Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

Heres my pix from today... It only took a couple of days for the track for that ride to go up, i couldnt see much at the bottom of the ride... The reconstruction of the flumes goes all the way to the bottom of the mountain everything got wiped out except for whats left, obviously. The Kangaroo is out the back behind the ex-mountain as someone else pointed out. Hopefully in the next couple of weekends i'll go inside and get more shots.

post-1545-1182669109_thumb.jpg

post-1545-1182669372_thumb.jpg

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It went up in 1 day though... I suppose it doesn't count. lol. Nice photos gumby. You can definately tell its themed to a wave. The aqua part at the bottom, then the blue, then the whitewash bit at the top,. Ah, so excited :D Sorry for my dodgo photo.

Edited by myk

Wasn't really anything to miss. Even from the top of a 60 foot boom lift next to the construction site there was really nothing to see one day and then a completed ride two days later. From outside the park there was even less. Naturally even if I had taken photos inside company property of the contruction, I wouldn't be able to post them for public consumption anyway.

I'm pretty sure the rules on the ticket state that you can't use photos for comercial purposes so you posting them on an internet forum site shoule be fine, as a member of the public and in a public area. Joz is correct on was on site back of house at work (I work for WVTP) so any photos I were to take wouldn't be allowed to be posted publically as per company rules. I would think this would especially be the case with this ride after the issue with the paper writing a rather unwelcomed article on the forthcoming attraction.

I got some information that i found out. 1. The mountain and slides where destroyed because they were leaking and too much water was be wasted, and with water restrictions this had to be fixed as far as i know the same slides are going back. 2. The new coaster is 35m high one of the smallest of its types but still is going to be good. all construction was done at nite over last week. 3. An american water park closed down recently and a bloke from wet'n'wild went over there and purchased 4 slides unsure of what type but they are to be constructed next to the tornado. These will be open by the end of the year i think.

he new coaster is 35m high one of the smallest of its types
Hmm... That's weird... I would've sworn that they were either 20m or 30m. Does that mean we've got the biggest one or that it's not 35m? Sorry if I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem right.

1. The mountain and slides where destroyed because they were leaking and too much water was be wasted, and with water restrictions this had to be fixed as far as i know the same slides are going back.
Yeah the leaking was disgusting, it's about time this was fixed. Looked very unprofessional.
3. An american water park closed down recently and a bloke from wet'n'wild went over there and purchased 4 slides unsure of what type but they are to be constructed next to the tornado. These will be open by the end of the year i think.
If the buzz going around is true, think Donna Summer and a very much Wet'n'Wild Orlando inspired slide & you have at least one slide that will probably bowl you over... and rip Whitewater World apart ;) Edited by Tony Teulan

1. The mountain and slides where destroyed because they were leaking and too much water was be wasted, and with water restrictions this had to be fixed as far as i know the same slides are going back.
They destroyed them?! Destructive bastards :P
2. The new coaster is 35m high one of the smallest of its types but still is going to be good. all construction was done at nite over last week.
This is a quote from that recent WVTP survey. A new water-rollercoaster is being considered for a Theme Park on the Gold Coast. Riders are placed in one of two cars on the train which resembles a giant surfboard. Each car is a free-spinning circle that holds six people. The track is essentially a giant, upright U and the surfboard is loaded at the bottom of the U. The propulsion accelerates the surfboard up both sides of the track up to a height of 20 metres. A typical ride consists of approximately five to six cycles of the train travelling through the U. This ride will be a wet ride, with the surfboard/train plowing through water jets. Based on this description, how appealing is this experience to you personally? Both these pieces of information point to the ride being the 20m version. And anyway if it were 35m high it would be the highest of its type, not the smallest.
3. An american water park closed down recently and a bloke from wet'n'wild went over there and purchased 4 slides unsure of what type but they are to be constructed next to the tornado. These will be open by the end of the year i think.
Anyone know of any American waterparks that closed recently? I can only think of WnW in Vegas. Edited by Gazza

All I know is I've been telling everyone at WVTP what WnW needs is a Disco H2O slide for quite some time now... Actually just doing some quick looking the only waterparks I can find that have closed 'recently' in the US have all continued operation with new owners... so I don't know about us buying slides from over there... will do some digging today at work ;)

Edited by djrappa

All I know is I've been telling everyone at WVTP what WnW needs is a Disco H2O slide for quite some time now... Actually just doing some quick looking the only waterparks I can find that have closed 'recently' in the US have all continued operation with new owners... so I don't know about us buying slides from over there... will do some digging today at work ;)
Could he be confused with the last batch of slides to come to WnW. One of the Engineering staff went over to South America to collect all of those rides.

Drove past WnW yesterday afternoon. The Half Pipe looks awsome. i must say that those photos don't really do it justice. It really dominates the skyline of WnW, and that is a big claim considering what is around it. And to be honest, I am really looking forward to riding it. EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention as well that they are putting in a heap of new pipes and stuff running all the way along the front of Movieworld and WnW. Might have something to do with improving the water system around the area. Probably not important. But it does look like they are increasing the size of the Movieworld Carpark. After last summer, Movieworld, WnW, and Aussie Outback might need quite a few extra spots.

Edited by Churros

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention as well that they are putting in a heap of new pipes and stuff running all the way along the front of Movieworld and WnW. Might have something to do with improving the water system around the area. Probably not important.
This is actually SEQs "Water Highway" part of the governments strategy to connect up the dams. It actually has nothing to do with the park, its only going through there due to the "clear way" the power lines above it provide. But i cant wait for the ride as far as i care the more the better ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Some new pics: The revamped mountain is going to have more than one slide in it. From the looks of it, it will have four new installations put in. Seeing as though they destroyed the old ones, and they probably couldn't have found second hand ones that fit the hill and surrounding areas, I reckon these things will be new slides. I hope they are turbo tunnels, but hey, whatever they do will be good. You can see in the second pic that they are altering the exit points on the pool. Mountain3.jpgMountainpool.jpg As for the surfrider they have started putting the train on it. They have also gotten started on the entrance path. Halfpipetrain.jpgHalfpipestation.jpg

These are the best pics I could find to show what I mean, but have a look how the "train" sits on the wheels: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig2648.htm?picture=3 Because the wheels are so far apart, at each end of the train, the train just sits flat even though the track below it is curved. Not exactly rocket science. http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3499.htm?picture=2 The station platform is flat, not stepped like djsuperslueth said. And arrrgh, the slides at white water mountain were demolished, not destroyed.

Edited by Gazza