Trip Report - 17th Jan 07

Jack607

im a movie world virgin :o ok, well we got there early as usual, but the queue's were still massive. we had to wait even longer because we had a summer pass. but yeah, once we got in it was awesome! i really like movie world, before i go into detail - this was my favourite park all round. there's so many things to do and see, and not to mention the theming is perfect. anyhoo - scooby doo! im a wimp when it comes to dark rides, so i screamed alot on this. i loved the lift and the backwards drop, the lighting was good and oh - forgot to mention the wait was only about 5 mins - so this was a great ride! the part where you wind around really throws you! i rode this 3 times overall. tehe, im scared of heights, and it wasnt until my mum told me she was terrified of the height that i realized how high we actually were! next was wild west falls! again another awesome ride. perfect theming and i loved the last drop! go soaked ;) after WWF it was time for.. SUPERMAN :o omgsh... i was really scared of this, but i was like "just do it jack JUST DO IT" so i did, i was sitting in the front carriage. i was expecting to just leave the station and launch, BUT OMG! i was sooo wrong.. the part before the ride when you're in the subway is soo good.. even though it just made me twice as scared! then there was the launch... being from perth, there's nothing over here, and even though i've been to alton towers, i didnt get a chance to go on RITA. so yeah, first launch EVA! it was.... the. scariest. thing. ive. ever. experienced. the feeling you get is just... woah! and then you go over the top, and around and arggghh! it was just the best coaster in the world :o i loved it :) after that... *gulp* LW. argh! this thing.. nearly... killed me. ITS CRAP! the end. because im lazy, ill skip the rest of the rides - but then again, i wouldn't wana spoil it for those who havent been yet. definatly ranking my fav park EVAAAAAAA :o p.s - i didnt go on batwing. im scared of heights, but i said i'd go on it after the stunt show (which rocked may i add)..however it closed already. i regret it. yays :) pros: clean theming alot to do/see diverse selection of attractions cons: the staff weren't as friendly as WWW and DW.

What's wrong with that? Scooby holds 4 peeps per car? When my sisters and i go on Scooby we always end up with someone else. But that doesn't bother us.
We had a group of 5 and we were planning a 3 and a 2, she split us so that 1 of us had to go alone... that didn't make my day. And Alton Towers just didn't do it for me, in terms of theming and presentation, MW is a knotch above AT - even though AT has "better" rides.

Well, its sort of a necessary evil for ops to be a bit pushy, but as long as they are polite then there is no problem. I mean it annoys me when people complain about a long line for a ride, yet at the same time complain about ops telling them what to do. On every ride the bottleneck that causes lines is the loading process, so it is in their best interests to try and get people organized and on board quickly and using as many of the available seats as possible (Thats why on Superman they always call for single riders) . What are they supposed to do, just let people (who are in a theme park remeber, so the brain isnt switched on) into the station and wait around for them to work it out themselves.

You rank MW higher than Alton Towers? Surely you're kidding. Or do you just mean out of parks in Australia?
All he said was that he didnt get to ride rita so SE was his first launching coaster, and to him launching to 100kmhˉ¹ was the scariest thing ever.
some of them don't even talk or tell you where to go when you get off the rides.
Normally I just walk out the doorway, or walk towards the sign that says "exit" But i found WBMW staff friendly, if you asked them something they would answer you nicley and they fulfilled special requests (Eg giving change from food in a way that i would have the right coins for a locker)

Normally I just walk out the doorway, or walk towards the sign that says "exit"
What I meant was, one time when I got off the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster, there was a woman there filing her nails and chewing gum, and she didn't even look up or anything. I thought that was pretty rude, she's getting paid for just standing there.

There are a few rude employees at MW but I think the nicer ones are so much greater then the rude and mean one's. The thing with Scooby though is it's easy to get out, you just wait for the bar to release and scoot out, walk straight then turn left. It's not real hard compared to say LW when the harness doesn't want to unlock and you sit there looking like a complete dork in front of everyone.

• 2 weeks later...