Thunderbolt has been sold!

Shaun

Here is an email that I have just recived from Dreamworld after trying to score myself some free bits. :D

Hi Shaun   Thanks for your query.   Unfortunatley, we are selling the Thunderbolt, so there will not be any left over parts to give out!   Hope to see you here soon! Regards Davina Mitchell Marketing/Research Co-ordinator Dreamworld
I feel so important, finnaly I have a scoop on something :) So who would of they sold it too? or more the question who would want to buy it? Shaun

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the ride would be greatly suited at any smaller park, with a bit of TLC. I'd imagine the ride sold for a pretty low amount. A bit of steel work where necessary, and of course a mega paint job, and you've got a ride that at least looks new. Give the trains some serious altering, and you'll have a ride that could pass off as not being too uncomfortable. I'm seriously interested in where this ride's going. So long as it remains in this country, I'm happy. Of course, if it stays in SE Queensland, I'll be even happier. I know if I were a small park owner, or even had the money just lying around, the ride would be mine in a flash... no matter how rough or painful it is/was. :)

Well honestly if Wonderland is indeed getting a new coaster I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is The Bolt. Apart from Space Probe they really haven't added any NEW rides have they since day one?? Deamon, Fred Flinstone etc. have all been refurbs so given their usual cheapness lets just hope they don't go that way again!

And as cheap as those owners were at least they did add something! These owners haven't added anything. As much as many praise them for how 'clean' the park may be simple fact is IMO the park is nowhere near the standard it once was. Closing one area of the park and relocated the rides to other parts and attempting to pass them off as new attractions to the GP frankly is CHEAP. They have attempted to put on shows, however they have always been second rate and half done...CHEAP. They put on the magic and illusion show and instead of coming up with a proper venue they throw a tent on the old HBB theatre...CHEAP Before they closed Little Wonders they proceeded to remove rides and yet keep the area open, that way they don't have to list them out front as not operating...CHEAP And finaly since the closure of HBB land the admission price has remained the same despite only having 2/3 of the park now...CHEAP You may not agree, however I feel I am entitled to my views as I have justified them here. As for Thunderbolt, I totaly agree with you that it would be absurd, yet knowing Wonderland I just wouldn't be surprised if it did turn up. Think about it, a new colour a new name and billing as "Largest dual loops in the Southern Hemisphere" a vast proportion of the GP would have no idea.

Feel free to start a thread about this aspect of Wonderland in the appropriate forum. I'd be more than happy to discuss it there. And you'd be surprised at how many people were well aware that Cyclone was from Luna Park. It doesn't take more than an article in the paper or a five second story on the news to really get word out. And I guarantee that you'll see something about Thunderbolt on the news in coming months.

I worte back asking who they sold it too but as I expected no reply yet... Is any one game enough to have a guess at how much it was sold for? I'll say 300 - 400K, really i have no idea but it is gunna cost a bit to dismantel, rebuild and construct it again. Shaun

A friend of mine has buisness dealings with the park as he is a sales rep for a company that DW deals with. And he new that the park had sold the ride before I told him. When I asked him how he knew, he told me that the park had told him on his last visit and that the ride was sold to, and I quote " That Sydney park...Wondertown." He is not a theme park fan and when I corrected him and said Wonderland he said " That's It." This is coming from someone who I trust so I have no reason to doubt him with this info. He did say that what the park is getting to replace it will make me very happy indeed. Can't wait for it at all.