Misbehaving on the slides

myk

lol. Does anyone else just do random stuff like go down with 6 people on the flimes, or knee down the Super 8? I think it's hilarious and they don't even care. We jumped out of the sidewinder yesterday and some guy came roaring out of the Terror Canyon backwards. haha.

I don't misbehave overly at themeparks, mind you, damn it's fun standing up on MF, especially after dark... I've seen so many people come out of terror canyon without a tube... The next group comes down with three! Dry parks not so much, just the usual everday stuff that you see people doing I guess...

OK guys, here's the long and short of it. If you do misbehave on rides, wet or dry, one of three things will happen: 1. You'll get away with it, nothing will happen. If you happen to achieve this result, then thank you're lucky stars that your able to tell your friends about your idiotic behavior. 2. You will be caught, and evicted from the park, without refund. 3. You will be injured, and possibly killed as a result of acting like an idiot. One such story is easily found on Ride Accidents, and should serve as a reminder of the dangers of breaking park rules:

Monday, June 2, 1997 - A 17-year-old girl was killed and 32 teenagers were injured when a water slide collapsed at Waterworld USA park in Concord, California. A group of high school seniors celebrating their graduation ignored a lifeguard's warning and rushed past him in an attempt to slide down the ride all together. The combined weight of the students exceeded the original design load by 4 times, and a section of the ride, a Banzai Pipeline water slide, collapsed. Some riders fell from heights of 30 feet. The students admitted that they were trying to break the school record for the largest number of students riding the slide at one time.
I recommend that site for anyone who is thinking about breaking park rules. More quick highlights reveal:
Sunday, May 26, 1985 - In an accident at Astroland Amusement Park at Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York, a 29-year-old man was killed while riding the Cyclone roller coaster. He stood up and struck his head on a crossbeam.
New Jersey teenager killed after ride at closed park (Saturday, July 25, 1998) - A teenager suffered fatal injuries after he entered a closed amusement park to ride down a slide. The 19-year-old victim suffered a lacerated liver and ultimately bled to death. The incident happened at Florida Amusements in Asbury Park, New Jersey, a temporary park built for the summer season. The victim told rescue workers that his stomach hit a metal chain which was anchored across the slide on his way down.
Saturday, February 22, 1997 - In Las Vegas, Nevada, a 3-year-old girl suffered fatal head injuries after she fell from her car on a fixed-site Sizzler ride. The girl, who was standing up while the ride was in operation, fell underneath her car. She was dragged by the ride along the ground for 3/4 of a revolution. The victim was riding with an older girl at the time of the accident. The ride operator had warned the girl not to stand up. The lap bar was engaged, however it was designed to restrain only the larger passenger.
We here at roller-coaster.com.au take violating park rules seriously, and in no way encourage others to break the rules, they are there for your safety after all. This one isn't up for debate, breaking rules and misbehaving is simply not on. Closed. Edited by joz