Happy feet are coming to Warner Bros. Movieworld

dreamworld_rulz

HAPPY FEET ARE COMING TO WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD Meet the Happy Feet characters - Mumble, Lovelace, Gloria and Ramone - on the red carpet at Warner Bros. Movie World at one of our special “Happy Feet” screenings in the Roxy Theatre daily from 26 December – 7 January 2007. The early morning screening commences with a walk on the red carpet and photo with some of the Happy Feet characters from 7.30am followed by a Happy Feet show and the movie. The early screening allows guests to then enjoy Warner Bros. Movie World for the remainder of the day. What a great way to see a movie!!! You must purchase entry to Warner Bros. Movie World to attend the screenings, and with seats limited, pre-booking in-park at the upgrade booth or via 133 FUN (368) is essential. For Warner Bros. Movie World Annual pass holders, you can use your pass for entry and just purchase the “Happy Feet” movie ticket for $20 per person.

The theatre is still able to be utilised for other screenings. Even with all the added effects systems etc. it's still a pretty decent cinema and they'll have most likely kept the projection equipment from the Marvin the Martian days so it's easy to do things like this. The screenings are held before park hours so it's not going to interrupt regular operations of the attraction.

Not to mention the fact you are seeing it at 7:30AM, anywhere else you would probably get some sort of early bird offer, and even then there arent many cinemas that open then (Except for movie Marathons). But yeah, $20 is crap, i would have expected something like a special breakfast package with this offer (Eg Buffet at Ricks, then onto the movie, and then into the park) This would have been better if you could see it at the end of the day, at least you could rest for a couple of hours after a day on your feet before tackling the drive home.

For Warner Bros. Movie World Annual pass holders, you can use your pass for entry and just purchase the “Happy Feet” movie ticket for $20 per person. THATS SO CRAP. You're basically paying 20 bucks just to see the movie?
The Price includes a nice big photo taking by yours truly me so its about $10 for the movie

HAPPY FEET ARE COMING TO WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD Meet the Happy Feet characters - Mumble, Lovelace, Gloria and Ramone - on the red carpet at Warner Bros. Movie World at one of our special “Happy Feet” screenings in the Roxy Theatre daily from 26 December – 7 January 2007. The early morning screening commences with a walk on the red carpet and photo with some of the Happy Feet characters from 7.30am followed by a Happy Feet show and the movie. The early screening allows guests to then enjoy Warner Bros. Movie World for the remainder of the day. What a great way to see a movie!!! You must purchase entry to Warner Bros. Movie World to attend the screenings, and with seats limited, pre-booking in-park at the upgrade booth or via 133 FUN (368) is essential. For Warner Bros. Movie World Annual pass holders, you can use your pass for entry and just purchase the “Happy Feet” movie ticket for $20 per person.
where did u get that info?

^: I think it could be turned into a 3-D movie also. It could take over the Planet SOS at Seaworld. The movie could even be 4-D, since SW has already got the 4-D affects built into the castle thearter. And also, because it's an Australian movie and was made in Australia, SW could work with the makers to create a short 15 - 20min film that has 3-D technology in it. I think this would be a great new attraction for SW. What do you guys think??? :huh: P.S: I'm actually suprised that Australians made this film. I thought somebody like Dreamworks or Disney Pixar were teaming up with Warner Bros. to make the animation. Well done Warner Bros.!!!!! CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

^: I think it could be turned into a 3-D movie also. It could take over the Planet SOS at Seaworld. The movie could even be 4-D, since SW has already got the 4-D affects built into the castle thearter. And also, because it's an Australian movie and was made in Australia, SW could work with the makers to create a short 15 - 20min film that has 3-D technology in it. I think this would be a great new attraction for SW. What do you guys think??? :huh:P.S: I'm actually suprised that Australians made this film. I thought somebody like Dreamworks or Disney Pixar were teaming up with Warner Bros. to make the animation. Well done Warner Bros.!!!!! CoasterBoy6
Dude, at first I was surprised, but then I thought about how Disney is such an American-based company now, and WB is starting to co-operate overseas a bit more now in countries like Australia and England. And I wouldn't be surprised if half the people working for Disney over there ended up putting Santa's workshop and polar bears in the movie. I'd like to point out that Steve Irwin is also In the movie. Not sure what part he plays, I think it was just a small one.

Was at Movie World yesterday and they had the premiere for competition winners. A red carpet dotted with penguin footprints extended from the Movie World archway to the Roxy Theatre and the penguins were there with the snow machine blasting. A kid's dance studio was there with the performers in penguin costumes. Amusingly the studio is actually called Happy Feet :P Ian Clark of OzCoaster was there as official park photographer, somewhat longer of beard & mingling with/snapping the costumed characters and guests.

Does anyone else think this movie (HappyFeet) should be turned into a ride also?
Ill also join the chorus of those who have not seen the film. But in terms of attractions, the only thing I could think of is some sort of dance based attraction. Just gut a couple of shops in main street and make the interior an icy cavern. There could be a number of those dance pad things you see in arcades, each could have its own LCD screen mounted in front, or there could be one big screen at the front of the room. Each group would come in, the CM would explain how this sort of game works, and then guests would do dances from the movie. It could be a knock out format where those with the best scores progress through a couple of rounds until an winner is found, who could win happy feet merchandise. Seating would be around the perimeter of the room for those too self conscious to have a go. This isnt really a ride though, just a people eater or possibly an upcharge attraction, maybe it could claim to be the largest dance game in world...

Ill also join the chorus of those who have not seen the film. But in terms of attractions, the only thing I could think of is some sort of dance based attraction. Just gut a couple of shops in main street and make the interior an icy cavern. There could be a number of those dance pad things you see in arcades, each could have its own LCD screen mounted in front, or there could be one big screen at the front of the room. Each group would come in, the CM would explain how this sort of game works, and then guests would do dances from the movie. It could be a knock out format where those with the best scores progress through a couple of rounds until an winner is found, who could win happy feet merchandise. Seating would be around the perimeter of the room for those too self conscious to have a go. This isnt really a ride though, just a people eater or possibly an upcharge attraction, maybe it could claim to be the largest dance game in world...
Maybe, they could create something like the Big Red Car ride at Wiggles World-Dreamworld? Not sure how they'd make it or theme it. Also, what/how did Disney Land turn Finding Nemo into a ride/attraction? ;)

They could always do something like the Enchanted Tiki Room with animatronics. That would be pretty sweet. Basically Nemo uses an existing aquarium attraction at Epcot and you ride alongside it in a half-shell capsule. They project the animated fish onto the tank and time the audio accordingly. I suppose they could do a similar thing by projecting the animation onto icecap sets etc, even have an underwater tank which they could fill with animated Orcas etc but don't see this happening.

Edited by Tony Teulan

Maybe, they could create something like the Big Red Car ride at Wiggles World-Dreamworld? Not sure how they'd make it or theme it.
Creative idea there... The tiki room idea is a workable one, but I think it ultimatley comes down to a question of wether something like that will actually get people to visit (Admittely something my suggestion lacks somewhat) I know the tiki room is loved by many and has that "classic" appeal and a throwback to Disneys past, but wether a modern thing could have that same feel is the real question.