Adventure World

Jack607

Over in Perth there's a small theme park called "Adventure World." I'm sure it's been posted around here somewhere.. anyway, onto my discussion topic. Does anyone think it's sort of going downhill? I mean, they seem to be raking in fairly tame rides, and the only monsters they have are the Rampage, Turbo Mountain and Power-surge. I haven't been in 2 years I think, which is a surprise for me considering I am an enthusiast. I reckon they should get another beast, even a log flume will do. But I want them to stop with the boring kids rids and waterslides and bring in the bacon. A roller coaster seems far-off, why not a Top Scan? Guh, anyone agree?

Well yeah, it does seem that way doesn't it. I hope they will consider adding a new ride in 2007, as even with the powersurge, I wouldn't want to be visiting that place in a hurry. Does anybody know how much spare land they have around them there in Adventure World?
Not much, they scrapped the Toboggen for a "future ride" - but half of that hill area was taken up for the aqua racer, so I'm not sure. I'm trying to think of where they could put it.. hmm! Would need to be fairly compact - so yeah, a coaster would be ruled out.

The park from what I saw definately has potential... but its just a matter of them to stop adding little kiddie rides or carny like rides. I think they need a multi-million dollar expansion, only thing is... where to get the money from.
Well where-ever it is, it won't be from these stupid events they hold.

The park is not owned by Macquarie Leisure, it's locally owned. Considering the park is servicing the most remote city in the world, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything on the level of our Gold Coast parks. It's a small park and always will be; there simply isn't the population to support huge multi-million dollar attractions.

I'm sure this was discussed here somewhat recently. A company known as Omni Leisure managed the park from 1999. This company was 40% owned by LeisureWide Property Trust (later renamed to Macquarie Leisure Trust) and also operated attractions like Dreamworld and Antarctic Adventure. Mangement means they oversaw the operation of the park in exchange for a management fee that would most likely be performance-based. LeisureWide had an option to buy the park in their contract, however it was never exercised and the park was purchased by a WA local who lives near the park in 2000. In 2003 Macquarie Leisure Trust bought out the remaining 60% of Omni Leisure, renaming it to Macquarie Leisure Operations and forming the Macquarie Leisure Trust Group, the combination of both the ownership and investment company (MLT) and the operation company (MLO) which leases the properties from MLT. Neither Omni Leisure/Macquarie Leisure Operations nor LeisureWide/Macquarie Leisure Trust have ever owned Adventure World. Macquarie Leisure Operations still manage and operate the park but don't have any ownership of the park and aren't responsible for capital expenditure.

Just went there today for the for the first time in a couple of years. Only reason I went because I went with work for a social function. Once again I found that the lines for the slides were a lot bigger than the lines for the Rampage or Power Surge. And I do agree that their web site heavily markets their events. Have been to one of these Licensed Pool Partys and found it a different night. There is a lot of space in the park available for use especially because they ripped out the two dualling tobogans and the skyrail for some own known to me reason. For a coaster to be installed here it would require a custom build or major earthworks. I cant see that happening.

Just went there today for the for the first time in a couple of years. Only reason I went because I went with work for a social function. Once again I found that the lines for the slides were a lot bigger than the lines for the Rampage or Power Surge. And I do agree that their web site heavily markets their events. Have been to one of these Licensed Pool Partys and found it a different night. There is a lot of space in the park available for use especially because they ripped out the two dualling tobogans and the skyrail for some own known to me reason. For a coaster to be installed here it would require a custom build or major earthworks. I cant see that happening.
The reason for the slide lines being bigger then the flat ride lines is because Rampage and Power-surge have a large capacity, so it's expected that slides have a longer wait, but I could be wrong. Where the ripped out toboggan is, I think we can expect a log flume, if not... uhh... who knows. Something cheap, probably.

• 2 years later...