New Coaster for WBMW in 07/08 ?

AugustVonPolen

Hello, at the German Board onride i found a Link wich says that MovieWorld Germany will get a SurfRider Coaster from Intamin. Click(and go to page 10.) But for Germany this is not possible, because the park get other rides and coasters this year and a DiskoCoaster, too. The Surfrider should be a Halfpipe wich is nearly the same as Disko Coaster. And Movie Park disclaimed that on theirPreview2007 Page At least Moviepark were called MovieWorld at the News. So is it possible that WBMW get the Coaster? Did anyone heare about that rumor? Greets Auge

Edited by AugustVonPolen

I can see where you are coming from here. However, the half pipe coaster that you have mentioned is supposed to be installed into Seaworld not Movieworld. But there have also been people saying that any off the two parks could end up getting the Half Pipe coaster. It looks like a simple typo to me. Insted of writting MovieWORLD they have wrote down MoviePARK. CoasterBoy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

I say no half pipe and bring us a multidimension. lolz. I can dream right?
Yeah, just not in this thread. Im going to say though that I think this coaster is coming here and not to Germany, there are just too many bits of evidence that are all coming together. -The fact it will be a surfrider coaster (If anyone read the John Menzies interview posted on Ozcoaster he did mention the fact it would "give a sensation like surfing" -The fact the article in Parkworld refered to Movie World and not Movie Park, i think since the magazine is European they simply may have made the assumption the ride was going to Germany -The rumors that the ride would be going to MW instead of SW -And the fact Movie Park has already established what they are adding. But given that, I would rather see the ride at SW. Even I am stumped as to how this sort of ride could lend itself to being themed to a Warner film, yet it could probably work better at SW with a surfing theme. Also having a look on google maps satellite http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.955304,...p;t=k&hl=en you can see there are quite a few spots where it could sit in quite nicley, It wouldnt be sqashed at all. In fact if you have a look at this photo here http://www.coasterclub.org/gallery/display...=115&pos=11 you can see the ride is actually quite small and could be chucked in anywhere, heck they could even steal a small chunk of the waterpark and place it basically where the tobbogan slide used to be. Edited by Gazza

Really now of all the WVTP properties the one that would seem most likely to receive any attraction themed to surfing would quite possibly be the one where you're in your swimmers and are kind of like being at the beach... Which park would that be? I know it sounds crazy but just remember this post should a surfrider coaster show up at a waterpark that's not next to Dreamworld.

I'm a little confused.. I heard WVTP had aquired two new rides for 07 with no plans to add a newwie to WnW, SW & MW again being the contenders.. Anyway, I guess it's not essential a new ride be built at MW this year, they have had a good run in that department. I would like to see Matrix go and hear rumours of it's demise (for something new for September??). I'm also aware of an Australian Idol attraction going in to the old Maverick venue this year. Members of the public will be encouraged to compete in a once daily show and rumours suggest the best one will actually wind up in the top 12 of the actual show. If that's the case, we'll be seeing a lot of wannabes making the pilgrimage to the Park over the season. Sorry but I am just not excited by this. I don't know how other people feel about it? Anyway, clearly it won't be a perm addition so I guess maybe it really is time for the Police Academy to run it's last show? I wouldn't miss it because I have seen it way too many times although it really really is a hard act to follow.

I'm also aware of an Australian Idol attraction going in to the old Maverick venue this year. Members of the public will be encouraged to compete in a once daily show and rumours suggest the best one will actually wind up in the top 12 of the actual show. If that's the case, we'll be seeing a lot of wannabes making the pilgrimage to the Park over the season. Sorry but I am just not excited by this. I don't know how other people feel about it?
Ewwwww! No. :huh: Please, do not do this. In what way does Australian Idol have anything to do with Movie World? I'm sick of seeing all these talent shows, with people who have no talent.
Anyway, clearly it won't be a perm addition so I guess maybe it really is time for the Police Academy to run it's last show? I wouldn't miss it because I have seen it way too many times although it really really is a hard act to follow.
I'd love to see a new show come into the park with plenty of action, explosions, cars and comedy. While saying this, I'd love to see Police Academy Show stay. It's a great show, no matter how many times you've seen it. Maybe they could write a new script for it, change it a little bit? Because, I went to Movie World in 1995 and 2004 and it was exactly the same show as I saw when I went in October 2006.
Anyway, I guess it's not essential a new ride be built at MW this year, they have had a good run in that department. I would like to see Matrix go and hear rumours of it's demise (for something new for September??).
I guess this is true. With the latest addition of Batwing Space Shot, and Superman Escape. They don't really need another new ride, like Dreamworld. Also, I'd like to see Matrix go.

To simulate boarding a log flume? Ill second that though, a half pipe at WnW would be grossly over capitalising and really not fitting in with what is on offer. Why cant it just go to SW? They could do with another ride as has been discussed before. But just reflecting on djrappas post, a water park that isnt next to DW doesnt necessarily have to be WnW...think about the 'other' waterpark. If it were there it would be in a dry park anyway.