Lethal Weapon truely LETHAL!

Winger

What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?

• Keep the ride running
    • Scrap the ride
    • Keep the ride but make some repairs to make it smoother!
    • Build a new ride where it is

I don't know if this has ever been talked about before but about a week ago I went to Movieworld. Haven't been on the lethal weapon before so ill ride it first up. Going down the queue I thought this should be good because there was a rally short line. As And Ive watched the Lethal weapon from the observation deck and it looked pretty fun. So i hop on to (little knowing that the next couple of mins were going to be hell) As soon as the ride wet down the first drop, I don't know if it was just me or not but my head started going bang bang side to side and this carried for the whole ride. Half the time I didnt know if I was upside down, front on or sideways because I was concentrating to much on my head. As the side came to a stop I sighed with relief but as soon as I got of I could hardly stand it was that bad. I had a splitting headache and couldn't go on any other rides. :angry::( I don't know if thats normal but I reckon that something needs to be done because the ride truly is LETHAL...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is NOTHING WRONG with leathal weapon, its a ride if you didnt realise some rides bumpyness makes the ride. Leathal weapon has always been like that. I have ridden on it 4 times in a row and I didnt get sick, just a bit dizzy.

Edited by aidan

When i was there I found it uncomfortable so I only rode it twice. I think the most cost effective way to enhance rider comfort is just to replace the restraints with the new rubber vest restraints Vekoma now uses. Vekoma does do these sort of refits, and if they did it would eliminate headbanging completley and provide a softer, more free ride. And hey since they look like vests maybe riders could be told they are putting on bullet proof vests :P in keeping with the theme of the ride. Edit: and heres a pic. post-88-1167534523_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

:D
Pointless post, again!! :rolleyes:
When i was there I found it uncomfortable so I only rode it twice. I think the most cost effective way to enhance rider comfort is just to replace the restraints with the new rubber vest restraints Vekoma now uses. Vekoma does do these sort of refits, and if they did it would eliminate headbanging completley and provide a softer, more free ride. And hey since they look like vests maybe riders could be told they are putting on bullet proof vests tongue.gif in keeping with the theme of the ride.
That's a good idea. I'd like to see this happen. Then, they just need to get the ride operators to dress up like policemen. Also, with these vests. Are they like a one size fits all, or do you have like Large, Medium, small?

Are those restraints similar to what they have on SE?
You could say that actually, since the bottom part that goes over your lap does most of the restraining, while the rubber part at the top (softer than SE, i think it would have the same sort of flexibility as those playground swing seats that look like a pair of undies)
I think the head/ear banging makes the ride.
Woah, you and me are very different people :P. I would happy to see whatever discomfort the ride has banished completley as it detracts from the ride and is not really something a modern coaster needs (But given that it is an expensive process, so i think just putting new restraints in would make the biggest improvement for the majority of riders). I mean I can accept it the way it is and put up with it, but for me roughness doesnt "make the ride" as a couple of people have put it, nor is it a deliberate attempt to "get the feeling of a stunt driver", it is coincidental (and anyway, stunt drivers tend not to bang their head) But in closing, for me the roughness wasnt bad enough to cause a headache or even dizyness, just some soreness that went away soon enough. My main gripe with the roughness is that when you are on the ride it is a big distraction that makes it harder to enjoy, and I can relate a bit to what winger is saying about it being disorientating as there are parts of the ride i cant remember that well. Edited by Gazza

Well I would say nothing will change with the ride. I myself find it an enjoyable ride but I hate how it beats you up. However despite every time I ride it saying I will never do so again I usually find myself lining up for it on most visits to the park. It's a SLC, they are rough, we just kind of have to live with it. Go ride Nemesis, then you will truely know what we are missing LOL

The roughness is typical for a SLC. At the most Boards the coaster is called SlappingLoopingCoaster. I never ride Leathal Weapon but el Condor at WalibiWorld, MPX at MoviePark and Limit at Heidepark are very rough. And i´ve heared that Vampire at Walibi Belgium and the SLC at Gardaland (wich is the same Model as LWP) slapps, too. Greets Auge

Well, just like the Crazy German above me (at least we're in the same timezone :P ), I haven't ride Leathal Weapon, but I have ride El Condor, Vampire and FX/Eraser/MPX (whatever that ride is named this year), as well as Gardaland's Blue Tornado. Because I'm used to El Condor, the others are ok... I think El Condor is the worst. It's actually so bad we once had to close it. It was this summer, on a New Years Eve day (that's one of our events, around July/August) when it was 37 C degrees. Most of you will know that when it's warm, coasters getting faster. As well as that day. The normal runtime of El Condor at the end of the day is about 39 seconds (end of lift - first brake), that day it started with 37. Guest were complaining about pain. So around 3.30 Pm one round was done in 34,5 seconds. We tried it ourself once (what do I have a boring job :P ) and it was very bad! So we dicided to shut the ride down for a while. It literally had to cool down. So around 8 Pm (park was open till midnight for the NYE-event) we reopend it. Except for the last three rows. And that's how El Condor rode the rest of the night. And because it's always warm over there on the Gold Coast I can imaging that it might hurt to ride LW. But of course I can't judge a ride that I haven't ride.

It used to bother me a lot more when I was younger (and shorter) and, despite keeping my head back, I couldn't make it a pleasant ride. Now that my head is higher above the restraints it is a more bearable ride, but only just. In my opinion, it's just not a very enjoyable coaster. <_<