LPS Ideas?

Chaos-Maniac

I've been thinking, I know I've said this before. But anyways, Should LunaPark Sydney upgrade? Install some better rides. Make them look so not like ex-carnival rides. Fix the theming up for the rides. I, personally would love to see the 1990's park arrangement and theming put back into practise. This arrangement and theming really did give the park a true colourful 1930's/nostalgia feel. Having the daggy theming and ride arrangement they currently have, really doesn't show the true protential this park has or can use. I understand, they cannot move the Wild Mouse, or install another rollercoaster. But, prehaps they could install a river ride, like Luna Park once had (not sure what year). If anyone, has any pictures from the 1990 re-vamp of the park. Could they please post them here, to show others what the park really did look like. Here is a picture from Wikipedia, showing how 'bare' the park truely does look. It also shows how doggy the carnival style rides make the park and gives it no 'taste'. Image:Maloneyslunaparksyd.JPG Even other people agree with me on this one, how 'tasteless' the park looks/feels. For example, http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/08/18/...l?from=storyrhs

Everything you say is right the problem is it is unlikely the park will do anything because they are making money as it is. Being the only amusement park left in Sydney the park has absolutely thrived since the day its doors reopened again in 2004. Now here's the thing that really annoys me - in the 1995 revamp the park developers/owners (which was essentially the state government and friends of Luna Park) had a real passion for running the park as a true fun park and recreating the magic of the good old days. However, attendance levels were extremely low and the park suffered. In 2004 the park has reopened with new owners who are less interested in running it as a fun park, have taken away some of the rides, placed very little emphasis on presentation and yet attendance levels are much higher. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Everything you say is right the problem is it is unlikely the park will do anything because they are making money as it is. Being the only amusement park left in Sydney the park has absolutely thrived since the day its doors reopened again in 2004. Now here's the thing that really annoys me - in the 1995 revamp the park developers/owners (which was essentially the state government and friends of Luna Park) had a real passion for running the park as a true fun park and recreating the magic of the good old days. However, attendance levels were extremely low and the park suffered. In 2004 the park has reopened with new owners who are less interested in running it as a fun park, have taken away some of the rides, placed very little emphasis on presentation and yet attendance levels are much higher. Doesn't seem fair does it?
What happened to "Friends of Luna Park"? And, whom were the owners in the 1995 revamp? Also, Like some people have said before in threads about Dreamworld's theming/layout and the recent addition of Superman Escape in Movieworld. The Australian public really doesn't seem to give a flying s&$@ about layouts/theming. Which, I think is really sad. Seeming theming is what really gives a ride it's experiance.