Lethal Weapon truely LETHAL!

Winger

What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?

• Keep the ride running
    • Scrap the ride
    • Keep the ride but make some repairs to make it smoother!
    • Build a new ride where it is

It used to bother me a lot more when I was younger (and shorter) and, despite keeping my head back, I couldn't make it a pleasant ride. Now that my head is higher above the restraints it is a more bearable ride, but only just. In my opinion, it's just not a very enjoyable coaster. <_<
Exactly, a lot of people seem to be saying that that "its fine for me" but what about kids and shorter people that ride it? Or ones that only visit once every few years and cant get used to it the same way regular visitors/enthusiasts do? The ride is what? 10 years old now, i think it is around this point where it becomes more viable to do a refit.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that the terms and conditions stress to you if you have any back or neck complaints you should not ride, and all riders ride at their own risk... Now negligence aside, because that is definitely something that you could sue over, if it is ride at your own risk, and WBMW can show Hundreds of riders per day without neck injuries serious enough to sue over, and then one person DOES sue, then obviously they must have had a weakened spinal cord as a result of a pre-existing condition, whether or not they knew about it, and as it was pre-existing, it was their own decision to ride, despite the warnings.

I was at Movie World today and I found that it was not actually the roughness of the ride that is the problem, it is the restraint and how hard the "padded" part of it is (the part where your ears/head are near/hit). Either padding them with something that is actually soft or refitting with the alternative style restraints (as seen in this thread at http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...st&p=39295) would help to fix this problem. For those wondering LW was basically walk on today and I only went on it once due to the experience. Both trains were running (red one was cycling empty when I was at LW). When I went in 2003 it was way more enjoyable than what it was today.

I agree here the restraint needs redesigning, for alot of riders, not so much me but many of my friends who i go with regularly have a serious problem riding it. Especailly on the double inline twist. I tend to find if i firmly push my cheekbone into the right hand side of the pads on the restraint i get get my head lodged so it won't move, but for most people it really is a problem that will cause them pain to their ears and will make them much less likely to ride again.

I like it too but what yous all are saying here isn't going to change the ride. Be thankful that we have it. The last thing we want is for it not to be there. :)
This has been said before, but this is a theme park DISCUSSION site, there is nothing wrong with talking about the way we would like things to be etc. Sure, these discussions might not make a difference, but look at things such as the Letters to the Editor page in the paper or talkback radio programs, its just people saying what they think even if not many people are listening. Its as if some people would rather there be no conversation here at all. Oh, and also "yous" isn't a real word, the plural of "you" is "you" :) Edited by Gazza

The problem is the OTSRs are do samn 'deep.' You sit so far back in them that they cover so much of the sides of your head and thats where you get beaten up. You look at Corkscrew and pretty much your whole head sits in front of the restraint. I find that with the knowledge I have after riding it so many times I can ride 'defensively' and anticipate the changes in direction and not get my head slammed. I still feel like crap after riding it though and won't bother to re-ride. For a first time rider though, it can sure beat you up, pity because it's a cool layout.

Well, i dont know if "plural" was the best word to describe what i meant. When talking to one person: "you are funny" When talking to many people "you are all funny" But you dont say: "yous are all funny" If anyone can be bothered look here http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/you As for this roughness debate, i dont think there will ever be a definitive answer, your either someone who likes the wildness of the ride and thinks it adds to it, or someone who finds it uncomfortable and thinks it detracts from the ride. But, i have a question for tha first group: "If the ride was smooth would the ride be worse?"

Edited by Gazza

• 1 month later...

i went to movie world last holidays and i rode both trains and they were all right no bumpiness or slapping, the ride is actually pretty smooth BUT you have to listen to the operators and do what they say . they say keep your head back so you don't slap (your neck and head is resting on the back of the carriage so it will be harder for the car to "slap" you .i also figured out that its best to keep your neck stiff, head straight and don't move your head during the ride. if you followed these points then LW is pretty smooth,and you won't get hurt :D

Edited by master.with.the.coasters

The first time I went on the Lethal Weapon, I kept my head back because they said too. I got the whole head banging thing, but it was my ears that hurt the most. Anyways, the next time I went on it I tried all different positions and I found when I stuck my head out as far as I could (without hurting myself) it was comfortable and I found the ride really enjoyable.

I love Lethal Weapon... I could ride it til my ears bleed (and with this ride thats literal!) Sure its rough... but I think it needs a new carriage design... I went on Batman: The Ride at Magic Mountain and it was so smooth... and it had softer padding in the restraints and I also noticed how minimal head movement was... Funny because its also built by Vekoma (so the net says) so why wouldn't they use the same design? Its a great ride but... you can feel the g's so much and I love the Zero-G Roll :D

I went on Batman: The Ride at Magic Mountain and it was so smooth... and it had softer padding in the restraints and I also noticed how minimal head movement was... Funny because its also built by Vekoma (so the net says) so why wouldn't they use the same design?
LOL I think you are getting Batman confused with Deja Vu, which was built by Vekoma. Batman was built by B&M, and I have never seen a source on the net say otherwise, see http://www.rcdb.com/id24.htm You seem to have some degree of coaster knowledge, so I am surprised you didn't realise Batman was a B&M Edited by Gazza