Sea World's next ride

sonic123488

what new ride should sea world's next ride be?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should Sea worlds next ride be?

• A water coaster?
    • Another looping coaster
    • should they make the Sea World eye permanent
    • A new water ride/slide?
    • or should they keep it the same?

When I was staying at sea world resort about a week before xmas, I came in to the park and there was nothing new to the last time I came except the eye which was only going to be around for a while, and I thought that Sea World wants to be a major tourist attraction on the gold coast, Well what about when the eye moves on, What will they have? exactly what they had before, so I started this poll to see what you all think. :blink:

Well I've said it before and I'll keep saying it the perfect attraction for seaworld would be a Maurer Söhn Spinning Coaster. IMO get a clone of Dragons Fury from Chessignton as this was a wicked coaster, much better than Spinball at Alton. It could go on the vacant land between BT and Corkscrew and its the perfect balance between family and thrills, it's also not THAT expensive.

Well I've said it before and I'll keep saying it the perfect attraction for seaworld would be a Maurer Söhn Spinning Coaster. IMO get a clone of Dragons Fury from Chessignton as this was a wicked coaster, much better than Spinball at Alton. It could go on the vacant land between BT and Corkscrew and its the perfect balance between family and thrills, it's also not THAT expensive.
sorry to brake it to you but I think that could be where the half pipe coaster 'll go. Edited by sonic123488

• 10 months later...

I have been thinking a fair bit lately about the sorts of things SW should add, and the changes they should make, and this is what I have come up with. Modified Water Park: Basically all of the Sea World Family Water Park would be gutted except for the plunge, and the water park would be trimmed in half roughly along the course of the monorail. The starting point for the old Tobbogan slides would be use for the starting point for three new body slides. They would take varying routes and would end in run-out chutes rather than a pool to save space. A new pavilion would be built, and the roof of this would have a sun deck where people could sit and relax. Two new pools would be built, one a normal swimming lagoon and the other a large wading pool with a small water play structure (Depicted is a White Water West AP650, which is one size down from the one at WnW. So ride wise, the water park would have slightly more capacity. The remaining space where the other half of the water park and the two flume slides were would be set aside for future animal exhibits (any ideas?) post-88-1196409990_thumb.jpg New Children's Play Area: I have always felt it was a shame our parks don't have proper kids playgrounds. DW has Wild Thornberries Rainforest Rampage, but I think SW could really do with an elaborate kids adventure area: Camp-Jurassic-250.jpg After all, SW did once have Adventure Island What I had in mind was something squeezed in surrounding the Pirate Ship using all available safe land(though the pirate ship would be well fenced off), and funnily enough themed to a pirate island. It would have things such as pontoon bridges along the waters edge, suspensions bridges and net crawls, tall fortress towers, fake caves, a spray fountain area, walkways through jungle areas, and of course lots of slides: 11-Camp%20Jurassic.jpgIntamin Panoramic Flight Simulator: If you aren't familiar with this sort of ride you can find out about it here: http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...3&Itemid=36 This would be squeezed in between between Bermuda and the 3D theatre. The ride would be themed to flying over Australia's coastal regions (In keeping with the fact it is at SW) So you would do things like fly over the 12 apostles in Victoria, over the Sydney harbour bridge, along the cliffs of the Great Australian Bight, over the port of Melbourne with ships going in and out, Over the islands of the Whitsundays, along the beaches of the Gold Coast on a packed day, and perhaps even a climatic moment where you fly through a sea storm: CrashedApostle2005.jpg800px-WhitsundayIslandBeach.JPG800px-PortJackson_2004_SeanMcClean.jpg800px-Great_Australian_Bight_Marine_Park.jpgOffshore2.jpg The ride would have an appropriate sound track: Flyingmusic.zip I managed to get sent a flyer from Intamin about it, and surprisingly it had a full cost breakdown, apparently one of these fully themed and with all related capital (eg show buildings, doors, preshow equipment, sound system, IMAX projector etc) would cost about $12.4 Million USD....If I were in their position I would spend that in a flash, they really are breathtaking rides (If Soarin Over CA is anything to go by) New Roller Coasters: I'm going against the grain a bit, but I don't think SW should ever build any new thrill coasters, instead sticking to ones with broad appeal. SW is the most heavily visited park for families, so VRTP should cater to them and focus their thrill ride efforts at MW. The two rides I had in mind were a Maurer Sohne spinnig coaster with a Submarine theme (There you go Djrappa :) ) located near the Dockside Tavern.... normal_SubmarineSpinOverview.JPG ...And an Intamin Aquatrax with an Atlantis theme located between Corkscrew and Bermuda Triangle. normal_Atlanteanadventureoverviewfinal.jpg I cant be bothered retyping what I had in mind but you read about it here http://ozcoaster.net/index.php?option=com_...9&Itemid=47 That basically sums up where I think the park should go, and imagine all this would keep them going for several years if you spaced all the additions out.

Edited by Gazza