WWW Trip Reports

Dylaan

Well today, I was lucky enough to get a chance to visit WWW. Let me just say, it was above all expectations... well, I guess the lines could've been shorter. I did take some photos, might add a few later, but at the moment they're all too large to upload. I apologise if people find my TR to be either too long or too short. I seem to have a habit of wasting time pointlessly elaborating! :lol: My friend's sister dropped us there at 10:25 QLD Time and we were hoping to get in early before the lines built up. Sadly, the park opened at 10am instead even though the website clearly states the Opening Hours to be "10:30am - 4:30pm". I'm assuming QLD holidays are finished, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we spent a while trying to find a note exchange machine for the lockers, and then I realised there was one right next to me. :D After about 10 minutes of trying to create a funky PIN code, we gave up and used my friend's D.O.B. like instructed. Obviously you can't make certain combinations due to only having twelve months in a year, but hey, we can still try right? :rolleyes: Ok, I guess I better start talking about the actual rides... The first thing we did was STHC. Waited about 30 minutes, but it was worth it and the lines got longer throughout the day. The first drop was great, and because the rafts were made to accommodate larger people than myself, I was sliding back and forth a fair bit. Sat at the front too! :P The uphill acceleration is better than it looks, though I would've liked just a bit more airtime over the small hills. After that, we ran straight for The Rip. I'd say we waited about the same amount of time for it. I like the signs better than WNW's. Especially the one at the top of The Rip... "Sucked In". :P We made it to the top of the stairs, and were presently surprised when the operator asked for two people. Ended up with a couple in there late teens who weren't overly pleased, but I guess they figured the more the merrier. The drop completely takes you by surprise! Unlike WnW's Tornado, it's completely dark inside the tunnel and you don't see the drop until you're already flying down it. Unfortunately, that was probably the best part of the ride... :) We did BRO next, the line moves faster than expected due to the nature of the ride. Before we knew it we were at the top. My friend and I decided to go for the lanes in the middle, and we were not disappointed! If there are any waterslides in the world that could be almost called 'Intense' I think that the BRO would pass as one. (Well only the middle lanes actually as we found out later). The tubes are so skinny, and you fly around the bends. Keep your elbows in too if you don't enjoy pain. Having almost finished all of the large rides, we headed over to the Temple of Huey. The lines weren't too bad. You wait at the bottom for tubes like on Terror Canyon, but the line on the stairs is a bit longer. If you don't mind using a single person tube, you can usually skip most of the line. Everyone was lining up for the purple slide, or 'Broken Heads' as they call it. No line at all for the other two. Naturally, we had to try the one with the longest line... It was a decent ride, a lot faster than Terror Canyon, but shorter. One of the things I think made the ride decent, was the fact that every five minutes or so, the Cyclone roared past. I don't think people could resist stopping to watch it. Funny to watch people's heads bounce from side to side coming round the helix too. We took a break for lunch, the food is overpriced as you'd expect. We paid $8.95 for a Chicken Caesar Wrap, and they didn't heat it up either. :( Next ride on the agenda, of course was the only one left. The Green Room had a fairly long line, but nowhere near as long as STHC, which reached over the hour mark later in the day. I've been on both the Tornadoes now, and my money is definitely on WWW's version. The helix is longer and darker, I had no idea when the drop was coming. Backwards for me! :P It seems a lot bigger and steeper too. The raft lifts definitely make the experience more enjoyable. This is getting long, so I'll try to wrap it up soon. The wave pool is significantly smaller than WnW's, but tubes are free although hard to come by. More fun though IMO, the waves can supposedly knock you off your feet. The Nickelodeon play area wasn't really anything special, just larger. We did enjoy tipping overflowing buckets of water on people passing below though! B) Anyway, a great day, definitely worth the money. Get up there in the off-peak season if you can though. Sorry about the length, I get carried away I guess. <_< Hope this isn't too taxing on the eyes, and I apologise for any mistakes, we're all human.

Woah, great trip report. If you feel like it go longer even, its great to see trip reports that go into detail rather than just say something like "Went to WW, it was kewl, BRO rokked!!!!1111". Im still a bit confused about the temple of huey set up, is Broken Headz a 2 person slide, but are Cut Snake and Screamin' Right Handers both single person slides?

Brilliant pics and trip report! Thanks for sharing with us. Once again I have to say how impressed I am with WhiteWater World's presentation which is definitely at a level above and beyond Wet 'n' Wild's of recent times. I love the way they even focus on small details like colour coding the attendants shade umbrellas at each ride eg. green for Green Room and orange/red for Supertubes

Great trip report!! I must say that adding themeing and bright coloured slides make a waterpark look alot more fun and inviting. The pics you have taken have shown this aspect to WWW. Anyway, I'm going up in Sept (read signiture), can't wait! CoasterBoy6 P.S: I love the picture of the people on the wipeout!! :lol:

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Thanks for all the positive reviews! :) In the picture of WO, does anyone else think the kid in the blue on the left would be under the height restrictions, or is it just me? The same goes for some of these pics: dscf17432bg.th.jpg dscf17327rb.th.jpg dscf17309en.th.jpg
Yes, but what about the little girl sitting 2 seats over from him (on his left)!? :blink: Great pictures. Can't wait to go there. :)

Great review and thanks for the pics :) Can't wait to go next month. That little girl looks to be under the height limit.

