Whitewater World Trip Report

mattcrombie

Well today I went to White Water World, the first day open to the public. I walked up to the gates where there wasn't as many people as i thought there would be. We hired a locker and started with the Hydro coaster. This ride is awesome. It seats 3 or 2 and starts is a lot of fun. The magnets push you really fast towards the top of the slope and you get a face full of water. Its just amazing watching it, and seeing peoples faces think...how does this work? We only waited about 15 mins. The Green Room was next, it was awesome. It has a longer ride at the start than the tornado and its so bright. We got on it in about 5 mins. I couldn't believe there was hardly any people in the park. I got numbers of 1200 roughly. And everything was not packed at all, we didn't have to line up for anything apart from the hydro in the morning. We then went to The Bro. This is very cool, the slide tunnels look so thin, if you were a large or fat person, it could create a problem. You pick up a lot of speed in the enclosed part then going down the humps i got so much air i whacked my head, but was fine. There heaps fun. Anyone going on them, should ride on the 2 outside lanes, there the longer ones and you end up in the middle. The Rip is very cool, we did that after the bro, its pitch black and when you get in the bowl its wicked, water spraying everywhere and just go around twice then you drop down the slide. A Proslide staff member was walking around taking photos too, i seen him a bit. I guess its for there files and maybe to post on there site. We then went to the Temple of Huey. These slides are average, you can choose to go single or double. I went singled most of the time. They take your photo on most of the rides and give you a arm band with a sticker on it, so u can purchase it at the store. The Nickalodeon Play area is awesome, i means its not just for kids, adults can go on it too. Its massive, you need to see it to see how big it is. Its full of interactive water gadgets and buttons and buckets and nets and slides, its so fun, it beats wnw's kids area. The caves of waves was good, its not very deep, but its large and lagoon style. Also the tubes are free and you can go to the wall too with them. The waves start with the sound of Huey moaning or making some blow horn sound, its pretty cool. Lots of Filming going on, with the making of the new commercial and also nicklodeon reporters and show host. The theming was done well, major colors everywhere, with loads of chairs and sitting areas with grassed areas too. We had basically finished around 2:30, but stayed till 3:30. In the end a Great day out, this park will do very well, people will go here just for the rides and there technology. Cant wait to see what they add in the future. Videos:

Whoa!! Looks like everybody's having a great time. It certinaly looks very original with the new rides and all the themeing. And usually people think that places with bright "happy" colours are more inviting than dark coloured objects. Anyway, I really want to go! But I have to wait until next year <_< ! Just a Question: Can you do WWW In one day? CoasterBoy6

Yeah totally allowed! its so Large i think thats why. Although there were 2 small slides they didnt alow us on cause they were quiet small. I went on them before they told me. There is water getting dropped and squirted from everywhere, no matter where u go, its awesome. I would hate to be a staff working on it, they have to wear rain coats, but you can imagine people still wetting them.

Oh yeah, You apprently get up to speeds of 60kph on the Bro. I swear i was going so fast and when you exit out from the tunnels those humps generate so much air, the last one your flying, I would launch up just like that photo and then slam down on the slide, i whacked my head once. Important notice: Keep your elbows and knee's on and in the matt the whole time. And to go faster lift the matt at the front up more, you will speed up.

dsc06278syr3.th.jpg dsc06285shh4.th.jpg dsc06292szx2.th.jpg dsc06286snp9.th.jpg dsc06293spa9.th.jpg dsc06294dny6.th.jpg dsc06296dvh7.th.jpg dsc06305suf6.th.jpg dsc06306swn0.th.jpg dsc06274sjl3.th.jpg dsc06288syt0.th.jpg Here are some Photos from Opening day the 8th. As you can see there was hardly anyone there. I didnt go to take photos of all the rides, more of a fun day with friends. So there just average. Sorry all of them didnt come up with a thumbnail. Dont know what happened, they all work though. dsc06307sjj1.th.jpg dsc06243scw9.th.jpg dsc06251sjy6.th.jpg dsc06252sag3.th.jpg dsc06256suc7.th.jpg dsc06257suj1.th.jpg dsc06261suj4.th.jpg dsc06258spg4.th.jpg dsc06266sqr6.th.jpg dsc06268slr0.th.jpg dsc06269sox9.th.jpg dsc06271stv1.th.jpg dsc06272dcm9.th.jpg dsc06275siq6.th.jpg dsc06276djk0.th.jpg

I also went to WWW on the opening day. I did every ride once (except for the kiddie rides) and the Green Room and Hydrocoaster an extra time, and I did it from opening to midday. So yeah, it can be done in one day (I did it and Dreamworld in one day). On to my thoughts: Overall: Park design is a little inconvenient.... getting to the Temple of Huey (worlds worst name for a 3 slide tubing tower) required going around the back of the park... I hope this is fixed soon because the park map shows there to be a path under the Dreamworld Cyclone that isn't there yet. However the staff are friendly, the slides are fun! Its a small park but its good! RIDES Temple of Huey: ****ty name, but the three tube slides are nice and energetic for such small sides. Good for warm up rides, and the fact it intertwines with the Cyclone provides nice headchoppers on the Cyclone as well as a good view for Huey riders. The Rip: Proslide Behemoth Bowl. Its a fun slide that gets you soaked, but I expected the bowl element to be a bit more intense... maybe a smaller bowl would have been better? In short, a good slide whose bark is worse than its bite. BRO-Blue Ringed Octopus Racer: 8 lane racing slide. Its better than Wet-n-Wild's Super 8 Aqua Racer. Not only does it have the cool helix bit, but it also has a smoother landing at the bottom than Super 8. Cool airtime off the drops. I got a pleasant surprise! The Cave of Waves-Wave Pool. Kitsch facade and small waves but this is for the kiddies and families, not thrillseekers. Relaxing though. The Green Room-Proslide Tornado. Very Thrilling. First time I went on it, I went backwards down the (big) drop! A Proslide photographer was there, he said he was amazed how high I went up the side. Short, but very sweet. I can see why these things are popular. I wish that they didnt put in so much extra water near the bottom of the barrel.. it slows you down too much. Super Tubes Hydrocoaster: Best ride in the park. The LIM uphill sections are pretty smooth and the drops are great fun. Some minor airtime too! Helix a little slow but this slide is awesome.

matt that was a brilliant photo update you put together. You covered everything in awesome detail, thanks. Also thanks to studiodekadent for the trip review. I am really impressed with the finished result and presentation of this park. Some of the theming and colour schemes that I originally thought were questionable have turned out brilliantly. The signage is great and exactly what I was hoping for. It all really adds to the atmosphere and makes it a true water theme park. This is something Wet 'n' Wild appears to have forgotten about lately. Let's hope WhiteWater World keeps this level of theming/landscaping/presentation up when the park inevitably expands

Overall: Park design is a little inconvenient.... getting to the Temple of Huey (worlds worst name for a 3 slide tubing tower) required going around the back of the park... I hope this is fixed soon because the park map shows there to be a path under the Dreamworld Cyclone that isn't there yet.
Actually the path is there. You have to go past the toilet block, and it goes under the Cyclon just after the loop. The Cyclone is so close at this point, and you get a good view of the photosection.

Great pics Matt!!! They really show what the whole park is like. Anyway, I hope they extend this park but it will only happen if they get more people into their park. We will just have to wait and see. And all these reviews and pics are making me feel sooooooo crap that I have to wait until next year, in SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::( CoasterBoy6