Tube Hire

velo

They are asking if you have to hire your own tube and take it on the rides at wnw, not if they are free or anything dreamworld. The only thing you need a tube for is the wave pool (although thats not a necessity; you CAN go in there tubeless) and the lazy river (tube a must). All the slides at wnw have thier own tubes apart from the body slides on the mountain, twister and the speed slides off the Mach V which are tubeless. Super 8 has it's own mat.

They are asking if you have to hire your own tube and take it on the rides at wnw, not if they are free or anything dreamworld. The only thing you need a tube for is the wave pool (although thats not a necessity; you CAN go in there tubeless) and the lazy river (tube a must). All the slides at wnw have thier own tubes apart from the body slides on the mountain, twister and the speed slides off the Mach V which are tubeless. Super 8 has it's own mat.
Oh ok i misread the post.
Mind you, if it's a busy day, sometimes you'll be waiting ages for a tube. Some people *cough* mum *cough* spend their whole day there. Can you use hired tubes in the lazy river anyway?
Yes you can.

I thought the fact this post is in the WnW forum was a dead giveaway to what park Velo was asking about. I wouldnt really bother hiring a tube for the wave pool though. Its the sort of thing you get over after a few minutes of being in there with it. Its probably worth hiring if you are seeing a dive in movie, just be prepared to be a prune.

I thought the fact this post is in the WnW forum was a dead giveaway to what park Velo was asking about. I wouldnt really bother hiring a tube for the wave pool though. Its the sort of thing you get over after a few minutes of being in there with it. Its probably worth hiring if you are seeing a dive in movie, just be prepared to be a prune.
I don't look to see what park the thread is located. I just read the thread. If i paid more attention then i wouldn't ask stupid questions hey. :D

Thanks guys i got my answer. By the way, i am not local, i come from the little sunny island of Singapore actually. Pardon me but i would like to know how do people get home after the Dive-in movie screenings on saturdays? I have checked the bus services and the last bus to Surfers is around 5-6pm. So i will have to drive there? :huh: Will it be crowded on Saturdays, dun wanna wait for a long time to get my rides haha p/s: oh i was referring to WnW, sorry for not making it clear from the start

Thanks guys i got my answer. By the way, i am not local, i come from the little sunny island of Singapore actually. Pardon me but i would like to know how do people get home after the Dive-in movie screenings on saturdays? I have checked the bus services and the last bus to Surfers is around 5-6pm. So i will have to drive there? :huh: Will it be crowded on Saturdays, dun wanna wait for a long time to get my rides haha p/s: oh i was referring to WnW, sorry for not making it clear from the start
You can either hire a Limo, drive or get a Taxi to Helensvale Station then a train to Nerang then a bus to Sufers.

Oh my wouldnt that be quite a sum to get back home. Thanks, will see how then. Oh will the weather be good during March? I will be there then, hope i won't be sweating like a hog. :D On a sidenote, will boardshorts be allowed? Any tips for a WnW first timer?

Edited by velo

• 2 weeks later...

I see thanks. Would prefer to wear boardshorts there. Damn i will be there around early March, looks like i have picked the wrong time to visit Gold Coast. Its the rainiest month of the year. Will it rain so much tt they will shut down the rides? Sigh it will really be a spoiler man... if it rains on most days of the 6 days (4 themeparks plus repeats) i have set aside :(

Once I went to Movieworld, it was pouring all morning and all the scooby doo ride flooded and that closed, Lethal weapon was closed because of the lightning. WWW was still open but it was bad. So movieworld can practically close all its big rides if it rains too much, I dont know about the spaceshot. Another time at wet'n'wild by the way it was my best visit ever it was like 2 in the arvo and this huge fork lightning stuck and everyone screamed and nearly everyone left then half an hour later it was sunny and all the slides were open again and all the hired tubes were just floating by themselfs.

Edited by aidan

That happened a few weekends ago. I was getting in all the Gold Coast theme parks with Miro - ParkFanGermany - who I worked with at Wet'n'Wild - and his friend Jakob before they left for Germany. On Saturday, we hit Whitewater World in the morning then DW in the afternoon and the Cyclone queue was non-existant. So we went on, mainly to experience it going near the water park... and regretted it when it started to rain on the lifthill. 'Ok, maybe it's not going to be so bad,' I thought. How wrong I was. Talk about painful! We had our eyes squinted against the onslaught for the whole ride and barely saw anything of WWW. :P Oh well