanderbly) getting confused by them. I think they definitely need some fine tuning otherwise I feel sorry for the poor staff in DW's and WWW's Guest Relations offices when people start complaining when the pass isn't all they were expecting it to be

Edited by GoGoBoy

The $185 pass gives you unlimited access to Dreamworld anytime but only allows access to WhiteWater World in the late afternoons just before it closes, and only in the off peak. So if you found you wanted to go to WWW more often, you could just buy a normal day entry which is only $42 anyway. I wouldn't buy a Wet 'n' Wild pass if I was you - it's all about WhiteWater World this year. But then again I would buy a Movie World annual pass rather than a Dreamworld one at the moment

well the off peak thing doesnt sound too bad.. Spend your day at dreamworld and go to water world for a little (No school holiday part is stupid..) but yeah i can just be at dreamworld on school holidays i guess.. or at the beach? so what time does it usually close? How many hours would I be expecting to stay at least? Thanks for the help :)

If you want to visit a water park over the summer to escape the heat, WhiteWater World is not the annual pass to go with. Go with Wet'n'Wild because unlike WhiteWater World's pass you'll actually be able to visit during the summer.
Yeah thats what I was thinking.. Well now that I have a job I think I will get one to dreamworld (the one that gives me off peak access) and a year pass to wet n wild..

See this is one example where Dreamworld/WWW's annual pass options really fall down. Here we have a potential customer who would be very willing to buy an annual pass to both Dreamworld AND WhiteWater World. However, because WWW's pass does not allow access during peak periods, which is basically a large part of summer, she is going to buy a Wet 'n' Wild pass instead. WhiteWater World has just lost that potential revenue. The sooner WWW expands enough so that they don't have to worry about capacity and can get rid of the 'off peak' pass policy, the better

It ultimately falls down to a situation where they had no other choice and it's really the best solution for a tricky situation. If WhiteWater World were any bigger it would have been too expensive, making it an unattractive investment for Macquarie Leisure. An extreme example of this is Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando. Universal went all-out and built an amazing, complete world-class park in one hit. This park has been a financial burden for Universal since opening, not because it's failing to get good attendance, but because its huge cost (a reported USD$2 billion) makes loan interest repayments huge.

I don't think the park would ever have the intention of paying back the $2 billion dollar principal while the company is a going concern. If the park is debt funded then the park's management would meet with the bank every decade or so to discuss the terms of the loan and obviously make regular interest payments through the decade. If the park is equity funded then there would be no interest payments or bank meetings. Unlikely though, where would the $2 billion dollars worth of investors come from (unless they got a bank to underwrite the investment)? I'm confident the park would be able to meet their interest repayments. It does sound bad (the $2 billion dollar debt) but many companies have massive outstanding debts that they will NEVER pay back until the company has ceased operating. These loans are interest-only and the principal is paid back in full when the loan expires. As mentioned previously though, banks will allow you to renew these loans if they think you're able to keep up payments and will eventually pay it back. In Universal's case, I believe the principal would be repaid when the park is eventually sold (eventually being never). Again, I'm just assuming this is how they've set it up. There are hundreds of ways to fund a company and I haven't bothered doing any research into Universal's financial position.

Edited by Adam

Well... Its dreamworld pass for me.. (The one that gives u access to whitewater world) ....Even though I cant use it on holidays I'll probably just be at dreamworld anyway.. and after holidays when i finish all the rides just head over to whitewater world for an hour or two (What time does it close..) .... Thanks for the help guys :)

Well... Its dreamworld pass for me.. (The one that gives u access to whitewater world) ....Even though I cant use it on holidays I'll probably just be at dreamworld anyway.. and after holidays when i finish all the rides just head over to whitewater world for an hour or two (What time does it close..) .... Thanks for the help guys :)
WWW will most likley close @ 5pm. But it could close @ 4pm during the winter season.