Low Peak periods for themeparks in Gold Coast

velo

Hey welcome aboard! Most Gold Coast Theme Parks handle their crowds quite well but the worse time of the year to avoid crowds is from Boxing day till about the 20th of January. Other times to give a miss are over the Easter period and the week following Easter Monday, from the last week of June to the first week of July and the last week of September to the 1st week of October. All other times are the low season but bare in mind, DW & WNW have so many Annual pass holders nowadays that attendances can swell on any given weekend. Best bet there is to go on week days (unless you want to go to WNW at night, which happens most weekends over summer) Try weekends for every other Park - there is some kind of reverse phsycology going on with a lot of pp visiting MW & SW that think weekends are the busiest. Mind you, with the recent BIG push on annual pass sales for these parks as well, it's HIGHLY possible you will find them just as packed on weekends too!! Hope that helps? Have a great time anyway, I'm sure you will!!

Feb is definitely a good month, being around the time when my birthday is! :P My birthday also happens to fall on a certain day in February, I won't state it here but you can all guess easily... :P At the start of the year a few of my friends and myself decided on the spur of the moment to drive up to the Coomera area and visit WnW, although it had something to do with the opening of Mach V. We went on a Saturday, it was fairly crowded, and it was holiday time. We stayed for the first half of the Dive-in-Movies. We got about 5 consecutive rides on Mammoth Falls, but unfortunately they closed it, reason being we were the only people riding it I'm guessing... Anyway, definitely go on a Saturday over a Sunday. Can't you get in for a discounted price if you arrive after 1pm or something? Just stay for the movies, hardly any queues! If you can go on a weekday, that might be better, but with school groups etc the end of the year isn't a good time...

Feb is a great time to go and I think the first week of June is too..wnw wasn't that busy when we went on the saturday and either was dw or mw but it might change with all the specials on the annual passes they've had...some friends of mine rarely visit wnw or mw but just got a annual pass because they were cheap.

Can't you get in for a discounted price if you arrive after 1pm or something?
I believe it's after 5pm.

Hey guys, as above. Anyone has any idea when is the low peak periods, where theres the least people going to the themeparks? And where can i buy tickets cheap, other than at the official ticketing site... Thanks, cant wait to visit Dreamworld (i'm not from Australia btw) :D
Hey dude... thought I would give ya my oppinion...... I know what your going through cause my family is currently trying to plan a trip to Disney World in Florida! My times NOT TO GO are school holidays in Australia... i.e. from about the start of December through to about the start of March for all Gold Coast themeparks. If it came down to which day to go on out of school holidays..... make it a weekday as all kids are at school and it is rarely busy. I went to MW a couple of weeks ago with some mates on a Monday and we basically walked on to every ride. I think the longest we waited was about 10min for the Superman Escape. Weekends are generally quite busy too.... so I only ever go to the parks on a weekday. Hope that helped!

Hey dude... thought I would give ya my oppinion...... I know what your going through cause my family is currently trying to plan a trip to Disney World in Florida! My times NOT TO GO are school holidays in Australia... i.e. from about the start of December through to about the start of March for all Gold Coast themeparks. If it came down to which day to go on out of school holidays..... make it a weekday as all kids are at school and it is rarely busy. I went to MW a couple of weeks ago with some mates on a Monday and we basically walked on to every ride. I think the longest we waited was about 10min for the Superman Escape. Weekends are generally quite busy too.... so I only ever go to the parks on a weekday. Hope that helped!
Anytime in February is a good time. I always go to the Gold Coast in the 1st week or the 2nd week of Feb and have never had a problem with crowds. I always stay Thursday-Sunday. The weekend crowds are not usually packed.

Anytime in February is a good time. I always go to the Gold Coast in the 1st week or the 2nd week of Feb and have never had a problem with crowds. I always stay Thursday-Sunday. The weekend crowds are not usually packed.
Hmmmm true.... I think the public schools go back at the start of Feb.... private maybe a couple of weeks later. Uni students start at the end of March. Also dont go to DreamWorld when 'The Wiggles' just happen to be doing a 1 year anniversery...... which is what me and a friend did and the parked was packed full or little whinging kids! ;) Edited by Harrop

Hmmmm true.... I think the public schools go back at the start of Feb.... private maybe a couple of weeks later. Uni students start at the end of March. Also dont go to DreamWorld when 'The Wiggles' just happen to be doing a 1 year anniversery...... which is what me and a friend did and the parked was packed full or little whinging kids! ;)
Now that would have been a pain in the a*se.

I 2nd that, February/March was always the quietest time of the year for Seaworld so I imagine it wouldnt be that much different at the other parks...

• 15 years later...
9 hours ago, Enid said:

We are going up 10th feb.  Wondering if weekend is still busy in this time or should we wait mid week?

I would say not as school holidays would be just starting. Also unfortunately Superman, Doomsday and Batwing will be closed for maintenance then but you can still go on DC/Scooby/GL and all other rides.