Looney Tunes River Ride vs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Swanny

Looney Tunes River Ride vs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Prefer?

• Keep The Looney Tunes River Ride
    • Scrap the ride and replace it with a ride based on the chocolate river scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    • Scrap the ride and replace it with a ride based on something else

This has been talked about before, and has been mentioned again in a recent topic. I personally would prefer they keep the Looney Tunes River Ride. It has been a special ride for the park for many years and when I last visited it, it had a large queue. Although the animatronics aren't in tip-top shape, it's nothing that can't be fixed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrap it. Put in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory! Enough said. :) I think Charlie And The Chocolate Factory will be a much better option for the park. Keep up with the modern times. Looney Tunes suck (own opinon) If they were to replace it. I'd love to see it much more of a thrill ride, while sticking the kiddies theme. Maybe more of the coaster part? Also, you really need to get wet on the ride! They should also open a little part of the ride, so the public can see you face like on Wild West Falls.

The looney Tunes ride was awesome, but unfortunately Warners Brothers has lost to Nickelodeon in the programing wars. I wouldn't be suprised if half the kids you talk to today have no idea who half the WB characters on the ride are. Charlie and the Choclate Factory is such a popular movie that it would still make sense to build the ride even if the remake wasn't made. Sets or recreations from the movie would fit perfectly. Even if there could be a pre-show brining you into the choclate room before the boat ride. The choclate that they used for the movie would easily be re-created in a form suiting to long term public use. Since this would need to be a ride built in a Soundstage this would fit brilliantly at the back of the park next to Wild West Falls. They could create a new world themed around the town from the movie.

The looney Tunes ride was awesome, but unfortunately Warners Brothers has lost to Nickelodeon in the programing wars. I wouldn't be suprised if half the kids you talk to today have no idea who half the WB characters on the ride are. Charlie and the Choclate Factory is such a popular movie that it would still make sense to build the ride even if the remake wasn't made. Sets or recreations from the movie would fit perfectly. Even if there could be a pre-show brining you into the choclate room before the boat ride. The choclate that they used for the movie would easily be re-created in a form suiting to long term public use. Since this would need to be a ride built in a Soundstage this would fit brilliantly at the back of the park next to Wild West Falls. They could create a new world themed around the town from the movie.
your forgetting, Behind Wild West Falls are houses. There isn't much more room Movie World has left. They need to start using the already themed areas more, like they have started with Gotham City (batwing & batman adventure ride). Movie World really needs to up the Looney Tunes area. Make it more modern. Bring it back. I havn't even seen a Looney Tunes cartoon on TV for ages!

The Animatronics haven't worked for well over a year and half and possibly longer. The ONLY reason there is a huge line up 90% of the time is because they take in people once every 20-odd minutes.. You'll find Looney Tunes Cartoons on the kids networks like Cartoon Network and/or Boomerang (which is owned by Cartoon Network), in fact Boomerang had three specials on Bugs Bunny the past week and Looney Tunes airs at like 11pm or something. MW also have them screening on their big screen. There's always a kid or two (and some big kids) standing in the middle of the street watching it. They need to change it though, its always the Opera episode when I go there. I don't want them to change it as it's fine the way it is, just needs those animatronics fixed.

▓Yeah, i say keep it too. I want to see MW build their attraction stock, not just keep replacing them, which in the long term doesn't improve the parks capacity, they have been doing this for a while (Eg replacing gremlins with SDSC, movie magic tour with SE etc, theres no doubt the replacements are great, but at the same time people still wish they could ride the classics). Id rather see a different ride for the Charlie theme, such as a water coaster or a river rapids ride for example, as both could be worked to fit in with the story. Also, im a bit of a purist so Id rather see Looney Tunes village keep with Looney Tunes rides, we dont want them to go like DW and have unrelated rides in each themed area. And for the record, I dont think they could really colour the river, for the simple fact that its a water ride, and you do get wet and I dont think people want to get their clothes stained by whatever colourant they use. Even if it is washable people would still look silly having brown residue left on them. If its a dark ride the water just looks black anyway.... And as for the whole "MW is running out of room" thing, here is an aerial photo showing potential spots for expansions: post-88-1167720995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

Movie World definitely need to use some of their available space better to add new attractions! The Wild West town is way too big, and I think was only made so big to provide theming between where all the other attractions stop and where they built WWF way up the back of their lot. A large chunk of this could be re-themed to some other attraction. The Matrix exhibit is a waste of space and could be replaced. I liked Young Einstein's Homestead, but only saw it once. They can do away with the stage where the Maverick Magic show used to be. I don't think it's used for any permanent shows now is it? I have never been there the half-dozen times I've been to the park. And, why not expand into the car park a bit like DW did with Cyclone? During peak seasons they could run free shuttles between MW gates and the Outback Spectacular car park which is fairly empty during the day anyway, and only starts filling after MW closes. Heaps of room to take advantage of... and so many more movies they could base rides and attractions around!

i think movie world needs to keep populating there already themed areas. looking on gazza's map Western Area -put a woodie inbetween LW and WWF ('B','A') -small small flat ride in the 'C' part, i dunno what though. China Town (LW) -the flat ride people have been talking aboput going in the que area of LW, like the firecracker spinny one on RCT2 would be awsum as long as they theme it to a movie Superman Area (Metropolis?) -Put some flat rides in the 'D' part, then they could theme all around there and make it look like a city like many people have been asking for Gotham City -a batman coaster like at six flags, put it out in the 'F' section and then out into the car park, and i really like the post above's idea of using the outback spectaculars car park. Looney Tunes Village -i really do like the idea of a carlie and the chocolate factory ride but i would really hate if they put it in here, it would totally ruin the looney tunes feel and it would just be a stupid thing to do ---------------------------------------------- 'E' Section -Id say well see this turn into a land in the future i dunno what though, it could fit a pretty big coaster though Scary/Horror Land -i sort of like the idea of this land they could get rid of the matrix and put it behind there because if they did do this land i think it would need to be a bit hidden. buit i dunno about that coz then theres scooby with would have to be a part of it so yeah...

