Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that was me that suggested that Thrill Fix thing, but hey, I may be wrong. Now I do think about it though, the Big 6 Thrill Fix tagline would have worked like a charm for advertising, but you can't really go around saying "Big 6 Thrill Fix" on it's own. It needs more than just that tag line.

Thanks for the pics Saberon! It seems like the shell of the station is nearly finished, but the site is really messy. What is with that tank in the middle of the track, aren't they going to put it somewhere so they can catch water!! :huh: It's been there for weeks. Anyway, I hope this ride opens in around two weeks, cause I'm going on the September holidays (week before the normal Queensland holidays). The only ride that will be closed during my trip is the TOT but I think it's got something to do with the Moto-coaster as it opens again on the 20th of Sep. This is the Thursday on my trip which isn't so bad but time will tell if this coaster is going to be running by then. Quick question: When you where at Dreamworld, did you see if the cannon bowls had advanced in their construction or did you just go to Dreamworld? CoAsTeRbOy8

Ok, I had a stop in this afternoon and I will tell you now that most of those pictures don't do the ride justice. It is actually quite attractive. I'm not sure how it will fit in with the theme of the rest of the area, but it is Dreamworld so you can kind of expect that. Umm, Saberon, how did you know that one of the trains has arrived? Can you see it anywhere or anything? EDIT: spelling related.

Edited by Churros

Woah! :blink: , this is very unexpected. I thought that the slides would take another couple weeks to finish construction. However, it looks like they'll be up and running in the next week or so. And I'm also amazed at the construction of the motor-coaster. The track seemed to have gone up really quickly and now the themeing/buildings construction and test-runs are already in full-force. I was hopping for this ride to be open when I go this year but it looks like It will just be test running. :angry: Oh well! At least I'll be able to ride the two new cannon-bowls. YAY! Hey quick question, When did you take the photos? It looked like a really awfull day when you went Lisalilla! I'd hate to be stuck at the themeparks then. LOL! CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Basically, they attach it front on to the train whilst doing the pull through and it represents the saftey margin around the track, and if that bit of wood gets caught on anything they have a big problem :P I remember when Superman was testing there was a wooden rectangle type thing they hung off the back of the train that represented where the superman dummy sits. There was a good pic of this process on Ozcoaster back when superman was being built but the picture is no longer online.

^Check out those videos from the Maverick site. The one about the pullthrough explains it pretty well. They basically take the train through the entire track very slowly to make sure that all of the track pieces are placed together properly and that the clearance, etc is safe enough. It is to ensure that if they send a launch train through the track it isn't going to face any problems.

This is a bit of topic and has nothing to do with how they test if the train can safely make it through. However, it's good news. :P I rang up Dreamworld today and they said that the Moto-coaster's opening date has been delayed becuase of the rain! They said that it is due to open up on the 30th of September, which is the last day of the month I think. So that's one new ride that I'll have to wait till next year to ride :angry: . CoAsTeRbOy8

This is a bit of topic and has nothing to do with how they test if the train can safely make it through. However, it's good news. :P I rang up Dreamworld today and they said that the Moto-coaster's opening date has been delayed becuase of the rain! They said that it is due to open up on the 30th of September, which is the last day of the month I think. So that's one new ride that I'll have to wait till next year to ride :angry: . CoAsTeRbOy8
It's been raining in SE QLD for a week. Today is the 1st day of sunshine. although yesterday it did stop raining until last nite.