Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

Oh, LOL sorry about that, I felt like writing it the proper way for a change, but the ֿ¹ is just the way you write it in physics and it means the same thing. Those who play RCT/RCT2 might have seen this convention used when you look at how fast your coaster is going. But if you know your index laws you can see how they mean the same thing below (Ive explained this in a couple of ways below, look at one or the other) post-88-1169007282_thumb.jpg

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got some info from a source of mine, the coaster will be linking over to the island in the middle and having its major loop there.
Yay! :) I always knew they'd make a roller coaster link to the island. When you say, loop. Do you mean a inversion loop? I thought this was ment to be a family/thrill coaster? Also, I hope this means they are going to start using the island for more rides. Maybe it could be a whole new 'world'? :P

Only, one worry about your source Mattcrombie :(. I'd like to know how you will be able to do inversions with this particular style of seating? However, your source could mean a horizontal loop? :huh: Anyway, did your source tell you anything about how fast this ride will be travelling at?

Also, I hope this means they are going to start using the island for more rides. Maybe it could be a whole new 'world'?
I think this is a really great idea, especially because that area of the park does not really get alot of people. CoasterBoy6

I was thinking the same thing about the inversion on this style of ride, but Intamin could have something new and a way to make it happen. So its just some time, and we will see what they come up with. Also i tryed to find out as much as i could, and nothing about the speed. But I will try and source more in the weeks to come.

Okay I have many things to say here :) Firstly I'm with Nev, unless you've been on one of these things you can't judge it. They are pretty awesome, Velocity was a damn great ride, I even thought that if you took of the handly bars and only had the back half of the restraint it could be used as a whole different style of flying coaster. The forces you get are really interesting, plenty of airtime and a solid launch, a really good ride IMO. I think it's damn funny that firstly two days ago we knew nothing of Dreamworld getting this ride. Then already there is at least one post saying how they thing the ride will be lame and not meet our expectations. GEEZE guys just wait until they at least anounce it before you start bashing it with unfounded ideas. Secondly I find it VERY hard to believe that people already have sources on the inside about what this ride will be. Past precident has shown that no one can keep their mouth shut with secrets on new rides, so I'm pretty sure if people knew about this before Ian brought it to our attention we would have seen something posted... ...just something I found funny, and always do on forums when new rides are annouced...

Secondly I find it VERY hard to believe that people already have sources on the inside about what this ride will be. Past precident has shown that no one can keep their mouth shut with secrets on new rides, so I'm pretty sure if people knew about this before Ian brought it to our attention we would have seen something posted... ...just something I found funny, and always do on forums when new rides are annouced...
How very untrusting of you rappa. I think you should take into consideration the reputation of the individual members before making assumptions that the info is false. My information (regarding the rides location) came from my source who was involved with WhiteWater World. He proved to be a very reliable source. Richard and Gazza can back me up on this one as I relayed plenty of accurate information to them in private messages well before any of WWW's rides were revealed. You can also count on the info from mattcrombie regarding the rides layout. It will certainly be info at least that matt has received from his own contacts who work at the park

Okay I have many things to say here :) Firstly I'm with Nev, unless you've been on one of these things you can't judge it. They are pretty awesome, Velocity was a damn great ride, I even thought that if you took of the handly bars and only had the back half of the restraint it could be used as a whole different style of flying coaster. The forces you get are really interesting, plenty of airtime and a solid launch, a really good ride IMO. I think it's damn funny that firstly two days ago we knew nothing of Dreamworld getting this ride. Then already there is at least one post saying how they thing the ride will be lame and not meet our expectations. GEEZE guys just wait until they at least anounce it before you start bashing it with unfounded ideas. Secondly I find it VERY hard to believe that people already have sources on the inside about what this ride will be. Past precident has shown that no one can keep their mouth shut with secrets on new rides, so I'm pretty sure if people knew about this before Ian brought it to our attention we would have seen something posted... ...just something I found funny, and always do on forums when new rides are annouced...
How very untrusting of you rappa. I think you should take into consideration the reputation of the individual members before making assumptions that the info is false. My information (regarding the rides location) came from my source who was involved with WhiteWater World. He proved to be a very reliable source. Richard and Gazza can back me up on this one as I relayed plenty of accurate information to them in private messages well before any of WWW's rides were revealed. You can also count on the info from mattcrombie regarding the rides layout. It will certainly be info at least that matt has received from his own contacts who work at the park
Well i guess there's your answer djrappa. Just because it's "not" announced in a public forum doesn't mean that no one knows about it. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

And also, there is a fourth company that makes Motorbike coaster (this was revealed in 2004), see http://www.schaefer-amusement.com/
Here some more Informations about Schäfers Coaster, i´ve totaly forgotten, because it never came. The Inovation is from 2004 and at this time they thought about a realisation for 2006, but this not happened. Also there will be no SchäferMotorcycle Coaster in 2007 and for 2008 is nothing announced, too.

