Trip Report - 20th Jan 07

Jack607

Well this was my first ever time going to Dreamworld :o We left early and got there about 9.30, but the rides were already operating. Luckily there was hardly any people in the park. In the morning I wasn't feeling too well, so I decided to go on Runaway Reptar before I tackle the big rides. Even though it small and not that fast, it was fun but it didn't help my sickness. We went to the Cyclone next. Ok, the first thing about the Cyclone that I didn't like is the queue line. It would be an awesome queue line if it was full, but when there's no-one in the park going around and around is just annoying. Anyhoo, on the ride I was sitting near the front, dreading it, only because I felt sick. To be honest, it was tame and boring. I only liked the loop. After the ride came the second thing I didn't like is the exit line, ITS JUST AS LONG AS THE ENTER QUEUE! That really got on my tits. After Cyclone we went on Reefdiver, which was fun! Then we went on the Claw. The Claw, hands down my favourite ride at Dreamworld. It's so fun! I luuuuuuurv the feeling you get when you whoosh down ;0 so joice! I ended up riding the Claw over and over and over again in the arvo. The Wipeout followed the Claw...and uggh. There was a delay because something went wrong, so we were in the queue for about half an hour. To be honest, I would rather queue up 2hours for runaway reptar then 30 mins for this, it's just not what it's cracked up to be. Although, i do think the shark in the water is cute! good theming as well... After the Wipeout we headed for the rapids, that was fun! GOT ABSOLUTELY SOAKED! then the log flume, soaked again! after that we just did whatever, i didnt go on the tot/gd. it was a fun day! Pro's Clean, friendly staff, very good day out Con's queue's

Did you go alllll the way around the cyclone exit line or did you use the emergency exit stairs? they cut a lot of time off the exit line if you go down them instead of twisting your way around and around :P The thing with the log ride is, it's Summer so you are going to get drenched, same as the rapids. Great report though, sounds like had a lot of fun, even though you felt sick.

Edited by lisalila

Its not padlocked or anything, just lift the latch up. It's the exit where you come out of the cyclone, you go straight, right, straight, right, straight, up the stairs, right and then its the first exit you see there (but its the second exit you see altogether). By the time you get down there the people walking around are only on like the 3rd or 2nd level.

We had a couple of people from Germany ask us if we worked at Dreamworld because we were using those stairs lol. Yeah sure, we were just testing the ride to make sure it was safe! When they were building www my friend and I were going down the stairs and one of the workers called us lazy because we didn't walk all the way around, I said I've got better thing's to do then go around and around when there's an exit right here.

Edited by lisalila