New for 2007!

Jack607

Information taken from coasterforce.com, re-written by Jack607 Check out these rides opening next year at various theme parks across the world:

post-1-1164197852.jpg One of the most anticipated coasters of 2007 is Cedar Point's Maverick, an Intamin coaster with a 400ft long tunnel and 8 airtime hills - like someone quoted, it sounds like sex in roller coaster form! post-1-1164197860.jpg Down at Dollywood in USA, we'll see a very well themed Mine ride complete with a 90° drop. post-1-1164197869.jpg Complete with a 130ft drop, this will become the world's 4th B&M Dive Machine located in Busch Gardens in Europe. From the picture provided, it looks sort of like "Sheikra" with a paintjob, however I haven't heard any news of a second 90° drop. post-1-1164197878.jpg 0-83.9 mph in 3.5 seconds with not only an in-line twist, but a.... ok, I won't go with the lame joke (hehe) - but there's an unusual seating position - new revolution for Intamin launch coasters? Hmm... Some other coasters opening up are "Crush's Coaster" in DL Paris, a Vekoma boomerang which will be placed in Pleasureisland in the UK and to top it off, a new coaster for Blackpool Pleasure beach. The full list can be found here.

Moderator Note: Please don't leech images stored on another site. If you want to show images in a post make sure you use either the attachment system here (available when you make a new post or topic), or an image hosting service like Photobucket.

Edited by Richard

A dive machine or the mystery mine train of course, those ride systems just scream the Matrix to me :P See, this is what I mean about people thinking of random ride systems paired up with a movie theme. Everybody seems to forget that at MW the ride system tends to be based very closely around the theme, think about how SDSCs vehicles are the same as the ones in the ghost train scene from the movie, or how on SE they have made an attempt to theme the vehicles like MRT trains, and have added the superman on the back which ties the story together well.

I somewhat agree with that Gazza, but this does not account for Wild West Falls, Lethal Weapon.
Yes, LW is a bit of an odd match, but they did paint the trains in American police car colours, and the German version of this ride used realistic vehicles. But here they did make an attempt to tie the ride system in with the theme. As for WWF, well as the name suggests the ride involves (Water)Falls so a rickety boat is a good choice. Still, if you wanted to do a Matrix ride i think a flying coaster is the logical choice given all the flying Neo did in the films, call it something like The Matrix: Flight of Neo. IMO it would be stupid if they just did some black and green coaster with the only theming being those scrolling green characters projected on the walls etc, its just uncreative IMO.

Yes, LW is a bit of an odd match, but they did paint the trains in American police car colours, and the German version of this ride used realistic vehicles. But here they did make an attempt to tie the ride system in with the theme. As for WWF, well as the name suggests the ride involves (Water)Falls so a rickety boat is a good choice. Still, if you wanted to do a Matrix ride i think a flying coaster is the logical choice given all the flying Neo did in the films, call it something like The Matrix: Flight of Neo. IMO it would be stupid if they just did some black and green coaster with the only theming being those scrolling green characters projected on the walls etc, its just uncreative IMO.
I'd prefer a launcher for Matrix, flying is a little too... I dunno. I wouldn't like a flying coaster for the Matrix. In other news, pretty sure this topic is about new coasters for 2007, not ride suggestions for MW. Just thought you'd like to know.

Yeah I suppose - what I was trying to point out about WWF is that there is no "falls" in the movie Wild Wild West. Maverick looks extremely awesome. I am so going to Cedar Point before I die.
It does! I only heard about it a couple of weeks ago, but it's really turning into something big. Cedar Point impresses me with the hype their coasters get. I only wish they'd be more versatile with their coaster choices... 3 coasters with the same track?? (TTD, MF and Mav) I'd like to see another B&M... or something record breaking. Maybe a Multi-dimension coaster?? Hmm... but yeah. Looks hot!

I'd prefer a launcher for Matrix, flying is a little too... I dunno. I wouldn't like a flying coaster for the Matrix.
I'm sure I read somewhere that Vekoma's Flying Dutchman now can incorporate a launch... Problem being that they aren't terribly popular and that Vekoma is Vekoma... I'd love to see a decent B&M Flyer. Do B&M do launches are are they just not their thing?

I'd really love to see a "Mystery Mine" type coaster next to or in the area of Wild West Falls. The past verticle drops would scare the crap out of me!! The ride itself could be themed to an abandoned mine (like the one in Dollywood) and you could have a dark ride section like scooby-doo before the major rollercoaster bit. This could be one possible attraction for movieworld. I could also see a Screamin' Swing fit into that part as well. It could be called: The Eagle and have it themed to the old west. I don't know about you guys but I would love any of those coasters down in Australia. CoasterBoy8 P.S: I'm really Coaster Boy 6, but I've been really busy laterly and I have seemed to have mis-placed me password. I tried to retreive it but it didn't work. So I decided to make a new user, just two numbers higher than the last one.

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

I only wish they'd be more versatile with their coaster choices... 3 coasters with the same track?? (TTD, MF and Mav)
Dont forget Wicked Twister :P But, this is the first complaint i have heard about the variety in track profiles at a a park. They are all very different coasters and they are all by the same manufacturer so thats all there is to it really, and the fact for each of these applications Intamin was the only choice . I think it reflects well on Intamin to have been contracted so many times. But while we are at it, SFMM has 6 coasters with the box section track profile (eg, the one used by B&M and Giovinola), but again, very different rides. But out of interest, are you a fan of RCT :P Edited by Gazza

I don't think most people care, though strangely enough, when Cyclone opened I seem to recall a few people saying it was exactly the same as Corkscrew (due to the track style) and gave it very little credit. So as petty as it sounds, I think there is some merit in making sure that there are a few different track styles. Having said that though, Cedar Point has 16 coasters, and when there's that many, you don't notice these things :)

Dont forget Wicked Twister :P But, this is the first complaint i have heard about the variety in track profiles at a a park. They are all very different coasters and they are all by the same manufacturer so thats all there is to it really, and the fact for each of these applications Intamin was the only choice . I think it reflects well on Intamin to have been contracted so many times. But while we are at it, SFMM has 6 coasters with the box section track profile, but again, very different rides. But out of interest, are you a fan of RCT :P
I love the box track, it's my favourite pastime. But still, IMO the number of Intamin rides sticks out far more then SFMM, which is why I think they should go with something a little different next time. I am a fan of the game, I love it, it's my favourite pastime.