Big Brothers Future

mattcrombie

Wooo! Maybe that's where they'll stick the new motorbike accelerator!
I love your thinking WnW Rocks, LoL :P. Nar, serious, if they took down the house and the ampitheater than this would leave alot of room to expand the park. Mabey there is going to be a new area? Back on topic: Where would they put the house? The Fox studios is in the heart of Sydney isn't it? CoasterBoy6

I know for sure that the production company of big brother has paid for another 3 years this year included of rent to dreamworld. Dreamworld don't actually have direct influence over the show. 3 more series confirmed regardless of the severely falling ratings simply because they are making a fortune through SMS voting and inturn making the show extremely profititable regardless of the ratings. Big bro is going to be around for a while still... Be assured of that

LOL! This rumour has come up every year for at least the last 3 years! They definitely have a contract over the house site and amphitheatre until the 2009 season. They have the perfect location where they are now and no way Channel 10 is going to let them go since they win the ratings in 10's target audience (16-39s) every show!

Even if they sold the show to fox, it wouldn't be moving because A, all the shows infrastructure is quite expensive and difficult to prepare, B, the shows production company is not network TEN or FOX. The company that produces the show is Southern Star Endemol. They produce it and sell the broadcasting rights to whichever network they establish a relationship with and are willing to pay the big bucks for cost of production. It is an expensive show hiring about 300 production staff. Now the worst thing that could happen is if the show ends up earning syndication. Great for Big Brother because of larger budgets, but bad for us because we'd never get rid of it hehehe.

Hate to be pedantic here, but just a fact check: Southern Star and Endemol are actually two separate entities. Endemol originally developed BB overseas. In Australia, shows such as this, and MANY MANY others are developed by Southern Star and Endemol, hence the splash at the end of the show, saying Southern Star Endemol. Southern Star Sydney shares the offices with Network 10 National (not sydney), along with Southern Cross Syndication, and Radio 2UE. Southern Cross Syndication handles the ex-SKY Radio Network, the 2UE Radio network (the John Laws Syndicate etc). I can't say which way around the ownership goes, but needless to say, that Network 10, Southern Star, Endemol, 2UE and the Southern Cross Radio Network are all working VERY closely. I don't know the politics, but Network 10 has dibs on any Endemol concept that comes down under. So long as BB is successful, Network 10 will hold on to it... and when BB is no longer successful, Network 10 will ditch BB, and when they do, nobody else will buy it from endemol, because - it is NO LONGER SUCCESSFUL!

and when BB is no longer successful, Network 10 will ditch BB, and when they do, nobody else will buy it from endemol, because - it is NO LONGER SUCCESSFUL!
I doubt that. How many quiz/talent shows have resurfaced on other networks or on the same network but years later. Look at The price is right how many times has that been redone? You also have Sale of the Century but in a different format known as Temptation. Family Feud which was originally on c7. It's now on 9. So just because it's gone doesn't really mean it's gone forever.

I doubt that. How many quiz/talent shows have resurfaced on other networks or on the same network but years later. Look at The price is right how many times has that been redone? You also have Sale of the Century but in a different format known as Temptation. Family Feud which was originally on c7. It's now on 9. So just because it's gone doesn't really mean it's gone forever.
True, but reviving a quiz show is a bit easier because the set up costs are lower, and should the show fail then finding a replacement is easier and its not so much of a loss. It would be a bit of a gamble trying to revive BB after its demise as it is such an expensive show to establish, and if it did flop then they are stuck with a whole series they somehow have to play out, as well as a white elephant house.

On a reletively unrelated note does anyone here know who's in charge of hiring the production crew for Big Brother? I'm assuming Southern Star/Endemol.
Most of the the production is handled by Global Television. Many of the senior crew have been on the show since it began.

• 4 months later...

Just letting you know to watch your spelling/grammar there mate, you're supposed to do that on this site :) Yes, you can go to the big brother house, but only during the off season, when they offer free tours. You access the house via a path through the bush, which you can see in the picture I put in my last post. Have a look at http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/ride.php?rid=254 as it has plenty of info on the Big Brother house when it is open to the public.