WWW Lifeguards

Hugh_gazzz

I read this today on WWW website about the lifeguards WhiteWater World Lifeguards Make History WhiteWater World has entered into a unique partnership with the Royal Lifesaving Society to produce a brand new, water park specific Lifeguard Qualification - an Australian first! 40 Lifeguards and 40 Slide Operators have been appointed from hundreds of applicants and are in the midst of an intensive training program to ensure WhiteWater World is one of the safest water parks on earth. This weekend, training will move to WhiteWater World as Dreamworld officially takes over the site just less than two weeks from opening.

Finally a qualification that is appropriate to water parks. When I was at Wonderland I had to go through the Bronze Medallion qualification which was absurd as part of it is a 400m swim. It was absurd considering Wonderlands main pool was was only 1.2m deep, so you could walk across it. "The Bus is now leaving for Rosebud Lifesaving Club, Victoria"

From what I hear you have to have your bronze and be 18 to be a lifeguard at WnW.
Yeah that would be correct. At the moment there is only one lifeguard quailification available and that is the bronze medallion plus first aid plus oxy-viva. This allows you to work at any pool or swim centre, if you want to work as a surf lifesaver (lifesaver at a beach) that is another qualification again. "The Bus is now leaving for Tobin Bronze Well, Western Australia"