Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

I bet the ride's theme will have nothing to do with anything that's currently in the area - That's the way they have kept doing things for the last 5 major additions so why stop now?? It would be nice if they stuck to the appeal of the area and worked in themetic landscaping like rockwork and feux mountains but I very very much doubt that will happen. I was led to believe the ride was meant to go across to the island in the middle where most of it would take place. A "Tomb Raider" theme with temples and indoor SPFX scenes would be awesome but lets face it.. DW have never done anything quite so spectacular before, I'm not going to hold my breath for anything like that from them now. But u never no, I may be pleasantly suprised ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Vintage cars are re opening up behind the log ride.
Really!!??, this is strange. They must be making way for a lot of room. I hope, if they use so much land for the coaster, that they include some decent theming and some really cool special effects! Another thing that should be on every launch rollercoaster, and lacking on Superman, is a count down to the launch. I always thought that Superman should of had one of those set of lights that you see on surburban train tracks. It would go red, orange than green, and then you would launch.... Ahhhh, welll, I can dream!! CoasterBoy8

Really!!??, this is strange. They must be making way for a lot of room. I hope, if they use so much land for the coaster, that they include some decent theming and some really cool special effects! Another thing that should be on every launch rollercoaster, and lacking on Superman, is a count down to the launch. I always thought that Superman should of had one of those set of lights that you see on surburban train tracks. It would go red, orange than green, and then you would launch.... Ahhhh, welll, I can dream!! CoasterBoy8
I don't know bout your idea with the launch thing. Maybe MovieWorld wanted an original approach? Doing something different than the original countdown styled launch. This move for the Vintage cars, in my opinion is good. Why? Hopefully it's made the realise that they need something over the other side of the park, near the log flume/ride. And, it also creates more room for this new coaster. Hopefully they'll fully occupie that land with the coaster and theming.

Another thing that should be on every launch rollercoaster, and lacking on Superman, is a count down to the launch. I always thought that Superman should of had one of those set of lights that you see on surburban train tracks. It would go red, orange than green, and then you would launch.... Ahhhh, welll, I can dream!!
Personally I dont like that idea as the sound track is far superior at building tension than any signal lights could be. IMO it is a bit unoriginal to stick countdowns on every launch coaster, it really depends on the individual theme. I mean on Batwing Spaceshot it is effective because its supposed to be about the Batwing launching, but on Superman Escape the ride is about Superman giving you a powerful push to safety, so a countdown makes no sense. Its sort of a confused idea, half the people would see it as a gag since train lights dont normally act like that, and for the other half they would see it as a normal traffic light. Given that, one of the things I have always wanted to see on SE were some signal lights in the dark ride section, there would be one set at the station showing green and working fine, then further on down where the gas mains were breaking it would still be on green, but flickering, and finally at Metropolis Square station the light would be badly damaged and shaking along with the rest of the theming there. Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news that it is opening behind the Log Ride! Hopefully we'll see further development up into that stage. Chaos, nobody knows dates of anything right now. Nothing has been released, or confirmed. Patience is a virtue!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys. An Update we all have been killing for. I finally got sometime off to check it all out and see whats happening in Construction. So here are some pics , I covered the Booster Bike, Nightmares and New Vintage Cars area also Mine Ride: Booster Bike: dsc07812wf4.th.jpg dsc07753uw8.th.jpg dsc07760xs1.th.jpg dsc07758uy4.th.jpg dsc07813oa5.th.jpg Nightmare's: dsc07766qs1.th.jpg New Vintage Car Areas: The Track is Red, the Shed loading bay is up too. They are building a bridge at the moment dsc07802gl8.th.jpg vintagecarsnewareacopyiy2.th.jpg dsc07800nk2.th.jpg dsc07801ob0.th.jpg Mine Ride: Its all closed up and turned into eating area. dsc07769xh5.th.jpg Also, they had to Close the Tiger Area, as 1 tiger was in the wrong area at the wrong time and they got into a fight, so they had to close it all off while they moved it. The Nurse and other people were down at the area.

Thanks for that. I'm guessing that the 3rd pic is basically showing the launch footings on the right and the footings for the brakes in the distance on the left. It seems like Rita at the start as you just launch straight into a turn. Irrespective of what other people have said I think this will be a fun ride in a nice setting.

Thanks mattcrombie you've saved the day once again. I really needed that construction hit... I was starting to go through withdrawals. I can't personally work out much of the layout from those pics - can anyone see any surprises in there or anything of note? I'm assuming it won't be going out over the lake as was originally rumoured, which is a bit disappointing

Finally! A beacon of light! Thanks matt! Well from what I can see this is going to be a much needed upgrade for Dreamworld. It's shocking to see construction fences there! It's hard to believe it's actually happening. I think it's a great year for Dreamworld, considering that from what we know, Movie World is having a rest year and Sea World won't be installing any major thrill attractions. They really need to push the boundaries while they have this opportunity - attendance is down, rides are closing. Speaking of rides closing, look at that picture of Eureka. It's really upsetting. It looks like the ride is gone for good - at least for now. With such a huge ride for them, they really need a big hit of family rides as soon as possible, before their other rides start disintergrating before our eyes. I mean, it's 10 years now for the Tower Of Terror - that ride really set Dreamworld apart. There was something about it to me, and that something which I cannot pinpoint, has sadly drifted away. Sure, I'm loving the thrill rides at Movie World, but it still isn't the same as the buzz I used to get from Dreamworld. Hopefully that buzz will return soon. From what I can also see, the track hits the animal enclosures at some point? If so, I wonder what will happen with these animals... maybe they died :o This could possibly open up more development at this end of the park, but I tell you what - they need a new chairlift over there. I hate the hike!

Maybe instead they could rent (with deposit) those ECVs you see at Disneyland to the people actually too lazy to walk through the gate from ocean parade to WWW...it would be cheaper :P Hey, why are we talking about monorails anyway? I think the park railway does the job at getting people from the back of the park to the front, and getting to WWW is ridiculously simple with the cross park gate. But hey, if they want to waste millions that is their call.

Edited by Gazza