We paid $8.95 for a Chicken Caesar Wrap, and they didn't heat it up either. :(
You do know that wraps like that aren't meant to be heated? (and you aren't meant to re-heat chicken once its cold) Edited by lisalila

You do know that wraps like that aren't meant to be heated? (and you aren't meant to re-heat chicken once its cold)
Woops. :P I just like my food warm I guess. :P The lines at the Bite Me Cafe were huge, what kind of food do they sell there? (We didn't bother to look).

Great review and thanks for the pics :) Can't wait to go next month. That little girl looks to be under the height limit. You do know that wraps like that aren't meant to be heated? (and you aren't meant to re-heat chicken once its cold)
What about at Subway? all of their chicken products are pre cooked (chicken fillet for example) and are put in the microwave to warm them up before serving. Same with the chicken tandoori and Thai chicken at McDonalds. But still, it suprises me how parks rarely seem to be able to get food service right. Some do it well, but for the most part they are overpriced, and what makes it worse is the lower quality. Although some dont like the idea, I say they should just do what Tussauds does and have franchised outlets, at least that way you know what you are getting and know what it will cost.

Yeah I'm not sure about Subway but when I went for my Food Handlers Certificate in September they said that you aren't meant to re-heat meat, especially chicken once it's gone cold, especially at room temp. My friend works at Maccas and she said they keep the meat in the fridge until someone orders it and then heats it up but I was taught you aren't meant to re-heat meat once its cold. You aren't meant to re-freeze meat once it's been thawed either lol. Just pop into DW to get some lunch, jump on the claw in you're swimmers, make everyone under you wet, it's all good :P

Yeah, i think you just misinterpereted what you are supposed to do, if something has gone cold by itself (for example by carelessly being allowed to sit out too long) then it should never be reheated as bacteria would have multipiled in that period. However, it is OK to cook something, then keep the cooked product refrigerated, and then reheat that. At Maccas for example the chicken tandoori uses pre cooked (As in at the cooked at the Chickadee factory) roast chicken pieces that we keep in the fridge. They are marinated, but only heated again when we are actually making deli rolls (Each container can be kept in the Holding Cabinet for 30mins). I can see where people are coming from about the wraps, its better when they have the chicken and tortilla hot but the salad ingredients cold (Hmm like a KFC twister, come to think of it thats probably why people were expecting it to be hot...so its like a twister)

Edited by Gazza

After being to WWW a number of times now, some tips to the prospective visitor: Avoid leaning too much on the corners on the BRO, especially in lanes 1 & 8. At the end to the turn you are likely to fall off your mat, which causes pain. Burnt a hole in my boardies. Go for lanes 1,2,7 & 8 on the BRO. The lane numbers are marked on the ground. If speed is what you want, avoid lanes 4 and 5. You will not drown on the BRO. It is impossible for you to drown in the BRO if you get stuck, unless your whole body fills the tube. If this is the case, avoid riding. For added thrill on the ToH, place your feet on top of you tube if riding single. Enquire about being spun as you go down the slide, and try and face backwards down the slide after spinning stops. For duo riders on ToH, lean as far back as possible. You will get alot more speed. Also, the ride ops on ToH tell riders who ask that Broken Heads (purple) is the scariest, Cut Snake (green) is fastest and Screamin' Right Handers (blue) is for beginners. I agree. The best line up for slide quality on ToH is Cut Snake (green). Turn left at junction on slide tower. To get the wettest when the bucket falls on Pipeline Plunge (about every minute), stand on the bridges below and to either side of the bucket ramp as opposed to directly under it. To avoid being annihilated with water on PP be aware of your surroundings. When you go up the rope ramp entry and turn right, be aware of those above you. Dive into the waves on the CoW, about midway down the pool. This is the best way to catch them and will take you a fair distance if dived into well. Be on the constant lookout for tubes in CoW, if you want one, they will become available at various times. Waves are better without tubes though. Lean as far as possible back on the GR, STHC and The Rip at all times during the ride. You will get the most height on the GR, the most airtime on STHC and the most rotations on The Rip. Finally, they and do the main rides really early, or really late in the day to save waiting time.

On the Rip though to get the most rotations it would actually make more sense to lean inward. Its a bit like when you are on a spinny thing in a playground, you keep towards the middle to make it spin fast, but hang off the side to slow it down. By keeping the center of gravity close to the middle rotations take less force.

Edited by Gazza