New Media Policy

Gold Coaster

Under Dreamworld's new media policy, theme park websites such as this one, Dreamnova etc will NOT be invited to media events. The reason for this is that they no longer see any benefit in having us along. I for one find this puzzling being that they are launching WhiteWater World, the show Nightmares etc in a bid to take on Warner Village Theme Parks in a bigger and bigger way yet they're not going to allow websites which have international exposure to both the casual parkgoer and enthusiasts who discuss the finer details of how rides function to have access to these events/privileges. It's a kick in the teeth to every site out there as well as people in this community who take an interest in the latest developments. But, I suppose, if they put sites in a position where they will be biased in WVTP's favour, then that's what they're going to have to deal with.

Edited by Tony Teulan

This latest blow is absolute garbage, They all obviously don't know what they are doing, either that or PR down there is under new management. And saying that these sites have no benefit to them, they are obviously stupid. Sure we may not be the biggest form of advertising, we still give them free publicity, and after all these sites have done for them, to have it all smacked back in our faces is a disgrace. I Really hope they know that what they are doing is wrong. Well... All I have to say about this now is, ALL HAIL WVTP!!! As Dreamworld no longer wants free publicity, they won't get any, Warner Viliage will surley come out on top. And all these people that think i'm a dreamworld fanboy, Guess again, I havn't been one since I moved up here as Movie World, Sea World and Wet N Wild are far more superior in rides, staff, and general apearance. There are a select few people at Dreamworld that make all my visits a pleasure, but in General, My vote would have to go to WVTP. I Really hope that Dreamworld changes there mind on this policy as it is absolute crap! This is just disgusting.

If it wern't for these type of sites i wouldn't know about what comming and going. Also as someone has mentioned b4. The School holidays start in a couple off weeks and ppl are going to turn up and be shocked coz there's a new theme park. Their gonna say "wow how am i going to fit that into my schedule"? DW got no idea what they are going to miss out on.

I completely disagree with DWs actions in this case. However, i think their reasoning is the fact coaster websites dont have nearly the same impact as the other forms of more wide audience media that are invited to media launches. While a report in a newspaper could get quite a few new customers in, a coaster site review wont really help given the fact the parks actions are often known about months in advance, and the readers of these sites would visit regardless. You could also consider the fact that coaster sites will report no matter what (often out of their own pocket), and hence there is no need to invite them specifically. Still, i think its mean spirited on DWs part, they are blocking out their special interest group, and even if they arent some lucrative market coaster site owners should still get an invite out of goodwill given the fact that readers of these sites are keen to get a first look at their latest attractions. Think about it in terms of say cars, or maybe computer games. Both these industries have trade events, media previews, and of course associated media outlets and websites (Think Wheels magazine, or gamespot.com respectivley), now while these are both niche markets, it would be unthinkable for Wheels magazine to be barred from the Motor Show or gamespot.com being denied media access to E3. I feel its a similar situation here, hopefully commonsense will prevail.