www advertising

Sunny

I agree that it seems a little late but I have a bit of a theory. So much of the WhiteWater World press/print/online marketing up until this point has used generic archive photos. This is obviously because the park is still under construction. What you end up with is a bunch of cheesey pictures of American looking families and average looking waterslides. It doesn't truly represent WWW. Now that the park is almost complete I assume they will be able to get in there and get actual photos and footage of their own rides in action. Apparantley someone saw a film crew in there the other day. So I wouldn't be surprised if they start pumping out the ads anytime over the next 2 or 3 weeks. They can put it all together in post production pretty quickly if they have to. I think the end result will be much better as WWW's attractions are so distinctive with their signature colours and designs

I completely agree GoGoBoy. Advertising these 2nd rate slides as part of WWW's line up is a complete injustice to the new technology used there. There will definately be ads in the next 2 weeks, probably about 1 week before opening. I'd say it would link together with a Dreamworld commercial eg. DREAMWORLD SO MANY WORLDS IN ONE.. AND OPENING DECEMBER 8 WHITEWATER WORLD A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF WATER POWERED WOW!

Edited by myk

Maybe they are in the process of taking pictures and filming slides GoGoboy IMO I think the adds will start one week before opening and constantly playing on tv's to the extent it starts getting annoying. By the way Gogoboy i edited the post because I felt stupid. lol.

Edited by aidan

Sorry GoGo... didnt really read your post, I do appologise, but there is not need to get angry (not saying you are but you know how some people can be on here). Might I add to as GoGo boy said about the film crew, I think you may be right because the new WWW staff were working on the towers and in the pools the other day to.

Edited by mickey_079

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have found a bit of the WWW theme song. If you click on the interactive map on the official website and roll your mouse over the WWW entry building you used to hear the DW theme tune. This has now been modified with a new jingle which sounds to be specifically for WWW. I have to say it is quite catchy. This hopefully means the commerical isn't too far away

Edited by GoGoBoy

I found a site which looks to be using some of the official WWW photographs. Have a look at http://www.queensland-holidays.com.au/whit...-world_home.cfm This site actually looks more appealing visually than the official WWW website in my opinion. The sooner they incorporate these new images (using the ACTUAL rides at WWW and not just stock photos) into the official site the better!

Just heard from my contact that they are holding a staff session tomorrow night (think someone else mentioned this on here already). This will be followed by a media day on Tuesday and night time official launch. Grant Denyer from Sunrise should be up to do some spots on Wednesday morning and Triple M Cage on Friday. The commercials will also apparantley start on Friday. It's good to see the marketing finally being kicked into gear, and not a moment too soon

Yeah it's good to see that they have done this although I think they still need to do some more work on the site to incorporate it all together with the new images. On some of the other pages they are still using the old graphic header with the old crappy stock images too. I don't understand why there are no photos of the Super Tubes Hydrocoaster considering it is the best attraction there?! I also noticed that in the pics the water curtain on the RIP and the 3 waterfalls on the Cave of Waves don't appear to be working