Walt Disney World Company: 2006 Annual Report!

WalleyWorld

When I first came across this website I didn't know what it was all about. Well I soon figured it out when I came across concept drawings and finacial graphs for the Walt Disney Company. :oHere is the link to the website: 2006 WD Co.Annual Report Anyway, the website shows concept art of new lands, rides and even a new themepark!! It also shows what movies were big hits and what movies are planned for 07. Oh, and how well the company has been going, with shows, toys, movies, computer - console games and the Disney channel. The sight also has a lot of BLAH BLAH BLAH that I can't understand, so I suggest you go to the sections: 1. Dreaming Section 2. Letters To The Shareholders 3. The hole of the Key Business section! CoasterBoy6 EDIT: It looks like I'm not the only one who found the site :angry: :Themeparkreview pics

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Thanks for the link Coaster Boy. The new park is most likely the one they're about to build in Shanghai. I remember reading a rumor about a possible Cars (the movie) attraction; "Carland" certainly seems fit for that. It looks pretty similar to Test Track (which is a good thing) so maybe we'll see this one in Southern California. It'd be great to see more thrill rides at the Disneyland Resort. Update: After doing a little research, I uncovered an official page about a Cars attraction in Paris. I'd say Carland is just Paris' version of Autopia.

Edited by Adam

Actually Disneyland Paris already has an Autopia. I also read on a Disney forum that the new Cars attraction at Disneyland Paris will use the same technology as DCA's Francis' Ladybug Boogie (a small children's ride). Looks like it's time to get excited. Test Track at DCA!

I'd probably expect the Shanghai park to be another Magic Kingdom rather than a new concept park. When expanding into new markets, it's logical that they delivering their archetypal theme park experience (i.e. the Magic Kingdom concept) because of the universal appeal and recognition of this park. New concepts are best left to second/third/fifth gates, relying on the pulling power of the original parks. A new gate for Walt Disney World might be the most appropriate placement for that new park. It's certainly time they looked at expanding the resort with a new offering. A new Test Track style attraction is certainly overdue. They invested huge amounts into the amazing technology that drives the original - each car has its own engine that's required to perform for in excess of 12 hours a day. It's about time they paid it off with another installation.

• 2 weeks later...