Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to Dreamworld yesterday and actually couldn't see many containers. As for updates (barely), they have closed the Vintage Cars, and it seems they have pulled up the metal guiding tracks, torn down the queing area and removed the old bridge, so it is pretty clear that they will re-route the Vintage Cars and just make them fit in with the new coaster. In my opinion, I hope this thing launches toward the tower and sweeps around behind it. If they put in a tophat, it could very well be a different type, like a 90 degree entry or whatever. Inversions would be good too by the way. Preperation has started anyway, so only time will tell now :)

There is still a while before this thing can really be judged. Yeah, it might be a bit slower or whatever, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to be as thrilling. There was rumours flying around saying it might be launched to 75-80 km/h or something along those lines. That is still remarkably quick, regardless of what is down the road. And the track layout is pretty unknown to the majority of us, so there is every possibility this thing could have a whole range of exotic little elements. The other factor that remains undisclosed is with respect to the nature of the seating. We know it is going to be in the form of a motorbike, but we haven't seen an Intamin model before, and they may have a unique take on this also.

Well what else could they be for if they're not something to do with a new ride? :P
The other day I drove past the port of Melbourne, going by the number of shipping containers, there must be hundreds of new rides being built. Also, I might repeat a point I have said before, but if you want to subscribe, but don't have a credit card, pay via money order, I'm sure you are all old enough to go down to the post office and get one. Edited by Gazza

The other day I drove past the port of Melbourne, going by the number of shipping containers, there must be hundreds of new rides being built.
Haha! Yep. I was just thinking something along those lines. I am pretty sure I spied a heap of shipping containers next to Lethal Weapon the last time I was at Movieworld as well! Anyway, I agree that just because it is family orientated doesn't mean it will probably be good. After all Scooby Doo was never meant to be a high adrenalin, top speed thrill ride and it is great. And the best part is that if you want something bigger and all that, Dreamworld is more than likely not going to take up a lot of space installing this thing, so there is still plenty of room for expansion in later years.

Holy Crap! Avis Vintage Cars is closed during construction of a brand new attraction opening later in the year? When did this all happen? I didn't realise it was closed! OOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhh - a BRAND NEW ATTRACTION is going to open later in the year.... I wonder what it could be? *For those of you too inept to decipher, this post has been specially coated with a layer of Sarcasm*

I too, use the View New Posts link on the front page, however, if I come to a thread I haven't read in a while, or, I come across a thread I have never read before, I do take the time out to read back through the thread - even if it is 5 or 6 pages long, to ensure what I want to say hasn't been said before. I said what I said primarily because it appeared the user had joined for the sole purpose of making that comment, which to me said that they had previously read that thread, and decided to join as a result.

I went to DW today and I was like wow! The vintage car thing is all gone, the whole area has been like buldozed, it is all dirt! and there were machines working on stuff, well like 2 but still :P + the rapids were closed so they drained em! + the TOT broke down! Sooooooo funny! 2 turns after us, it zoomed off then went slower n slower then stopped!

Hence what I said before, Dreamworld has become sad. They aren't managing the park anymore. Tell me, What happened to the Mine Ride? Whats happened to Tower Of Terror? Whats meant to replace ThunderBolt? You don't remove attractions/rides and don't replace. It'd rather go to movie world any day now. Anyways, Back on topic. If Dreamworld REALLY does want to get back into the Theme park market they'd want to make this coast extremely good and a major attraction. They've fallen behind, and WhiteWater World won't pick them back up. Gazza, could you draw your version of how you'd like this ride to be? I really enjoy viewing your drawings on rides and theming. ^_^

WWW is where the thunderbolt was
Correction: WWW will be where thunderblot was if theres a extension in the future, and that part of land has been used over the years with their circus like show a couple of years ago and a part of flow rider is on the thunderbolt site. The old station has been refitted a couple of times from a cyclone shop to a flow rider one. I am impressed in how they have used the old site.

Correction: WWW will be where thunderblot was if theres a extension in the future, and that part of land has been used over the years with their circus like show a couple of years ago and a part of flow rider is on the thunderbolt site. The old station has been refitted a couple of times from a cyclone shop to a flow rider one. I am impressed in how they have used the old site.
Impressed, how? Why? They've just whacked a shop in there for a ride and themed the building for that ride. How's that impressing? It's stupid. It's done nothing for the park except maybe raise merchandise sales. You should never remove a major ride or a coaster, and not replace it.

For one thing chaos that ride was dead and gone before it was torn down, when they tore it down they already had the cyclone up and running. Dreamworld have had their holiday shows on the land and the flow rider has been built with the station being used for alternative things other than leaving it there and looking grossly out of place. I think that is more impressive than just closing down a ride and leaving it there like they did with the mine ride.

Gazza, could you draw your version of how you'd like this ride to be? I really enjoy viewing your drawings on rides and theming. ^_^
Hmmm, I feel the motorbike coaster is very limiting in terms of theme; its pretty much going to be racing related (Though I guess a chase theme is another option, but to pull that off is a bit out of DWs reach) I was sort of just thinking of this old time motoring theme to it, sort of like with the vintage cars. When that eventually re-opens the two would share a common thread with their themes.

I hope this is done well in terms of visual appeal. If the vintage cars and this is to co-inhibit the area, it would be nice to see them give it a small visual revamp. And I think Chaos-Maniac just wants to see another one of your pics Gazza! I will be honest, but I don't think I was around here to see any of them yet, but I have heard good things.