Batwing's ride pattern could be better

GoGoBoy

I just found a video on Youtube of an overseas Spaceshot. Although the video is extremely poorly filmed you can still get an idea of the actual ride pattern. In my opinion this ride pattern is significantly better than Batwings. The gondola shoots up, bounces a bit, then gets hoisted to the very top of the tower. After waiting at the top for around 10 seconds or so it then drops the gondola (very similar to a Giant Drop style of drop) and then bounces a few more times. Not only does this ride pattern seem much longer than Batwings but it also appears to offer a much better ride experience. What does everyone else think? Video here -

Hmm, that looked like the shorter model though (it probably is since they are using a 12 person gondola) which could make doing these sorts of moves easier. I like the Batwing program pretty much as it is, if it is possible the only thing i would change would be for the first freefal part to drop down lower (say to only 5 or so meters above ground level) instead of just halfway as it would be more exciting rushing towards the ground and stopping so close. I think it is possible too, i mean they safely stop the thing a couple of meters from hitting the top so I imagine they could do the same at the bottom. Since this ride is sort of competing with GD its important they try to make it as thrilling as possible since it lacks the sheer height factor. The ride looks and sounds fun as it is, but its smaller size compared to GD could always be a factor with the GP. Still, the ride pattern is cool as it is, its not like it is "broken". Any sort of change would just be a bonus really.

Edited by Gazza

I like the Batwing program pretty much as it is, if it is possible the only thing i would change would be for the first freefal part to drop down lower (say to only 5 or so meters above ground level) instead of just halfway as it would be more exciting rushing towards the ground and stopping so close.
Gazza, I agree with you here. From videos I've seen of Batwing, it doesn't fall down enough. I remember when I went on Giant Drop at Dreamworld during Indy time (October), the girl was screaming "HOLY f%&k WE'RE GOING TO CRASH INTO THE GROUND!" while we were falling down. :D I'd love to hear peoples reaction and see peoples faces about the to gondola stopping just meters from the ground, to launch straight back up!

You're kidding me right? What else do you guys want to complain about. How about they tear the ride down, maybe then you would be happy? This isn't meant to be a major attraction. It's a flat, thrill ride. Not a drawcard like SE, Lethal Weapon of WWF.

Although I cannot confirm this without the parks location, i am fairly sure that that actually isn't a space shot. I'd say it is actually an S&S Power Combo Ride. Space Shot and Turbo Drop merged into one ride.

I just found a video on Youtube of an overseas Spaceshot. Although the video is extremely poorly filmed you can still get an idea of the actual ride pattern. In my opinion this ride pattern is significantly better than Batwings. The gondola shoots up, bounces a bit, then gets hoisted to the very top of the tower. After waiting at the top for around 10 seconds or so it then drops the gondola (very similar to a Giant Drop style of drop) and then bounces a few more times. Not only does this ride pattern seem much longer than Batwings but it also appears to offer a much better ride experience. What does everyone else think? Video here -

Although I cannot confirm this without the parks location, i am fairly sure that that actually isn't a space shot. I'd say it is actually an S&S Power Combo Ride. Space Shot and Turbo Drop merged into one ride.
Aahh ok, that would make sense if it's right. I was just wondering if Movie World had the capability of running a ride pattern like that why wouldn't they. But if Batwing simply isn't capable of doing it because of the type of model it is then I can understand. I just liked the pattern of the ride in the vid as it is certainly longer ie. not over in 2 seconds and definitely has more of a serious drop tower effect to it which I like

I agree. Having ridden Batwing a number of times, and most of these times ending up looking at the queue line, I can tell you that you shoot up over the top of the trees that cover the queue line, but you never fall below the top of the canopy. I'm sure they could drop the gondola further. Also, I don't see why they couldn't "hoist" the gondola to the top for a drop also. The gondola is lowered down to the ground at the end of the ride, so why couldn't it be raised to the top mid-ride? It's just a matter of constant air-flow into the pneumatic cylinder to get it to rise. Maybe instead of a shot and then a drop, they could have multiple shots. So after the 4th bounce of the current ride program, start lowering only to suddenly be launched to the top again. Just a few ideas there.

I agree. Having ridden Batwing a number of times, and most of these times ending up looking at the queue line, I can tell you that you shoot up over the top of the trees that cover the queue line, but you never fall below the top of the canopy. I'm sure they could drop the gondola further. Also, I don't see why they couldn't "hoist" the gondola to the top for a drop also. The gondola is lowered down to the ground at the end of the ride, so why couldn't it be raised to the top mid-ride? It's just a matter of constant air-flow into the pneumatic cylinder to get it to rise
Interesting to hear an opinion from someone who has actually ridden it... and it kinda confirms what I was saying. I'd be very interested to know whether Batwing actually has the capability to have a longer ride with these extra/better features or whether it just isn't possible. If I was Movie World I'd certainly be looking at ways to extend and improve the current ride experience

Even if you can't change the ride program, I'd love to see a bit more efficiency from the ground crew. Maybe putting the exit on the opposite side of the ride from the entrance, or even two exits would help here, as they don't let the new people into the ground area until the old people are out. And then they help people into their seats, then each of the two attendants go around the ride to check the harnesses. Following this, they thumbs-up and the ride launches. Maybe getting the new people ready sooner would be good. Just something to speed things up a bit