Well dw rulz, how great of you two quote two complete posts in your response. I'm sorry but that's a person forum pet peve of mine, right up there with people feeling the need to re-post photos from other peoples posts just to talk about them, I find it really annoying. And just to clarify I never said that their information WAS COMPLETELY FALSE AND MADE UP. I said I find it hard to believe that if they had this info which was private and not to be shared before it was uncovered, they would now be freely talking about it. Just because one source uncovered something about the ride, doesn't mean its suddenly okay to release your privledged information, I hope people realise that.

Lol, I dont realy have a problem with it, ever since DW stopped involving sites with media events etc then I dont really see the point in "maintaining a good relationship". I mean what are they going to do now if they find out people are talking about rides early? They dont support us anyway so they cant really do anything. But obviously GoGoBoy knows what he is doing, his contact would have said what is ok to say and what isn't. I think the main reason nobody knew about the ride prior is because nobody thought to ask.

My source reckoned it looked pretty wussy though, a relatively small layout with only 3 'circles'. That's all the info I could get.
Noooo no GoGoBoy, dont say that! Wait for the offical press release from the park with regard to how many helixes it will have :rolleyes: And DWRulz, have a look at how other people do quoting, delete off all the other bits of the post and only have the relevant bit. Edited by Gazza

We will just have to see how thrilling it is. Dreamworld has always seemed to push the 'extreme' ride market, and they have certainly invested enough in 'family' market. It definitely looks like they are trying to release a world first and compete against movieworld's accellerator without using an identical ride type. An inverting motorcycle launched coaster... sounds interesting to me. Oh and once they start construction I wouldn't be surprised if it went up quite fast. Sooner its finished sooner they will have higher attendance and sooner they can get rid of interuptions that major park attractions can cause. Although I do know they will try and keep it as quiet as they can, but they will never keep things completely unknown. Things always leak hehe is inevitable.

Lol, I dont realy have a problem with it, ever since DW stopped involving sites with media events etc then I dont really see the point in "maintaining a good relationship". I mean what are they going to do now if they find out people are talking about rides early? They dont support us anyway so they cant really do anything.
Guys is there really bad blood between the site and dreamworld because of the media relationship rules? is that why no one seems to be overtly excited about the prospect of a new coaster? bar a couple of people

Guys is there really bad blood between the site and dreamworld because of the media relationship rules? is that why no one seems to be overtly excited about the prospect of a new coaster? bar a couple of people
People don't seem excited because for some reason they have instantly dismissed this is as a small, slow, un-thrilling ride, despite the fact that nobody knows anything about it.

I'm excited about it!! :) I'm really interested to see what Intamin can do with this style of coaster. None of us can really complain or say anything about the ride, because like Nev said, NONE of us really know anything about the ride. Its all word of mouth... And we all know that sometimes that kind of information isn't correct. I'm not saying that the information we have heard isn't correct. I just think we should wait for Dreamworld to make an official announcement about it, then anyone who wants to say something about the ride, can! I think its going to be awesome! :)

Edited by tom

It's semi-official isn't it? Didn't they say it was from Intamin themselves? (Or I could be mistaken). Will this be a world first? :) There's already other motorbike coasters, but maybe this could be the first inverting one. We can dream!
Hasn't DW only allocated about 6 mill for the year? If this is the case then can we assume that it won't be a big ride with inversions etc due to the small budget?

But last year they spent less (only Dorothys Rosy Teacups Ride and Nightmares and Flowrider) These would be a fair bit less than $6 mil. The way the capital expenditure allotment is set up means if they dont spend it, it just gets put aside for the future. So they actually would have plenty for a coaster.

If the coaster does actually end up going over the lake and across to the island as we have heard is a possibility, then that alone is a reason to be very excited. Just another small piece of news - as with most of DW's latest additions, the coaster is going to be themed by Atomiq. So you can expect the theming to be fairly decent

Edited by GoGoBoy

it would be a very unique experience wouldnt it sitting on a motorbike instead of a chair.... but what i would really want to know is how they keep you in the seat without you holding onto your life with the risk of flying off and slamming into the tower of terror and getting squashed........ :blink::blink::blink: notice the hint of exagerattion ( if thats how its spelt :P ) btw hi richard flea gazza rabid and huss adam and others im bakkk!!!! lol