Cedar Point Guest Size Ride Policy

Gold Coaster

Cedar Point Policy:

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.
I'm around 6'5"-6"6 with a 34" waistline - do you all think I'm going to have difficulty getting on Cedar Point rides? This makes me think so as while I'm not fat I'm technically a guest of 'exceptional size' due to my height. <_< But it's confusing because they only say 'may apply''. What have your experiences been? Edited by Tony Teulan

That has to be an error on their information or something. 6 foot 2 height restrictions is a fair cut off of the general population. A lot of people these days are over 6 foot (6 foot 1...2) Ok, It many not be LOADS of people, but still... Enough to wonder. I just looked at the Dreamworld website and all of the 'Big Five' rides have a height limit of 200cm... which is 6 foot 6 roughly. But I've never seen someone get turned around for their height... Ever. In any theme park! Im hoping, for your sake, that its just a typo. Email and ask the park. And the MAY apply? *shrug* No idea!

Edited by tom

I agree thats really confusing, never been to cedar point but i hope to when im older sounds quite rude and offensive and not to mention bogus, that sucks but of course they have to meet with safety restrictions and guidelines but geez they could at least not make it sound so rude! i would like to know where you got this info from just to read it myself! lol any way good luck and i hope you can get on the rides you wish to!

Hello to all. Long time looker, first time poster! Tony, I'm 6'2"-6'3" and 36" waist and i was fine on the rides at Cedar Point when i visited last May 2006. I also didn't notice anyone taller being knocked back due to height, though i did manage to see many LARGE people make the embaressing walk out of the station, not being able to connect the seat belt or restraint not clicking to safety. Do you have the long cramped leg syndrome on flights like me? I find that the Intamin cars are quite tight. How do you fit on Superman at Movie world? If it's no drama for you than you should be fine. I must point out if your heading to Six Flags New England to ride Superman:Ride Of Steel, they have a height restriction of 76", thats 6'4", and yes i was measured twice by ride ops.Once at start of queue and another entering the station. I'm glad i wasn't any taller coz it's one sweeeeeeeeet ride. Enjoy all your TPR trips. El Toro=Number One A$$ Kicker.

• 3 weeks later...