Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this for real!!! Whoa, looks like they have gone with the booster bike. I like it how there are going to be to intamin accelerater coaster on the Gold Coast :). Just a Question AugustVonPolen, How do you get that magazine? Do you have to subscribe or do you have to pay money for it? CoasterBoy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Its a Link from the German Onride Board. I didnt kow more about the magazine, Sorry. The Boosterbike from Vekoma is a good coaster and makes a lot of fun. A MotorcycleCoaster from Intamin must be Very very Good. :rolleyes:I dont kow if its real. They came with lots of unknown News. -Coaster for WBMW or MP Germany -BallCoaser Terra Mitica -Mega Coaster Tobu Zoo -Wooden Coaster Everland - and last but not least the DreamworldThing Hope no Hoax in it. Greets Auge

Park World certainly seems to be a reputable magazine (from what I can gather from a couple of quick Google searches). It has been confirmed though that Movie Park Germany will not be receiving a new Intamin coaster as suggested in that magazine. Perhaps their source on this is not 100% reliable? It would be great to see Dreamworld get a new Intamin coaster.

Can i change the order of that post :P

I've never ... seen what they look like or how they run/work (but) I'm not too keen on the motocylcle style concept.
Im not complaining though, a second Accelerator for Australia sounds awesome and It will be interesting to see how Intamin approaches the problem. Im putting down a bet now on a Rita style layout to give that racetrack feel, but with a sort of family oriented layout.

Ok, everybody, let's play a game!! It's called: How would you theme this new coaster to Dreamworld?. How to play is very simple. Just describe where you would put the coaster and then how would you theme it. Mabey there could be a story line included? Anyway, would this accelerator coaster work alot like Superman, with the hydralic launch but with people sitting in a motorcycle position?? CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

See, that's why we need international members all the time, to tell us stuff that's been announced overseas but not here yet. Many thanks :) Also special mention to Nev, who correctly wished for a Motorbike Coaster in the "Future Dreamworld Thrill Ride" thread. Still, judging by the article I guess its official, Australian Theme Parks are in love with Intamin. What with the ToT, GD, Claw, Thunder River boats at DW, and Superman at MW, as well as the roulette ball that is the Half-Pipe then that's nearly one new Intamin Ride every 2 years for about a decade. Nice to see that Intamin's Australian office is getting a good bit of work. As for the ride itself, well really, a launch coaster for DW would have to have something different about it to not be labeled a Superman Rip-off. A Motorbike coaster fits that bill nicely and should be quite marketable. The fact its a world first also looks great on the TV ads, regardless of if its only due to a technicality.

Hopefully they'll use the land which Blue Lagoon once occupied.
What difference does that make? Edited by joz

Well, I think the Eureka site is out because its a launched coaster so it needs a fairly long launch zone as well as wide turns and IMO the eureka site can really only fit a compact coaster. Ideally the site would be fairly linear and an idea I have had for a while is the model T lane area with a sort of out and back layout. Also, i think its going to be entirely different to Superman, we have to remember that they were orignally going for a mine train so obviously their market research told them the ride would have to appeal to a family audience, given that I cant imagine it being pushed as something scary etc, just thrilling and fun.

What difference does that make?
None really. Although, I think having a new major attraction at the other side of the park, away from Ocean Parade would help 'filter' the guests around the park more. Which, I think is really needed. :)
Ideally the site would be fairly linear and an idea I have had for a while is the model T lane area with a sort of out and back layout.
That sounds alright. However, would they be able to make the coaster go above and under the Tower Of Terror track? And, maybe going out over the water at all?