Favourite Coaster?

Jack607

Yeah, Duelling Dragons (Ice) Has taken my top spot, followed by a whole bunch of B&Ms I have ridden (Cant remember the exact order, but SheiKra, Tatsu, Hulk and Kraken are definitely up there) with a couple of the Disney coasters mixed in too (DLs Space Mountain, California Screamin') SE is still up near the top of my rankings, but the reason it gets pushed back is the fact it is shorter than a lot of what I have ridden.

^ Nitro is really really solid. Have only had the one ride of it but it's definitely up there... STEEL #1 - Superman Ride of Steel (Six Flags New England version) Sheer Intamin goodness. Awesome layout - airtime, mist, tunnels, fun for the entire ride with no dull spots. The RoS at Darien Lake was my #1 but then I visited this park shortly after & this took the crown. I tell you what, if it had the pre-launch sequence from Escape, that would be the ultimate Superman coaster! p1064.jpgp1064.jpgp4565.jpgp1062.jpgp1065.jpg #2 - Behemoth (Canada's Wonderland) - smooth, wonderful drops, placement near the water. Here for it's sheer fun factor. #3 - Tatsu - My favourite flyer by far. Height, the ability to look straight ahead and not down at blurred ground/supports (Superman Ultimate Flight I'm looking in your direction) & the layout just gives it a genuine presence to the rider. I miss it and half my reasoning for my '09 SFMM visit will be to reride it again as many times as posssible (that and to do X2). #4 - Kingda Ka <-> Top Thrill Dragster - Still thinking about which I prefer. Both are a one-trick pony (and that one trick is pretty much the whole ride anyway) but offer short & intense fun. #5 - Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe) - Great layout & forceful. It's also a very visually-appealing coaster due to the excellent theming the park offers in general. My favourite floorless. Honourable mentions to Maverick, The Incredible Hulk, Duelling Dragons & Rock'n'Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. Obviously Superman Escape is my favourite Aussie coaster but not sure what I'd quite rate it on my overall. WOOD #1 Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce, US) - This woodie hauls major ass. Offering supreme airtime throughout the ENTIRE ride, terrain hugging track and a rocket ride through the trees, this is like Superman Escape Western-style! Night is awesome as you go through the dark tree tunnels. p10290.jpg #2 El Toro - Wow. The first day we rode this, it was running kind of disappointingly but then it WAS the morning on a cold day. Our return day was much hotter and it showed us her glory. Great drops, airtime and forces as well as some minor theming touches that added to the appeal. #3 Ravine Flyer II - Insane fun. Coaster bridges over the road, nice Lake Erie view, 90 degree turns and great airtime. Rode it during pounding rain which quickly became thunder and lightning (most relaxed ride ops ever!) Best time on a coaster I've EVER had. p21486.jpg #4 Kentucky Rumbler (Beech Bend) - heaps of fun! #5 The Voyage (Holiday World) - Great drops but doesn't just rely on those - great out & back woodie) or Honorable mentions to Knoebbel's Phoenix (surprising amount of airtime for a smaller woodie and tunnel is fun at the start at night) and Colossus at SFMM (my first ever woodie so will always have a special place in my heart) . MOST SCREWED UP COASTER award goes to - Time Warp (Canada's Wonderland) p9657.jpg The ride position is weird but also really uncomfortable - it IS fun how you have to run to catch your row and then jump up and climb because the thing never comes to a stop in the station. The fun then ends as you're in this weird cage thing (almost like a coaster Zipper haha) and set off on a layout of pain. WTF AWARD goes to X:\No Way Out at Thorpe Park. A backwards enclosed coaster with some weird computer virus-themed scenes that make no sense. Like, stopping at a point for a few seconds to watch some lights flash or some nonsensical animatronic. Hmm. A definite candidate for the no-doubt-inevitable Dreamworld's Big 7. Me doing the trademark expression: whatthetc4.jpg

Edited by Gold Coaster

^ I wouldn't wish Volares on my worst enemy. Was in pain from the moment the cage was locked in place and immediately started doing shooing gestures and mouthing 'RUN' to people I knew who were arriving in the line at the time. Then, I said to them 'Turn around and run as fast as you can' when back in the station. :P Horrible, horrible, horrible. You'd never complain about Lethal Weapon EVER again as that's like a week at a day spa in comparison. Missing most of those OTHER coasters badly. I'm doing an Orlando trip with a Pennsylvanian friend in May '09. That will coincide with my birthday on the 5th (so I will spend that day hitting some great coasters ... will have to ponder which to do). Consequently I'm hoping to have the opportunity to ride Terminator when doing that SFMM visit (the week before) & due to spending a week in NYC will aim at riding Cyclone again at least a few times. Looking forward to finally getting to do Expedition Everest this time as that was a steel shell last time I was there (February 2005). Superman Escape will NEVER lose its appeal to me & I'm glad it's only half an hour from where I live. I'm moving houses come November 8 and very tempted to find a place just up the road from Movie World so as to have the ability of getting a ride or two in on a near-daily basis :P

Edited by Gold Coaster