Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

How in the name of whoever can you tell from some photos of some footings and a few pieces of track, that this ride is going to be crap? The layout has not been finished yet, there maybe elements in there we know nothing of, there is so much we don't know. But you are happy to right it off over a couple of pictures. I don't get it.
I'm with you! :blink: You guys don't make sense to me. You cannot prejudge this via a few footings a pieces of track. Give it a few weeks/months. <_<

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How in the name of whoever can you tell from some photos of some footings and a few pieces of track, that this ride is going to be crap?
Geeze, its not that hard :rolleyes:post-88-1183533826_thumb.jpg This was a terrible choice for the park, its so boring. post-88-1183533843_thumb.jpg This ride will be awesome actually. post-88-1183533950_thumb.jpg UTTERLY CRAP RIDE!!!!!!!1111 post-88-1183534069_thumb.jpg Don't even talk to me about this one. Edited by Gazza

Those don't show the type of track and those supports could be huge.
One of them does :P
Dreamworld's has light tracks (low G's)
Could just be the trains are lighter, or as Skeetafly said because supports are more frequent.
the supports aren't very high.
Yeah, thats because they have only done the station and launch so far, so of course they aren't going to be high.

Gazza, I know this is a bit off topic but I was just wondering because its really annoying me, and I really want to know but what coaster is that you have the pictures of that you bag and what parks its at, its really been knacking me. Thanks! P.S. Our parks on the Gold Coast so need to get a huge B&M would be so fun, and awesome. So park people please listen to this, it would double capacity and make an awesome ride with heaps of inversions and height. Ok back onto topic now. Sorry for that I just needed to ask that question and say that thing, even though I already know its been said before I thought I would say it again. LOL :P

How does this theme of the coaster fit into River Town? Does this see the new theming of River Town?
It doesn't. It fits the theme of Wiggles World. They have already painted the paddle steamer those feral colours to fit in with it already. Expect this to be "Jeff's Slumber". Everyone is suppose to fall asleep on it and at the end there is an audio track that says... "wake up riders!" The only problem is after a couple of years Dreamworld will cut costs by not playing it, so capacity will drop.
I was never expecting anything too big since its family oriented, but I think the twisting layout and the launch will be what makes it interesting, its all going to come down to the speed it runs at, if its got a fast launch speed its going to belt through those turns and be a nuts experience.
From what I saw when I was there last time, there were probably two different courses the track could take. One is pretty similar to Rita, but with only two humps. The problem would be that the turn out of the first hump would be really tight. Could make things interesting though. The second is a little more complicated to explain. I think the best feature of this ride will be when the track crosses over itself creating the headchopper effect similar to Superman. Other than that, a low-riding tack that brushes near those trees etc, and the unique sitting position could build a degree of excitement.
And hey, since when do family rides suck? SDSC rocks.
But is it a 'family ride'? Dreamworld is talking Big 6 Thrill Rides.

Thanks for the pics. IMO i think that the turn should have a bit more banking than the limited or zero banking that it has now.

But is it a 'family ride'? Dreamworld is talking Big 6 Thrill Rides.
Big 6 thrill rides? Is this sarcasm? You can't tell over the internet... Edited by Swanny

I think what we are looking at is the brake run, no one would be moronic enough to not bank the first turn of a lunched coaster. I think the launch will run parrallel with the TOT from where you can see the transfer track for the second coaster. I think we all need to calm down a bit be a little more optomistic.... if we all sit here an bag it out and expect the worse, then we will get the worst.... and face it we will never see a massive B&M Dive machine... we just wont. we need to be happy with what we have got.... if you don't like it save up some money and go overseas and ride the big stuff :-) thats what i am doing... if you cant beat em join em i say!!

Big 6 thrill rides? Is this sarcasm? You can't tell over the internet...
No, I am being serious. From what I have heard once this thing is finished they will be saying Big 6 Thrill Rides, or they might change it to what T-Bone said... I donno. Either way they are not going to leave it at Big 5 Thrill Rides and not include a new coaster in the mix. As far as marketing goes then that sends a message that they concede this thing isn't a thrill ride. Unless of course they completely restructure their marketing campaign. But as I said, Dreamworld is talking Big 6 Thrill Rides. It is starting to look a little better now that it is coming together. Not long now and we can judge it for real.

I'm just back from tassie. God the ride has come along fast in a week. Btw i was told it was a thrill ride. No mention of family based attraction. I don't know where you guys got the idea it is a family ride? I don't know what it will be like because this attraction is brand new and as far as i am aware the only one of its type.

There seems to still be some lingering confusion about this ride's overall classification. By the nature of this new coaster, the g-forces will be lower. Unlike conventional sitdown coasters, there is limited rider back and neck support due to the sitting position. This severly limits what can be done force-wise, and thus what can be done in terms of ride elements. Now, if you think back to the advertising of Superman Escape and Batwing Space Shot, you will notice that they extensively featured teenagers and highlighted the "extreme" nature of the rides. Looking back a few years to The Claw, it also featured a similar style of commercial though to a lesser extent. Going back to Cyclone's debut, if anyone can remember, its TV commercials very purposely featured families riding the coaster; parents and 10-12 year old kids. No one will deny that Cyclone is a thrill ride, but at the same time, no one will deny that it's not a family oriented thrill ride. By the nature of the new coaster, in terms of overall impact it'll slot in somewhere behind Cyclone. In short it should be a much less daunting attraction, and as such far more accessible to the average family. One of the most popular family attractions on the Gold Coast is Wild West Falls. That ride is 20m tall and hits 70km/hr. Too many people seem to be hearing the word "family" and writing it off like we'll end up with another Wiggles attraction. Think fun, not intense. They're not topping Superman Escape; if that's what you want you probably will be disappointed.

Looks like it has a switch track. maybe for dual station? Looking forward to riding this thrill ride. Also use of box or triangular track segments aren't really nessicary large scale rides have used a smaller and probably quite alot cheaper track system including a 10 inverter. I'm pretty happy with it atm.

Looks like it has a switch track. maybe for dual station?
Nah, that is just for where the storage track is. Another thing to keep in mind is that for a dual station, there needs to be some sort of arrangement for people to enter/exit via the middle, such as a walkway in a trench, of which we can see no evidence of at the moment Edited by Gazza

Looking at the two vekoma booster bikes on you tube they look quite good- well fun at least. I wonder if intamin will put a crest hill at the end of our launch. Both vekoma booster bikes have some height, they dont spend to much time near ground height. But both seem to spread out alot further than the room we have available on site at the old nintage car site. only time will tell.

Well, with regards to height, you would expect that while it probably isn't going to reach massive heights, it probably won't be completely flat. Just look at Furious Baco, it is flat as but takes up a huge area. There are two things to be considered here. One, is the way in which Intamin uses its retractable breaking system. This thing will have to launch to an area higher than the station to have a backup plan for short shots. The second is that it will probably launch to anywhere between 60 and 70 km/h. While that doesn't sound like a lot, it could probably make it up a 20 metre high hill at an early stage? And the way that it is being designed in any case, the launch track will be a little way off the ground to start with. What will probably do an injustice to this ride is the fact that it will be dwarfed by the Dreamworld Tower next to it.