Batwing Closure

bern1992

Commissioning is the process of 'finishing off' a building, ride, whatever, prior to handing it over to its new owners. It's basically where the work any of the bugs out and make sure everything is working properly. The first I hear of this is your post so this is PURELY speculation but I'd say after having the ride open for a month or so there are some things they'd like to either change or improve and now that the busy season is ending they are going to take the time to do that.

Haven't seen any problems with batman spaceshot at this stage, superman escape can occasionally misfire causing a rollback and can have hydraulic launch issues, it requires considerable maintence but that just comes when you have to use such a powerful engine. Also people sneaking things onboard and falling out of their pockets or whatever has caused half day closures apparently.

Superman is no longer on the list as of the time of this post..

Latest News RIDES AND ATTRACTIONS MAINTENANCE Batwing Spaceshot is currently closed for commissioning maintenance from Monday 29 January for a minimum two week period. Please check back for further updates. Road Runner Rollercoaster will be closed from 12 March until 1 April 2007 inclusive for annual maintenance.
Edited by lisalila

Maybe this could include additons to the theming smile.gif ? Hey, I can dream. But just a question for those in the know/frequent visitors, has there been many technical difficulties and breakdowns when you are trying to ride?
Yeah, I agree. Hopefully it is the finishing off with the theming, maybe even making it a lot better. Oh well, time will tell?

I'm hoping this means they are going to improve the actual ride experience. I'm yet to hear one person say that the ride is anything particularly special. The overall ride reviews have been pretty average. And from the video footage I have seen I can sort of see why. With a tower of that height - the ride program and experience should be nothing short of thrilling

Is the theming really that bad they need to close the ride to fix it or add to it??
Well, its not bad, but its nothing special. Anyway, there is a whole thread already on wether people feel the need for the theming to be improved, or wether it is fine as it is, so the answer to your question lies there :)

^LMFAO! I honestly don't see why people need to smoke in theme parks, heck, why do people even smoke at all? Can't they see what they're doing to themselves? I know addiction is a big problem, but still, what would make you want to inhale smoke, no matter what chemicals it contains! (I apologise to any smokers on these forums, but really, you should consider quitting. All your doing is making life harder).

I sent MW an email yesterday asking them if SE was closed from 7-11 Feb and this is the reply i got. Dear James Thank you for your recent e-mail to Warner Bros. Movie World. Due to the fact that we are a year round operation, it is necessary for us to close our attractions from time to time so that general maintenance can take place. At present, I can advise that the only scheduled closures are as follows: Batwing Spaceshot is currently closed for commissioning maintenance from Monday 29 January for a minimum two week period. Road Runner Rollercoaster will be closed from 12 March until 1 April 2007 inclusive for annual maintenance.

My first thought when I heard about Batwing being shutdown for that period was that you won't get to ride it now. I'm so pissed off for you James. You'll just have to come back up again soon. At least Superman will be running now. Maybe we could rig up a portaloo like in those Japanese clips so you could experience some small part of the sensation. We could even paint it black with the Bat symbol on it. :lol:

But dont you come up to the GC a few times a year anyway? Its a bugger you cant ride it now, but it would be going next time so you can look foward to that. I know how you feel though, when I was up this time last year I was expecting Extreme H20 zone to be open but as we all know they were slow getting it ready. At least WWW is open, and err, a big observation wheel.