Bounty's Re-born

Bussy

I would have loved to see this ride stay and serve on Australian shores. However, I'm happy that the ride will continue to thrill hundreds more before it is put to rest! Also, is this ride a one of a kind? Or could DW buy on if they wanted, like a new one?
They could indeed, it is a Ride Trade Looping Starship, (http://www.ridetrade.com/r_products_roundrides.htm) but with a pirate theme of course. Dont know why DW would though, its hardly groundbreaking and no better than their current line up, and there are plenty of similar rides here (Eg at the Luna Parks, travelling shows etc) Edited by Gazza

Its not the only swinging inverter ship like that, although it is still extremly unique. There are only two like that, one in Paramounts Wonderland Canada, and the other one was in Canadas wonderland sister park, Wonderland Sydney. Gazza you say how they are similar, when there are very different. ONE: your not enclose by ugly steel frames, TWO: Bounty's works on the momentum of the counter weight, I know the ones at the shows do, but they dont rely on the weight as much and also when the ship gets stuck upside down the engines stall and braking mechanism (dont know exactly what it is) is engaged with Bounty's when it stops upside down.. it is actually still moving and there are no brakes or anything stoping it, its just the weights momentum slowing it RIGHT down up the down, and THREE: The Swinging Inverter Ships at the shows dont provide as much thrills and aren't as big as Bounty's. Hehe... THANKYOU :D I had to add this in to that I forgot all about... restraints are different and are more secure... and well I think I would trust bounty's more than what I would a Ranger ship.

Edited by mickey_079

Its not the only swinging inverter ship like that, although it is still extremly unique. There are only two like that, one in Paramounts Wonderland Canada, and the other one was in Canadas wonderland sister park, Wonderland Sydney. Gazza you say how they are similar, when there are very different. ONE: your not enclose by ugly steel frames, TWO: Bounty's works on the momentum of the counter weight, I know the ones at the shows do, but they dont rely on the weight as much and also when the ship gets stuck upside down the engines stall and braking mechanism (dont know exactly what it is) is engaged with Bounty's when it stops upside down.. it is actually still moving and there are now brakes or anything stoping it, its just the weights momentum slowing it RIGHT down up the down, and THREE: The Swinging Inverter Ships at the shows dont provide as much thrills and aren't as big as Bounty's. Hehe... THANKYOU
Sorry Gazza, But I have to agree with mickey_079 on this one. Sure, I wouldn't like DW to get one of these, I was just using it as an example. However, I would like to see one of these back on Australian shores.

The technology for this type of ride is actually still not that old, its very basic but a very bare amount of rides use this type of technology, its cheaper in maintainance as well because the bounty's engine had NEVER been replace in its life at Wonderland, and the one at Wonderland Canada has NEVER been replaced, why? Because the copper coils in the engine arn't worked as much because the engine switches on and off during a cycle. Where as the ships at the shows blows engines all the time because the engine gets the ship upside down and pulls it back down. Sorry I forgot to say before, the ride's shell at canada isnt a pirate ship, it is a space ship. Here are some pictures that my uncle took last year: post-1145-1163941732_thumb.jpg And here is a picture I got off a website: post-1145-1163941832_thumb.jpg As you can see the setup is exactly the same.

Edited by mickey_079

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i did it :) went to Sunway Lagoon yesterday, entry was only about $15, bargain really to ride the pirate ship once more. Even though i was loathe to give any mroe money to Sunway, it had to be done ! The place was virtually empty as it was a Monday and I went on it probably around 25 times all day in between other rides, and I have the sore chest to prove it LOL It seems just the same though it nees a bit of a tuneup, the wheels screech everytime the ship hits them as they are either running too fast or too slow and it got annoying after a while, I went to guest services and told them to fix it, the guy I was talking to was only about 20 and I said i was riding this ship before you were born hahaha so who knows if they will listen, but from the few staff I talked to there Sunway are up to their old tricks and cutting back wherever possible to save a penny, Bounty's (sorry) 'Pirate's Revenge' doesn't even have its own sign, yet most other rides in the park have these huge entrances and the old pirate ship just has a crappy little sign .... I took probably 20+ pictures which I will post up in a few weeks when I get home. I didn't notice any other other Wonderland relics and I was looking everywhere for them... so there !

I couldn't remember for sure.. I thought it did it now and then but this happens EVERY single time it hits the wheels... maybe because there were hardly any people around making noise it was much more noticeable.. At Wonderland it was always busy and noisy most of the time so I guess that covered it to some extent. and 2 days later my chest still hurts LOL thats riding atht thing all day will do to ya ! those damn pull down harnesses just kill you...

Bounty's did make a noise everytime it hit the wheels but I wouldn't call it a screech, more of a soothing whirl, maybe I just got used to it after hours and hours of operation. The best noise from Bounty's is when the e-stop was hit, think of a car locking up it's breaks. "The Bus is now leaving for Screech Owl Creek, NSW"

Sounds like the PLC programming is not right and the wheels aren't matching the speed of the gondola so there is friction every time they connect.
yeah that's what I thought :) so djrappa any plans to go on the Grizzly at King's Dominion ? Hopefully I'll be over there next year sometime...

I've heard it's beyond crap and that coupled with the fact it holds no sentimental value to me whatsoever means that's probably a no. I will be in the US this year but only socal and vegas, possibly cedar point. On my top list of parks to visit are Dollywood and Holiday World so they will be my priority for now.

I've heard it's beyond crap and that coupled with the fact it holds no sentimental value to me whatsoever means that's probably a no. I will be in the US this year but only socal and vegas, possibly cedar point. On my top list of parks to visit are Dollywood and Holiday World so they will be my priority for now.
LOL I heard the same thing, it was voted one of the worst coasters in the US , I find that hilarious considering the Bush Beast was THE wooden coaster in Australia. Le Monster in La Ronde THATS a fun woodie :)

Ahh ol' Bounty's. Some weeks I hated getting stuck there, other weeks I loved it. I think back now, and I liked it. Doing up the seat belts when it went from a big ride to a small ride was probably the only real pain in the arse. Otherwise the old faithful customers did them all up like good patrons do. It NEVER screeched like that when I knew it.