'Tigger' hits kid at Disneyland

Hugh_gazzz

Tigger 'hit kid' at Walt Disney World Im not sure if somebody already posted this, but i couldnt find anything related. I read this on MSN today. Sunday Jan 7 17:30 AEDT AP - A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character Tigger is accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said. Park officials temporarily suspended Michael J. Fedelem while they investigate the accusations, Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said. "Naturally, physical altercations between cast members and guests are not tolerated," Suarez said Saturday. Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that." A message left by The Associated Press for Monaco was not immediately returned. A telephone listing for Fedelem could not be located. In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not guilty.

The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that." Translation: "Disney is rolling in money and I want a piece of that." The fact that he says the tape only shows a fraction of what happened leads me to believe that it's definitely an attempt to get some money out of Disney for something that didn't happen or has been massively over-exaggerated.

The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that." Translation: "Disney is rolling in money and I want a piece of that." The fact that he says the tape only shows a fraction of what happened leads me to believe that it's definitely an attempt to get some money out of Disney for something that didn't happen or has been massively over-exaggerated.
Well said Richard. It's just another on of them people who try to make money by sueing large companies for something they are not guilty of. Unless I see this video, I think the guy is lieing.....

I saw this story on seven news today, he hit the 'kid' (really a teenager) in the face!, and he was very hardly hit.
Dunno what video you saw but the teenager clearly does something to Tiggers back. Tigger then turns around to put his hand on the teenagers shoulder to push him away, and his head just happens to get in the way. Remember you cant see much in those costumers. It was clearly an accident caused by the idiot teenager trying to do somehting stupid.

Two things that are obvious from watching the video: 1. The kid did not get punched. He was pushed. 2. The kid deserved to get punched, then knocked to the ground, then beaten. Ideally with pieces of wood. There's nothing in it, the Dad has seen a shot at free money, and had a crack at suing them. What I want to know is, does the Dad have to pay the worker for lost wages when his case gets dismissed?

Edited by joz

RAPE. Just kidding. I hate suit performers. I don't go near them. It could be like.. an middle aged freak with a beard inside it. GROSS.
In my personal experience, most of the costumed performers, unless the suits were tediously heavy and bulky, were usually worn by women. They seem to have more of an "affectionate" touch with the kids. Shrek at wonderland for example - most of the time a guy would be in Shrek, but princess, farquard, and donkey were all gals...