Sign in to follow this  
bluman

Myer Roof Top Carnival (Melbourne)

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone else recall the Roof Top Carnival at the Myer Store in Melbourne. It had a number of attractions including a pretzel style train and a number of animatronic scenes similar to their Christmas Windows. It only operated in the lead up to Christmas and through the school holidays. You accessed it through the toy department on the 6th Floor of the Lonsdale Street Store. I fondly remember it as a kid and do recall going there many times after the obligatory visit to Father Christmas. Does anyone have any further information or any pictures? Cheers, Bluman ps: I can check with Myer's Publicity Department, but I am aware Myer dispensed with alot of its History and Museum Collection in the 90's in a clean up.

Was that on the roof or actually in the toy department? we use to go to the toy department and ride the train for hours. Don't remember one being on the roof of Myers though (if thats what you meant)

You entered from the Toy Department and via the covered walkway. From the Rialto Tower you can see the remains of what it once was!

Interesting, never heard of that and I was always on the toy department. Was it a lot of fun? apparently my brother remembers it from when he was a kid which was 11 years before me so thats probably why I don't know it lol.

Edited by lisalila