Mine Ride

kennykoala

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamworld are really going downhill lately. With the removal of Thunderbolt (and no replacement), Chairlift (and no replacement) and now this... Dreamworld really need to do something to keep up with the threat that Movieworld is posing to the park.
I don't think that MW is a threat. But DW does need something.

You do realise that Thunderbolt was crap (and damn rusty at that) and both it and the Skylink had low ridership and (most likely) cost heaps to insure? Seriously, the park is better having removed both of those attractions, Thunderbolt particularly. The Mine Ride is probably the best of the rides to be removed, if that is in fact what's going on here It probably had its fair share of complaints for its roughness, which I thought were unfounded since I know I loved the ride, but I also know many who won't ride it again, and I can imagine the clearance issues wouldn't have been cheap to insure against either. If a bigger issue has arisen, then removal from the park really isn't that surprising. Its a shame though, I can't imagine a plot of land that size would be easy to use for something different, at least not anything nearly as good. Interestingly though, the ride is still listed on the park's website, again though it comes with a note that seemingly brings attention to the fact that its a potentially dangerous ride:

NB: At Dreamworld guest safety is our number one priority. As such all rides and attractions undergo daily testing through annual maintenance and regular safety audits and inspections. As part of this process the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride will close temporarily for all Dreamworld guests.

You do realise that Thunderbolt was crap (and damn rusty at that) and both it and the Skylink had low ridership and (most likely) cost heaps to insure? Seriously, the park is better having removed both of those attractions, Thunderbolt particularly. The Mine Ride is probably the best of the rides to be removed, if that is in fact what's going on here It probably had its fair share of complaints for its roughness, which I thought were unfounded since I know I loved the ride, but I also know many who won't ride it again, and I can imagine the clearance issues wouldn't have been cheap to insure against either. If a bigger issue has arisen, then removal from the park really isn't that surprising. Its a shame though, I can't imagine a plot of land that size would be easy to use for something different, at least not anything nearly as good. Interestingly though, the ride is still listed on the park's website, again though it comes with a note that seemingly brings attention to the fact that its a potentially dangerous ride: .
I understand Thunderbolt was a crap ride. But, everytime I went there (1994, 2001) the lines for the ride were fairly full. If the mine ride is going, what do you think Dreamworld could/would replace it with?

I don't think it's fair to say that they're removing the mine ride just yet. They could just be removing it to avoid confusion amongst people questioning that it's on the map, but it's not open. Since it has been down for a while, and if they're not closing it, I'd say that's a wise move by DW.

It's gone. Hopefully, at least. For good. I'd love to see them build another mine ride in the exact same location, maybe slightly expanded over that stupid ugly and pointless lake, but obviously with a more efficient and safe ride system. Newer effects wouldn't hurt either. I know many people who claim that ride to be among their favourites (people who aren't extreme thrill seekers), it would be a real shame if Dreamworld didn't replace it with another family ride. They're only left with two now: Thunder River Rapids and that terrible Rocky Hollow Log Ride. Dreamworld has actually become quite a a very desolate and run down place.

Dreamworld has actually become quite a a very desolate and run down place.
There is absolutely no excuse for this. The park is making stacks of money. I just can't believe a park that is/was so far out in front would allow the competition to creep up on them. See the problem with DW not adding any decent new rides for ages is that when they finally do add a new ride, it won't be enough to make up for the recent lack of investment. They would need to add a number of new rides to stay even. And then things like this start to happen ie. a longtime favourite ride (in this case the mine ride) requires removal meaning they fall even further behind

It's gone. Hopefully, at least. For good. I'd love to see them build another mine ride in the exact same location, maybe slightly expanded over that stupid ugly and pointless lake, but obviously with a more efficient and safe ride system. Newer effects wouldn't hurt either. I know many people who claim that ride to be among their favourites (people who aren't extreme thrill seekers), it would be a real shame if Dreamworld didn't replace it with another family ride. They're only left with two now: Thunder River Rapids and that terrible Rocky Hollow Log Ride. Dreamworld has actually become quite a a very desolate and run down place.
What's wrong with the Log Ride? You also hate the Mine Ride. Sounds like your Anti Dreamworld

The log ride is:

• old,
  • decrepit,
  • poorly themed,
  • poorly maintained,
  • uncomfortable
  • tacky,
  • uninteresting,
  • unthrilling,
  • riddled with spiders (the most horrible creatures on Earth, no doubt from the darkest depths of hell), and
  • designed to handle only a low number of riders (i.e. poor capacity).

What's right with the log ride?

The log ride is:
  • old,
  • decrepit,
  • poorly themed,
  • poorly maintained,
  • uncomfortable
  • tacky,
  • uninteresting,
  • unthrilling,
  • riddled with spiders (the most horrible creatures on Earth, no doubt from the darkest depths of hell), and
  • designed to handle only a low number of riders (i.e. poor capacity).

What's right with the log ride?

You forgot one. All the chewing gum. I love the Log Ride. what's right with it? It's great on a hot day. :D

But not too shabby on a cold day - especially when you're the only one from the group that got drenched... ah, precious memories. ;)
Yes i know that feeling. As usual it's the "Why me" syndrome. :D
Let's not forget all that chewing gum beneath the bridge at the start of WWF! That stuff's gotta be decades old!
What about the Bermuda Triangle? Isn't there some gum where the double doors are? Also the bridges on the flume ride. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

There is absolutely no excuse for this. The park is making stacks of money. I just can't believe a park that is/was so far out in front would allow the competition to creep up on them. See the problem with DW not adding any decent new rides for ages is that when they finally do add a new ride, it won't be enough to make up for the recent lack of investment. They would need to add a number of new rides to stay even. And then things like this start to happen ie. a longtime favourite ride (in this case the mine ride) requires removal meaning they fall even further behind
Maybe that's what they'll need to do - add a whole new 'world' to the park. Since Macquarie leisure has finished WWW they should again focus on DW more.