Was Batwing open today?

dreamworld_rulz

Batwing Spaceshot is currently closed for commissioning maintenance from Monday 29 January until Monday 5 February 2007 inclusive. Please check back for further updates.
Inclusive means the ride would most likely have been shut today, unless they managed to get it all done a day early. Perhaps tommorow someone in the know can tell us what has changed (These new features....)

Batwing opens tomorrow morning at 10:00am! Just to be nice and precise... Just a little note when it says this: Batwing Spaceshot is currently closed for commissioning maintenance from Monday 29 January until Monday 5 February 2007 inclusive. It means it includes those days, so in this case, it would have closed on the 29th and wouldn't open until the 6th. VERY rarely, maintenance is completed early, and will allow it to open earlier, so Batwing SHOULD be open, unless something goes wrong!

From what I saw earlier this morning, it is operating with 8 seats, four on opposite sides. On the other two sides a seat has been removed from each, so they are not in use. As for line times, it really wasn't very busy today so there wasnt' much of a wait. I waited longer tha morning it opened and I got there at 9:30am that day.

Yeah they had 4 seats on each side (SE & entrance side) and the maximum we waited was 20 minutes. we went on it at around 3pmish and it sorta broke down; they run a few empty test runs and the maintenance guys were there watching for a few cycles. I think BW is 10X better then the Drop...I had my arms up the whole time and came soo far out of my seat and the view oh my goodness! if you go on the entrance side you can see right down to Dreamworld and beyond. It was so awesome. The countdown should be random though. Batman hurt my arm as we came off though, the characters were walking towards the ride as we were coming off and he grabbed my arm unexpecedly and asked how I was doing. The North Melbourne AFL team was there too and the park had a lot of people in it. Line ride times were good though so can't complain. We got there at 1pm and got two rides on SE, 2 on BW, one on Lethal, on on Scooby and one on wwf.

we went on SE with a few of them and WWF, they were screaming like girls over the top hat! and a few of them chickened out on WWF, said they did not like the look of the drop lol. Whimps!
What are you referring to, your firends or the North Melbourne AFL Team? :huh: CoasterBoy8 Edited by Coaster Boy 8

I honestly cannot believe I missed the AFL guys the other day. I was there ages and missed them.
OMG how could u miss them?. I walked past them heaps ( Also Brisbane Lions) and every time i did i said "Go the Bombers" Even when they were signing autographs where the exit ramp to SE is i said it. Johnathon Brown told me to F off. :o So i called him a wanker. :) I'm going to MW today to renew my pass then off to DW and WWW. I fly out from Brisbane airport tonight with Qantas. This'll be my last trip to the Gold Coast untill 12th June. I've had a great time and the waterslides @ the Hotel was bloody awesome. I'm disapointed that it's time to leave but s*it happens. The Gold Coast has put on great weather for us (Even though it's been windy since day 1) Tony thanks for the Screamworld meet up it was a pleasure meeting you. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

I walked past them heaps ( Also Brisbane Lions) and every time i did i said "Go the Bombers"
When the Bombers and Lions last met in a grand final who won? But LOL for making Johnathon Brown arc up. Just a couple of things, did you take any photos of the waterslides at the place you stayed (If you didn't, what was the name of the hotel so I can suss the place out) An Geeze, going to the GC again in four months :o , I swear you have the worlds best annual leave arrangements.

Haha! Yeah I missed em. I was there and knew they were around but didn't run into them or speak to them or anything. I am not a huge AFL fan so I honestly wasn't too fussed, but it woulda been great to be in the background on the news or something lol. Not so great that old mate chucked off at you though. I wouldn't have excepted that haha!

Johnathon Brown wasnt in a good mood that day so no suprise he told you to f off. He refused to be photographed with Batman on Space Shot as well.

What are you referring to, your firends or the North Melbourne AFL Team? :huh: CoasterBoy8
I do believe I was talking about the NM team..I wouldn't refer to my friends as "you missed them? we went on SE and WWF with them" especially to another forum member who was talking about NM ;)

Just a couple of things, did you take any photos of the waterslides at the place you stayed (If you didn't, what was the name of the hotel so I can suss the place out) An Geeze, going to the GC again in four months :o , I swear you have the worlds best annual leave arrangements.
I only took pics from the last trip when we were staying @ the Shore. The name of the Hotel i stayed @ was the Outrigger Sun City Resort. It's on the corner of Ocean Ave and Gold Coast Hwy. Outrigger Sun City Resort My job doesn't require me to work 9-5, 5 days a week. I work my own hrs and days. EDIT : Although this hotel is expensive i got a great deal on Ebay. $99.00 per nite in a 1 bedroom plus $20 per nite for a rollaway.

post-538-1171259461_thumb.jpg

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

So far off topic but I'll say anyway that I would recommend Sun City to anyone, best hotel on the coast IMO. Unfortunately the Left hand (bigger) slide is only open over the Christmas period during the week and weekends during summer. The other slide is open all the time though and still packs a punch.

So far off topic but I'll say anyway that I would recommend Sun City to anyone, best hotel on the coast IMO. Unfortunately the Left hand (bigger) slide is only open over the Christmas period during the week and weekends during summer. The other slide is open all the time though and still packs a punch.
The Sun City is a great resort but Jesus it's expensive. It's more than $200 p/n. Yeah the left side is only open on w/e don't know why though, but it kicks ass. :lol:

Unfortunately the Left hand (bigger) slide is only open over the Christmas period during the week and weekends during summer.
<_< BOOOOO! Only during the summer, what about the other slide?
The other slide is open all the time though and still packs a punch.
:D YAAAAAY!! I love Hotel Waterslides; it feels like you have then all to your self!
The Sun City is a great resort but Jesus it's expensive. It's more than $200 p/n.
:blink: WHOOW! That's really expensive! Anyway, back on track, where is this hotel located? It looks like it's right next to the beach; is it in Surfers? CoasterBoy8 Edited by Coaster Boy 8

It's on the corner of Ocean Avenue and Gold Coast highway. Its very close to the beach and the Indy track..you know where Red Rooster is? (the store not the one in Cavil Ave) its like just down the traffic lights there going towards Surfers..you surely can not miss it lol. Very 5 star.

Edited by lisalila