Batwing Spaceshot on OS

dreamworld_rulz

The latest most exciting thrill ride to hit Australia is coming soon! Just when you thought Warner Bros. Movie World couldn't offer you any more action - out of the darkness comes an unprecedented thrill ride never before seen in Australia. Get ready to go Ballistic with an extreme adrenin rush that will leave you a Bit Batty! The awesome new Batwing Spaceshot is a rapid 4.5G vertical launch up a 60 metre tower, followed by a drop into a breathtaking negative descent - beyond freefall! This radical new ride will launch December, 2006, only at Warner Bros. Movie World.

Still seems like a bit of a tight timeframe although I know the tower structure is pretty much up. Who else thinks it is going to be a bit of a rush job similar to Superman Escape or Extreme H20 Zone? Let's hope the theming quality doesn't suffer as it did with those 2 attractions

Edited by GoGoBoy

Hard to tell - I'm hoping it'll be done properly. When the Looney Tunes Village Kiddie area was originally built, it pretty much went up over night and still looked good. As with that area, I hope much of the work has been planned off site so it can be just installed with the usual landscaping. I hear things are moving VERY quickly now so we should see some decent progress leading up to opening day. Does anyone have any new pics?

Nar, I don't think Movieworld will cut corners on this. But it is hard to tell, cause the last time WVTP's opened up a new area or ride, they did the themeing after the opening (E.G: Opening of H2O Zone). If what Ian is saying is true, than things seem to be moving along very very fast! I really want to see what type of themeing and landscaping they are going to use for this ride!? Coaster Boy 6

I was thinking the same thing earlier in the year but the structure has gone up so damn quickly; I don't think time is an issue anymore. Structurally, most of the ride is complete. It's only a matter of finishing the rest of the ride system (the launch components and electronics), but they can be installed simultaneously with the theming. This timeframe gives them a whole month to fabricate and fit the theming. Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Superman's theming? I guess I've been spending too much time at Dreamworld. :D

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Superman's theming? I guess I've been spending too much time at Dreamworld. :D
I thought Superman was thememed brilliantly - name one ofther roller-coaster in our country that has even attempted a 'Dark ride' beggining like Superman has done. Besides i would rather see more rides built with less detailed thememing, then one ride every 3 years with the most elabroarte and expensive themeing. Edited by Adam

Was there today. Looks awesome. Took a look down from the top of Superman and saw the carriage is grey, with yellow harnesses on the black tower. It looks to have an entrance to the right of the Batman simulator ride. Theres also a small building to the right of the tower which has a large spotlight on top