Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion

AugustVonPolen

Yeah, seems pretty ridiculous, especially since its only just opened so they should be running at peak capacity. If I were to visit now, I would probably wait that amount of time for the motocoaster given I haven't ridden it. But for anything else, like 2 hours, then 1.5 hours for Cyclone is a bit ridiculous, I'd never do it. Personally, I think if waits are getting to 1 hour on any ride in normal situations and on a regular basis (So not rides in their début season) then the park absolutely must look at underlying operational problems. Re ads068, I think its a bit much to not sell single day tickets, families could see the park in the day if they only went on kids rides, and also some people are content with only seeing some of the rides. Better ways of doing things could include running rides more efficiently, and of course extending the trading hours. Is it just me of does opening a park from 10am till 5pm seem a bit tight, the US parks I went to all opened at 9am, and at the earliest closed at 7pm, and often were open till late at night) I think our parks get the numbers, so they should look at widening trading hours, at least during all holiday periods. Works a treat at WnW.

Edited by Gazza

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to Dreamworld again today, the line got up to two hours long! It kept breaking down, Wipeout was down, Cyclone broke down twice, and Giant Drop had some of its seats not working, the lines for River Rapids and Log Flume were absoluetly ridicolous, everything else was quiet or emptying including The Claw and the Giant Drop wasn't that bad either. But I was appaled with with the two hour wait for MotoCoaster and only one train running as well, and don't worry so was every one else, but they still stood there!!! Cyclone when it wasn't broken down was a walk on, and the food prices was absolutely ridicolous, it seems they were worse than last time for no school holidays MotoCoaster was packed, something needs to be done about it.

2 hours, what a joke! The last major coaster I rode in its opening season was Superman, about 2 weeks after it opened and rode at least 10 times in one day. Here we are 2 weeks after the opening of this one and queues are hitting a whopping 2 hours, yes Superman can put through an extra 74 people per hour, but both rides have 2 trains, and separate load/unload platforms so they should not be getting 2 hour queues. Superman in 1 train operation never gets this bad. Even at SFMM, a park known for its terrible operations I never waited remotely close to that. They really need to lift their game, you can only seek to boost operating margins so much before it will send things backward, over a 1/4 of your day spent standing in line for a boring ride less than a minute in length really isn't good enough at all.

I was there on the 16th and there was hardly any ques. Motocoaster had two trains running fine and it was about a three cycle wait. Giant Drop and Cyclone was walk on. The Tower of Terror however was stuck at the bottom of the track. It was there for quite a while. I am going to be at Dreamworld for the whole week and then again the next friday, i think i will be sick of the place! Forgot to add my opinion of the ride: The first time around it was quite exciting but it felt like it got slower each time i rode it. But Pole Position is great as you get the full veiw of the track.

Edited by TommyDig

So, did anybody have any intention of posting any pics of everything now it has been completed? I'ts been open over a month, so all the theming would have been done, as would have the shop etc. Dunno, just comes across as a bit slack, I know when I am visiting something new and people haven't seen it I make an effort to get photos for the benefit of others. Surely there would be time to take photos in those 2 hour lines....

Edited by Gazza

So, did anybody have any intention of posting any pics of everything now it has been completed? I'ts been open over a month, so all the theming would have been done, as would have the shop etc. Dunno, just comes across as a bit slack, I know when I am visiting something new and people haven't seen it I make an effort to get photos for the benefit of others. Surely there would be time to take photos in those 2 hour lines....
Well when I went there just at the end of the Queensland school holidays the theming wasn't complete and it seemed to have been rushed open for the holidays, and I didn't get any pics because I forgot there was a place to put stuff, so I put it all in a locker.

Well when I went there just at the end of the Queensland school holidays the theming wasn't complete and it seemed to have been rushed open for the holidays, and I didn't get any pics because I forgot there was a place to put stuff, so I put it all in a locker.
They've done a bit more now. Landscaping is done with a few little trees planted around the place. Construction equipment is still there so I guess they haven't finished yet. Oh - and the sound effect has been altered so that it doesn't play when the car is coming in to load.

Thanks for all that, it really does show off the ride well. Though I'm still a bit confused about the section with all the Marquees...are they blocked off from public access, I suppose they would need to be to stop people from messing around with the stuff in them. But LOL, this ride takes product placement to to the max. I'm off to buy some Elf motor oil for the Honda motorbike that I'm ordering at the Sydney Motorcycle show.

In the queue line where it has the boards with all the riders (i think all different) are they sticker lick things (similar to ones found on the brick wall behind the claw)... if so then the queue line is going to get ugly in the future with these being ruined by the weather... knowing dreamworld they won't change these regularly...

Well, the theming all looks pretty meh to me, I mean those marquees with stuff in them sort of do push the live racetrack feel, but outside of that it just seems all pretty ordinary, for me chequer painted walls and a bunch of graphical signs (with a lot of them not even pertaining to the ride, such as the flowrider and max action ads) doesn't really constitute proper theming. The bright colours are also a bit of a turn off, it comes across as a candy coated attempt at theming rather than the realism I like. It seems Atomiq just come up with concepts that are just a hodge podge of elements relating to a central theme, there is no flow, and are often out there so it just ends up being weak.

How is the motocoaster? From what I've seen on TV, it looks kinda lame. :/
The ad on TV hypes it up quite a lot. It makes it look faster and longer than the actual ride is. So if you think the ad is lame I s'pose you are gonna think the ride is too. But still it is a fun ride. I went to Dreamworld on Friday and had my 10th ride and I still found it fun.

Is it possible to fall out the side?

The ad on TV hypes it up quite a lot. It makes it look faster and longer than the actual ride is. So if you think the ad is lame I s'pose you are gonna think the ride is too.
I don't think you see much of the ride in the ad. It keeps flashing to Mick Doohan and the random. But, from what I've seen, it reminds me of a little kid ride where you sit in the cars and just go 'round the track. o_O