Lethal Weapon truely LETHAL!

Winger

What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?

• Keep the ride running
    • Scrap the ride
    • Keep the ride but make some repairs to make it smoother!
    • Build a new ride where it is

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed this review on the main page:

5 Oct 2007. Hey i was just at WBMW and I am so glad to report that they have replaced the old seating for LW with a complete new set up. The new seats feature a better padded lining with a new restraint system with better wrist grip handles and LARGE padded neck restraints for those who normally suffer. I only rode it once because of ques but it didnt hurt at all. nikkiwikki
Are the new seats similar to these ones http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...ost&id=1101 ? Has anyone else been to MW in the past couple of days and seen the design change? Nikkiwikki, if you are out there can you confirm? Edited by Gazza

^^OMG! Is this true?? :o Movieworld are actually making an effort to inprove Lethal Weapon. ALSO it looks like they might have adopted the new restraint system. No more banging, just pure thrills. Please, please, PLEASE let this be true!! LW is a great coaster, but the banging just ruins the ride. If they have done something extra to keep the ride "rideable" so to speek, I'm pretty sure most of us would agree on re-rides. As Gazza has asked, we need people who have been on Lethal in the past couple of days/weeks. And also Nikkiwikki if you can back up your recent ride review. I'm not sure how much better you can improve a Vekoma SLC, but if there was no head banging and nothing hurt after you got off Nikkiwikki, then I guess the rides been fixed, well in the short run :lol: . This sounds like I'm dreaming. *pinches face* :blink: CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

I went to movie world on Sunday and LW hardly had a line for some reason so I figured I'd go see what the changes were. I did not notice any differences in the trains themselves, but I think they repainted some parts of the train/track. After my ride I still had a headache.

You know what? I am sick of everyone complaining about Lethal Weapon. It does hurt, but just a bit. If you think about how much fun the ride actually is and focus on other things then I'm sure that you will enjoy it. If you have gone on it but it hurt you then don't go on it again. Grow up.

It's people's opinions that LW is rough and old and what ever else, you can't tell people to grow up for having their own opinions. I personally just lean forward in my seat and I never get a headache and I don't hold onto the restraints at all.

Wether or not LW has been fitted with new restraints.
Why would we need to contact each other for that? James would be of no help to me seeing as he is in Melbourne and like I said, I never ended up going on Monday so I wouldn't know. Sorry.

whenever i ride lethal weopan i tuck my head right back into one of the corners, and keep it held there for the duration - stops the banging - coming round the bit just after the camera i always put my head forward away from the harness for the last jarring section. voila! no headaches, and a great ride!

Why would we need to contact each other for that? James would be of no help to me seeing as he is in Melbourne and like I said, I never ended up going on Monday so I wouldn't know. Sorry.
Well, I didn't know you gave up on going to MW on Monday in the first instance, but as you posted yesterday you didn't go. You specifically mentioned you were going to be in contact with DW_Rulz ("I'll make sure I msg you on all the fun you are missing out on like a good sister I am") I thought perhaps if this were the case you might have mentioned in passing changes to LW, if they had taken place. (Sample message: Havin fun, LW is Kool, more comfortable now : -) ) DW_Rulz, being back in Melbourne and having computer access might then post up what you would have told him. I vote that persons review on the front page gets deleted.
You know what? I am sick of everyone complaining about Lethal Weapon.
Thats nice. The topic had actually shifted to the possibility of new restraints, not complaints about the ones it has now. Now that I have actually ridden a couple of B&M inverted coasters you really do see the difference in quality. People are entitled to their views about rides. If its fine for you, thats great, enjoy yourself. If others find it detracts from the experience, that's their view too. Personally, I prefer rides that don't require a defensive riding strategy. You know what? I am sick of people that expect everyone to love everything. Edited by Gazza

Well, I didn't know you gave up on going to MW on Monday in the first instance, but as you posted yesterday you didn't go. You specifically mentioned you were going to be in contact with DW_Rulz ("I'll make sure I msg you on all the fun you are missing out on like a good sister I am") I thought perhaps if this were the case you might have mentioned in passing changes to LW, if they had taken place. (Sample message: Havin fun, LW is Kool, more comfortable now : -) ) DW_Rulz, being back in Melbourne and having computer access might then post up what you would have told him. I vote that persons review on the front page gets deleted.
If I did tell him or send him pics he would have posted it up here like I did with the www ripper slides that he sent me. Sorry for the confusion, Gazza.

• 4 months later...

When I went on the LW i had no idea how rough if was i sitting forward just a bit so my head started bumping back and forth and it hurt and came off it with a bleeding a swollen lip :mellow: but still a was like 7 when i went on it so i mabye could have noticed the signs says "sit back" at my age now :D

Edited by wondercam

I found this on the Vekoma website it looks like they have a new seating and train system which dosen't sound to bad and could be utilised on our ride :Dhttp://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com...4&Itemid=16 From their website. Vekoma Rides has recently designed new trains with the new modular seat design, with a special integrated vest, replacing the over-the-shoulder restraint, for a secure, comfortable and unrestrained feeling. Independent steering wheel bogies were included to offer a smoother ride and to lessen wear to increase the ride’s durability.

LW isnt that bad .Only on the 3rd loop and the twists.

You know what? I am sick of everyone complaining about Lethal Weapon. It does hurt, but just a bit. If you think about how much fun the ride actually is and focus on other things then I'm sure that you will enjoy it. If you have gone on it but it hurt you then don't go on it again. Grow up.
I agrreeeeee its a great ride.
I agrreeeeee its a great ride. sorry for the repeat