Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

Looks interesting. I am glad to see Dreamworld putting in the effort to redevelop some of the areas. Definately looks like Booster bikes will head straight into a turn. I wonder if it will be a low-riding turn that maintains the force and speed around that bit, or move into a rise. I wonder how keeping the thing low effects the launch/short launch and safety brakes system. Very omonous signs for Eureka though. I hope they do something meaningful with it. Maybe they may redo Gold Rush country next year? Add something new or something. I donno.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope the Mine ride gets reopen. It's one of my fav rides.
Yes, it's a classic, though it seems as if Richo has lost all hope about its future: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/coaster.php?cid=3
I only hope they put in a Mega-coaster next. tongue.gif http://www.coasterforce.com/Superman_Ride_of_Steel
<Bangs head against wall> Could you quit posting half baked ideas with a " :P " smilie at the end! I'd love to see a Mega coaster built as much as the next person, but there is no point going off topic with random ideas that DW will never do. Edited by Gazza

Talked to a staff member who was a little tight lipped, but was nice while waiting for queue on wipeout. Said it was a motorcycle rollercoaster, that its intended to be a thrill ride and that they are aiming for a septemberish opening. (btw they are aware of chat on the internet saying that info was alreay on the net hehe) Saw the track layout from giant drop, unable to take a photo unfortunately. It might look like a lowset rollercoaster but i don't think its that short seemed to have many many turns. The foundation work i'd say is over 60% done. I'm excited about it :) If i can sort my smartphone issues i should be able to post some photos from yesterday.

Everyone doubted Whitewater World and look how it turned out... Although it's looking "bare", it's in its very early stages. They are footers, you can barely make out a ride pattern from footers. Well, not enough to judge a ride anyway.

mmm I can't figure out the ride pattern from the photos, as yet. All I know is that it's a thrill ride with a somewhat rectangular foot print that is quite long in one direction goes all the way from edge of wiggles world all the way along to the giant drop area. But in the other axis its not extremely wide. Looking at the size of superman's footprint which the coaster section is really quite compact, i'd say that this one isn't tiny layout probably an average sort of sized one. Will be good to see how it develops over the next few months.

That's quite correct in just about every other construction context, but for some reason the coaster world has always referred to them as footers to the point where it's become the accepted norm. Do a Google search for coaster footers and coaster footings and you'll see what I mean with the number of results you get for each. Good point AlexB... don't know how I didn't notice that before. Consider it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got of the phone with dreamworld and the expected opening time for the coaster will be determined along with the promotion of the ride once they can determin they are on schedule with construction. She did however say an opening will be before the christmas holidays along with the vintage cars which will be reopened at around the same time.