Sign in to follow this  
Okguy

When to visit?

7 posts in this topic

Hey, A couple of friends and I are planning on going up to Dreamworld together some time before uni starts in late feb/early march. What i'm wanting to know is it going to be much worthwhile waiting until school goes back - or is there going to be significantly less people there after school hols? I should mention we plan on going on all the decent rides. Thanks.

Well I went today.. in the hols and a weekend.. and we stayed till 2.. and did giant drop x2, cyclone x 2, both nightmares, rapids x 2, rugrats coaster n bumper cars. could have done more. wasn't too picked. longest was 30 mins for cyclone the 2nd time.

It doesnt matter too much, DW will be pretty quiet in Feb/Mar so it would be easy doing everything you want to. On the other hand some rides may be closed for annual maintenance as this tends to happen at that time of the year (Check the website) But, if school holidays are still going it wont cause too many problems, I was there roughly this time last year and the crowds werent too bad. Since you plan on going on all the decent rides the easiest thing to do is turn up a little bit before the park opens in the morning, so you can get in and get all the main stuff done a couple of times without any lines. I didnt even end up needing a second day pass for DW because I got everything done in one day. Just out of interest are you planning on heading to the other parks like White Water World or Movieworld, or are you only heading up for Dreamworld?

Edited by Gazza

Thanks for the responses. I guess we'll aim to go early Feb and check none of the good rides have scheduled maintenance first.

Just out of interest are you planning on heading to the other parks like White Water World or Movieworld, or are you only heading up for Dreamworld?
Perhaps. I'm going with a mate and our lady friends, and we were considering either going to Wet'N'Wild another day, or maybe getting a 2 day world pass and going to DW and WWW. Just FYI we're in Brisbane so it'd just be a drive or public transport there and back.

LOL, sorry, you had said "A couple of friends and I are planning on going up to Dreamworld" I had assumed you were from one of the southern states. In that case there is no real worry then (Its not like you are wasting a holiday), anytime from now onward is pretty much OK.

Edited by Gazza

Oh my bad, lol. I ALWAYS get my ups and downs mixed up in regards to the gold\sunshine coasts. Still it, it does matter a bit cos $60 is a lot of money when you dont have a job :(