I think the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride ship has sailed. It might have been a decent enough idea when it was a new movie, but the movie came out in 2005. Really, what I'm saying is why make a ride whose subject matter is already out of date? That's not even going into the "would a CATCF ride would even suit being in Looney Tunes Village" thing. Besides, Looney Tunes River Ride is, despite its age, one of the most solid attractions anywhere. OK its not thrilling, but its not meant to be. It gets pretty healthy queues, has a good capacity, and is pretty reliable. I'm not totally against changing the ride one day, but its not as if it urgently needs to be changed, and so don't think now is the time to change River Ride. Also, lets assume that people who come to MW want to actually park their cars near the park and not screw around with shuttles.

Edited by joz

I too agree that The Tune ride should stay. Looney Tunes characters are classic in every sense of the word - Bugs Bunny is "Mickey Mouse" to a WB's Theme Park and there should always be a place to celebrate them at MW. I think it's really cool seeing little one's relating to the like's of Tweety etc even today. Looney Tunes are an institution and IMO, amongst WBMW's GREATEST ASSETS! As for the Tune ride itself, I think it is most important the ride is 'freshened' to move with the times. If this means a need for updates and improvements then so be it.. Personally, I would like to see new scenes and new WoW! factor added - Perhaps reconsider the whole front area so simply a Queue tells the story with Animations playing on a loop as people line up at the earth drill - I think MW moved away from Show presented Rides years ago. They could even look at adding a new thrill suprise in the middle such as Boats being sucked into a vortex from Marvin The Martian's radar where the Boat twirls around or change/improve the finale! This ride has so much potential. Even if they did nothing but update and spruce it up, I'd be happy! I believe a refresh of the Tunes area is on the Cards this year anyway so let's hope they've got exciting plans for the Tune ride too!

Edited by MickeyD

Yes, its not like its some sort of unsolvable problem, think outside the square a bit! I mean parks just chuck the ride bits wherever it is convenient. When SDSC was being built the bits were put beside LW so really... But thats right on the money on the way they could do it Aidan, if you look at this pic you can see there is a HUGE amount of space at the front of the park (compare with LW in the bottom corner) and if it ever gets to a point where the space is needed then they can go for it. post-88-1168051052_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

Movieworld could take a quarter of the carpark then rebuild it on the grass and they will never have lost any car spaces and would have more land for the parks new attractions. It would be pointless having pods coming over on a track from outback spectacular because that carpark area gets filled up by wet'n'wilds visitors which I said before, atleast Gazza agrees with me.

Movieworld could take a quarter of the carpark then rebuild it on the grass and they will never have lost any car spaces and would have more land for the parks new attractions. It would be pointless having pods coming over on a track from outback spectacular because that carpark area gets filled up by wet'n'wilds visitors which I said before, atleast Gazza agrees with me.
I agree now! :o

Why not, keep the car park as it is? And build around the car park? I've edited the picture Gazza posted on here. To show my idea/example. untitled.jpg Cyan colour line = a monorail/tram. This would be used to transport the park guests to the new section of the park. Within this monrail/tram area. It would house some new rides. And a new roller coaster that would hang out over the car park like the Monorail at Sea World currently does. I'd like to maybe see a floorless coaster go here or a flying coaster. It would give park guests the feeling of 'flying' out over the car park. :) I just think bulldozing part of the car park then, rebuilding it would be a longer alternative. Because they'd have to hire people to demolish the section of the car park. Then, rebuilt it. When they could just build a transport ride to take guests to the newer section. Maybe they could make this new section themed to something. I'd love to see a horror themed area. Maybe this could be it.

Sorry to say this but that is very inconvenient, waiting to go on the tram. It would be easier just be build more carspaces and build on the existsing carpark when they run out of room. Remember Dreamworld expanding their carpark? it might be expensive but if dreamworld could do it Movieworld could.

Sorry to say this but that is very inconvenient, waiting to go on the tram. It would be easier just be build more carspaces and build on the existsing carpark when they run out of room. Remember Dreamworld expanding their carpark? it might be expensive but if dreamworld could do it Movieworld could.
You don't have to wait to go on tram. You could walk it too. There would be shops etc on the way. It'd be like a continuation of the Main Street/Midway thing. Also. Movie World isn't Dream World. And, I'm glad for that. And, building on the existing car park would be like, what Luna Park does. It looks ugly, and ugh. Yucky. :mellow:

I just think bulldozing part of the car park then, rebuilding it would be a longer alternative. Because they'd have to hire people to demolish the section of the car park. Then, rebuilt it. When they could just build a transport ride to take guests to the newer section.
It would be a longer alternative but it is also WRONG, this is not the way they would do it. Common sense says you would build your new carpark then use the existing carpark to build upon. Anyway where would the cars park if you demolished the existing one first?