Thunderbolt has been sold!

Shaun

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's truly one of the oddest things I've ever heard anyone say here. :)   Thunderbolt's trains are by far the worst I've ever been in. The padding might be softer, but because it's softer, it's also worn down to nothing in the places it touches you. The thing with Thunderbolt's restraints is they have a lower axis point. Rather than locking you in from the front of the upper chest, they lock you from the points on the shoulders. The taller you are, the higher your "lock-in" point is on your shoulders (shorter people are locked in from the front of the shoulders, and as you get taller, this point gets pushed back towards the back of the shoulders), which means the taller you are, the tighter you'll be locked in to be safe, which means pain when it comes to the roughness.   You said that you find Cyclone's press down on your collar bone. That's odd - with Cyclone's restraints, they're designed to be restraining you without pressing down at all. Next time you ride, instead of jamming it down as far as you can, try leaving it "just comfortably down". I'm not by any means saying do anything stupid, I'm just saying use them how they were designed to get the best ride possible. Where Thunderbolt's restraints NEED to be pressing hard on you for you to be properly locked in, Cyclone's are designed to lock you in to be secure and still give you a bit of freedom.   I must say, it probably is just you - I'm 183cm, and as I've said, I find it to be essentially the same. I suppose different people are accustomed to different things.   As for good restraints, you can't go wrong with B&M restraints and seats. I've never "used" one of their lapbars (which are said to be the best), but their OTSR are great - they're not terribly soft (quite hard), but they don't at all press awkwardly on your body at all, leaving you quite free while secure. The only problems I had were at the Six Flags, and it's not to do with B&M, just that the average SF park-goer perhaps doesn't have the same cleanliness and hygiene as over here. Combine that with probably minimal cleaning, and you've got a nice slimey, greasy restraint. :)
When i pull down the restant i never pull it down all the way, I allways have a bit of movement in there. I just dont have the "collar bone/shoulder/ prob with the cyclone, it all the coasters i go on. I know the thunder is rought but the padded restrants are really soft compared to others so it does hurt my shoulders or collar bones at all, I'd have the cyclone train for seats and smoothness but just not the restants. I find the demon the worst with the restants. And its really rough now (anyone else find that?) Anyway its just me, my mates that are taller have the same prob aswell, must be tall people.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Thunderbolt has been sold. If you visit www.usedrides.com and do a search on rollercoaster and it will display the following: DOUBLE LOOPING COASTER Description: Reference number 10027: 1982 park-model MEISHO ROLLERCOASTER DOUBLE LOOPING, 1 train 24 seats. Power necessity 75 KW. Has been SOLD. I doubt that there are very many Meisho Double Loop Coasters for sale at this point in time. Wonder where its going? Neil

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about AlexB Adam, he is a very insecure person. He beleives that if he goes online and starts insulting their posts, he might gain friends. He also enjoys creating graphs and insulting people that have done nothing to him for fun. All he needs is help, so next time AlexB starts insulting you, or anything similar to that, just go tell his mental health doctor about it, and he'll be sedated and taken off the streets. And he lives in Penrith, lol! (no offence to others that live in Penrith, I just don't like the place)