No. of times to visit various themeparks

velo

I will be on the Gold Coast for about 10 days, how many times should I visit each themepark? I will be going to: Dreamworld Movieworld Seaworld WetNWild Of course I wont just be going to theme parks for 10 days, but I am unsure which theme park is worth going to again, and if so how many times. I think some of you may be surprised at my query, but actually its partly to have a rough idea of each park's fun factor. Thanks :D

Edited by joz

How about you get a Summer Pass to go to MW and SW, and then get a world pass to WWW and DW. That's 5 days knocked out, and 5 days to do other stuff such as go shopping. Did you know the Gold Coast has the highest amount of shopping centres per capita for Australia?

Since you are visiting in March one day is probably enough for each. But for what you are planning to do I'd recomend getting both a Super Pass and a World Pass. The Super pass will give you unlimited and unrestricted entry into Seaworld, Movie World and Wet'n' Wild for the duration of your trip (the pass actually lasts 14 days) so if you come across a park you really enjoyed you are free to return. The World pass gives you two days (But your second day visit can be as much as 14 days after your first) entry to both dreamworld and white water world (this park is worth putting on your itenerary) Since you are visting all these parks these passes work out cheaper anyway, but you get the added flexiblity of being able to return, and then it doesnt really matter about how many times you will visit because you will be able to decide at the end of each day. But I mean, people say Movie World is a one day park, but i liked it so much i decided to go back again. I also went to Wet n Wild twice so ultimatley it is up to you and what you found fun.

The Super Pass is the best way to go for SW, MW and WnW. It doesn't cost extra then if you were going to buy a one day admission to each park separately, plus it gives you the flexibility to come back and do the parks again if you missed something, or just want to spend more time at the park. Really, everyone on the boards can tell you how much time they would spend at each park, but everyone is different, and it just depends on what you like to do. DW offer the World Pass, which is good for 2 days, and probably the best option if your on holiday (Why there isn't a pass that allows more visits is a mystery). Plus it gets you into WWW, which is well worth having a look at.

Yeah i guess I'll get the super pass then. But i remembered when i was in gold coast few years back, there were stalls and shops in various shopping centres selling such passes at discounted prices. Do they still exist, i am unsure as to purchase the eticket online now or buy when i am there. Gazza : Why do u say that since its March, one day should be enough? There is not much traffic? Or because its the rainiest month of the year. Maybe i really shouldn't have come during March =\ I will be going to Wet 'N' wild, will WhiteWaterWorld be worth my time? I'm a fan of those super fast slides, and the one which take the ride on a mat. My country used to have one like that and u can get lift off at the mild denudations along the slope down.

Edited by joz

Is it really that hard to do everything at Dreamworld in a day? Anyway, Sea World is disappointing for people like me who don't like animals/exhibits :(. I went there once years ago and i don't think I'll be going back unless they get some major new thrill ride. But thats me.

Velo, dont worry about the weather. Australia is sunny, and even though March is the raniest month, it is still not all that rainy. Chances are it will be mostly dry. Its not like March is a month where it just pours down every single day, you will be fine. The month is quiet because its school term and because it isnt summer. And White Water World will be worth it, everybody seems to love it, and its got some very interesting and unique rides, and the "BRO" slide sounds like just your thing, you go on mats at 70km/h, racing against 7 other people, and each lane has a 360˚ spiral tunnel followed by 3 dips you can get lift off on. And Okguy, I'd say DW can be done in a day quite well. Since you dont like animal exhibits thats the whole back section of the park you can skip. Do Cyclone, GD and TOT first thing in the morning, maybe thunder river too and the rest of the day just do the rest. I went in peak season and only spent one day there (even though i had a 2 day pass) and even then i had ventured into the wildlife bit and wasted time on the big red car ride.

Gee gazaa u answered a lot of my questions in a single post. Thanks man... really looking forward to my Gold Coast trip now! Oh yea, any buses to Coolangatta airport? Gotta catch a flight to Sydney after my fun at the gold coast. Sorry for turning this thread into a trip discussion On a sidenote, anyone here familiar with Gold Coast, need some help as i won't be there on tour. Felt tt i could see more if i ventured on my own :lol:

Hmm buses from where i will be staying. I will be staying at Islander Resort Hotel, just some basic apartment. of the 10 days i'll be there, 6 (4 + 2) will be for the themeparks, leaving 4 days for the rest. Anyone has any recommendations on how i should spend my time? Visiting shopping centres (Pacific Fair, Australia Fair), or should i rent a vehicle to Tambourine mts... etc

velo your accommodation is in the heart of Surfers. You can get a surfside bus (shuttle) to your hotel (or safest drop off point) just see the Surfside counter next to the luggage belt. Or you can get the mini shuttle to the hwy and then a click on route 700,760 & 765 for timetable from GC airport You get off @ the stop b4 apple park. then walk thru the bus station or walk up Beach Rd (you must cross the road when you get off the bus) Walk up Beach Rd. Turn right @ the lights then a 1 min walk. The entrance is on the right hand side. Hope this helps.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Nice, thanks. Are you from the area, you seem to know the place pretty well... :) Btw, i need to rent a car, do you know of any companies that rent to under 21s? I am 21 this year, but my bday is right at the end of the year (Oct) hence making me 20 at time of rental. Any idea what would the cost per day be like too?

Edited by velo

Nice, thanks. Are you from the area, you seem to know the place pretty well... :) Btw, i need to rent a car, do you know of any companies that rent to under 21s? I am 21 this year, but my bday is right at the end of the year (Oct) hence making me 20 at time of rental. Any idea what would the cost per day be like too?
I live in Melbourne but visit every 3-4 months. My last visit was 2 weeks before the Indy. When my cousin and his wife visited we rented a car from Budget (he was 19) in Brisbane (CBD as the airport had no cars) as we were arriving into Brisbane. They rent to under 21's. Click here for budget rent a cars There's also a sh*tload of cheap car rentals on the Coast but not sure if they rent under 21. I'll check for you. Check back later. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Whoa thats very helpful. Thanks a lot! Anyway at your advice i went to check out Budget car rental, however when i declared that i am below 25, there was a pop-up stating that i will need to produce insurance of some soft. You have any idea what is that? For one i know renters below 25, esp those below 21 will have to pay a lot (and really a lot) more than the usual rental fee.

Edited by velo

My friend rented a car from budget when she was 20 and the only insurance she had to give was a $300 deposit. That was in 2004 though, not sure if it's the same now but good luck :) If you are flying Virgin though go with Europecar (not sure if they rent to under 25's), you get a discount if you show you're boarding pass.